CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I am not jumping to any conclusions. I learned from 4 not to get my hopes up for anything that "looks" cool. When people first played Halo 4 they said it was awesome and could see it being competitive and look what happened. Thank god they are doing a beta to give it time to really sink in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is button glitches part of the halo formula? I just realized how majority of the people here love h2 and hce. Where they are the Golden era of halo...

but once h3 hit, some people hated it.. Some loved it...

So are button glitches what makes halo.. Halo? Or is it just a bonus feature?

Is button glitches part of the halo formula? I just realized how majority of the people here love h2 and hce. Where they are the Golden era of halo...

Halo CE and Halo 2 have the greatest formula of fun and skill gap out of any game in the series, also CE's reputation is unparalleled. Halo 3 had a better skill gap than Reach and 4 no argue, but the competitive aspects were buggy and random. Such as the bulletscan not being at an optimal frequency, which tends to break things.

Halo 3 on the One completely destroys the 360 version minus the bugs. Once the bugs are fixed Halo 3 will be a golden GOAT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are bonus features, not necessary in making the game good. Starting weapon, strafe, kill times, aiming, etc are way more important. 

Halo CE and Halo 2 have the greatest formula of fun and skill gap out of any game in the series, also CE's reputation is unparalleled. Halo 3 had a better skill gap than Reach and 4 no argue, but the competitive aspects were buggy and random. Such as the bulletscan not being at an optimal frequency, which tends to break things.

Halo 3 on the One completely destroys the 360 version minus the bugs. Once the bugs are fixed Halo 3 will be a golden GOAT.

Oh, definitely not true. Halo 3, while can be fun, has so many problems that prevent it from being considered "golden". Too many to list. 

Oh, definitely not true. Halo 3, while can be fun, has so many problems that prevent it from being considered "golden". Too many to list. 

What was the host advantage like on the MCC version. The game certainly isn't perfect, don't get me wrong. Halo 2 still has the greater emotion in terms of campaign, though. Same for CE's campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still have my hopes up that sprint will die. It just has to. It's just so bad

I hate sprint in Halo as much as anyone, but I know it won't get taken out, period. They have built the entire game around it, at least it's more balanced this time around. Not being able to recharge shields