CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh, definitely not true. Halo 3, while can be fun, has so many problems that prevent it from being considered "golden". Too many to list. 

Can you name some? I always though H3 had a near H2 rep.

No clue what you are referring to bud haha, but i'm all for steezy animations after the game. Makes me like i am the spartan BSing with the boys.

They should incorporate "Spartan celebrations", similar to FIFAs. Spartans leapfrogging, back flipping, salsaing, etc =)

On FC when your team wins the best player on the losing team is bound as a hostage or captive prisoner. The other three people in the cut scene represent winning team members. The best player on the winning team can decide to release the loser or sadistically kill him. The scenario played out based on that decision ranges and some of them are entertaining.

I can see why it won't be included in halo but this peanut butter jelly time dance is ... Well... Boring.

tbh The more gameplay I see the more excited I am. A lot more excited then I ever was for Halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 2

tbh The more gameplay I see the more excited I am. A lot more excited then I ever was for Halo 4

I'm with tbh. People have been saying that aim assist is much lower than any title which should make games a lot more interesting let alone the SA's that we get. But still, Sprint is still going to piss people off no matter what.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me why their SnD version is Slayer only? Of course that's not to say there could be an Obj version in the final game, but when you have a one life round gametype and it's Slayer only, everyone's just gonna camp and play SUPER passive. There needs to be some sort of objective to keep people moving around the map.

You would think those pros that they have hanging around 343 would tell them that, but it's pretty obvious by now they are just there for PR and to roflstomp the dev team while the dev team ignores all of their requests.

This is the same dev team who thought that ordinance drops were a good idea. Because screw getting people to move around the map.

why not make it so that when you jump while sprinting, even if you stop sprinting in mid-air, your momentum remains.

Example. You shoot an enemy 2 times, he's half shields and starts sprinting away. Then you chase him with sprint and once youre at max speed, you jump and stop sprinting mid-air to shoot him and sprint again once you land.

OR, maybe use the slide ability to use your weapon while chasing a weak enemy.

The thing I've come to realize from the way 343 handled the reveal is that the MCC was intended to be classic Halo's obituary. If you want classic Halo there it is. The beta is irrelevant and we can cry all we want about it nothing substantial is changing. There is literally no way 343 doesn't know about what folks, particularly in here, have been saying (especially about sprint) and yet this is what they made. MCC is their answer for those who like classic Halo. And it's never, ever coming back. Halo will henceforth mirror current industry trends.

Sad but true. Moving on from the "core" series gameplay to fit with the trends worked so well for Rainbow Six, Socom, GoW, H4, Crysis, right? Oh wait...those series are now on their deathbeds now because of it while CS and CoD sit back and laugh at the "innovative series" killing themselves.

I still cant get over that 343 has the audacity to make Halo players use ADS on BR's after EVERYONE In the community making it clear that is the last thing we would want in H5. I really dont think that will fly well with alot of Halo players, regardless if its mostly aesthetic. Halo gamers of all are very accustomed to a specific visual style, ADS of any kind simply has no place in a R+G DM FPS from a stylistic and game-play perspective.

Oh well, at least Bluestreak looks like it could be the true "Next-generation Arena FPS" Arena die-hards have been waiting for. Not this compromised style 343 insists on. Eat your heart out ADS kiddies, there is likely more creativity, skill, and mechanical variety in these two weapons than your entire game! Thats not even counting the 10x movement speed and depth it will likely have over most ADS shooters. I think I am in love, even more bad-ass looking than UT. :wub:

B2b87dvCcAEtjJO.jpg

B2b87GwCEAEvK8T.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

why not make it so that when you jump while sprinting, even if you stop sprinting in mid-air, your momentum remains.

Example. You shoot an enemy 2 times, he's half shields and starts sprinting away. Then you chase him with sprint and once youre at max speed, you jump and stop sprinting mid-air to shoot him and sprint again once you land.

OR, maybe use the slide ability to use your weapon while chasing a weak enemy.

Or take sprint out and people will play smarter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As someone who has played this game since Halo 1 and competed at MLGs in Halo 2 I am against sprint as much as anyone. At this point 343 is not going to take sprint out of the game. The maps are already being designed with sprint in mind as evident by gameplay. Halo 5 as a whole does look exciting and I do have to admit the more I watch the more I believe 343 is moving in the right direction with pro input.

My Suggestion would be that if you get shot when sprinting that you immediately stop sprinting. This would limit people being able to sprint out of battles and around corners being a shot  or two down. Being able to not regenerate your shields while sprinting is a great thing that was added. On top of that and my suggestion, I think sprint would be acceptable since it would only be able to be used for movement around the map as opposed to running away from battles and regenerating your shields.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate sprint in Halo as much as anyone, but I know it won't get taken out, period. They have built the entire game around it, at least it's more balanced this time around. Not being able to recharge shields and the fact that the kill times are so fast will make sure sprint won't behave like it did in Reach. 

Halo 4 has the best campaign right now from the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Less Auto aim, Equal Starts, DeScope, Fast Pacing, Spec Mode and new Ranking system is making me excited about the Beta...

Surprised that the inclusion of Ground Pound is getting less and less frustrating to me (thx to the latest Bomb Planted episode)

Still bummed about the maps being so damn colossal though....

Sliding, Tackling and Hovering is whatever/alright to me

SmG is too effective even in Mid Range why??

Still Excited nonetheless

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hahahaha my friend who is overseas at the moment and we were planning on doing all the Halo campaigns on MCC when he gets back.  He's the biggest Halo casual, but he enjoys all the games and I play split screen with him a fair bit (he just never gets better and so we just mess around and it's fun), we haven't spoken for a while he messages me randomly:

"Have you got halo? I cant wait haha. Halo 2 looks awesome, its got brand new cutscenes! I just watched a halo 5 gameplay video... Lololololol. Every player has a jetpack and inlimited sprint all the time. And all the guns have zoom/aim down sights with left trigger... Just like cod. You can zoom/aim down assault rifle now!!! Wtf. The battle rifle aimed down sights in looks exactlty like the sights of a gun in cod. They completely changed the whole game, they litterally turned it into cod. Lolololol Wtf. "Cod 5, guardians" "

If he thinks like that about it, I hate to think how many others do.  343 really making a mistake here making Halo so similar to CoD.  Halo needs to differentiate itself.  People want to play Halo, not some fucked up Halo/Cod/Titanfall hybrid.  

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then you'd be tying shields with sprint, which means that sprinting would decrease your shields. It would be interesting to see a game where people play when sprinting is tied to their shields in this scenario.

Reminds me of Crysis.

OT that game had a lot of potential in MP but never lived up to it. That's a shame the Singleplayer was awesome!

They should do a Crysis Next gen collection imagine the graphics...

As someone who has played this game since Halo 1 and competed at MLGs in Halo 2 I am against sprint as much as anyone. At this point 343 is not going to take sprint out of the game. The maps are already being designed with sprint in mind as evident by gameplay. Halo 5 as a whole does look exciting and I do have to admit the more I watch the more I believe 343 is moving in the right direction with pro input.

My Suggestion would be that if you get shot when sprinting that you immediately stop sprinting. This would limit people being able to sprint out of battles and around corners being a shot  or two down. Being able to not regenerate your shields while sprinting is a great thing that was added. On top of that and my suggestion, I think sprint would be acceptable since it would only be able to be used for movement around the map as opposed to running away from battles and regenerating your shields.

I will find that very buggy looking/annoying, don't you think? imagine sprint and damage fighting each other... But I did take your idea and thought of a similar one.

What if you cant sprint without shields? simple.

I want to drink some of this positivity potion a lot of you seem to have access to. Every new video I see makes me think I'll play the beta for about a few hours before going back to the MCC - glitched matchmaking or not.

That newest breakout one, where they all sprint into the middle in a jumping, leaping clusterfuck of player movement and the round ends in seconds?

Yeah, seems like a classic to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 4 has the best campaign right now from the series.

except not. Halo CE campaign >. But that's off topic, so lets stay on topic pls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will find that very buggy looking/annoying, don't you think? imagine sprint and damage fighting each other... But I did take your idea and thought of a similar one.

What if you cant sprint without shields? simple.

Like the spartan suit could funnel shield power to sprint? What if your shields are near zero already? Do you sprint slower?

I agree with the stuff goldenboy said about the ground pound.  As long as it isn't piss easy to use I actually think it can be used in competitive play.  However, out of all the things that have been added I think clambering is the most pointless out of all them.  343 purposely designed the maps so that it could be use.  In order to get the sword on midship you must clamber to get it.  Same goes with other ledges on the map.  I just think it is completely pointless and it takes you out of the game.  They should instead increase jump height and design the maps so that they don't revolve around clambering.  Clambering solves absolutely nothing and adds absolutely nothing to the game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree with the stuff goldenboy said about the ground pound.  As long as it isn't piss easy to use I actually think it can be used in competitive play.  However, out of all the things that have been added I think clambering is the most pointless out of all them.  343 purposely designed the maps so that it could be use.  In order to get the sword on midship you must clamber to get it.  Same goes with other ledges on the map.  I just think it is completely pointless and it takes you out of the game.  They should instead increase jump height and design the maps so that they don't revolve around clambering.  Clambering solves absolutely nothing and adds absolutely nothing to the game.

I think every ability should have both positive and negative consequences when is used. For example, with Ground pound, if you land on an opponent and get the kill you are good to go, you stand up asap and go forward. But if you miss, you either lose some shields or take a second or two to stand up (because you missed) there should be a balance in each ability. Clamber, like you said, adds nothing to the game. 

SmG is too effective even in Mid Range why??

If you're watching the gameplay of Breakout, that's because Breakout has no shields, or increased damage or something. There have been contradicting sources of info on that.

Strange that the shield bar isn't present on Breakout, but headshots with the pistol don't seem to kill instantly.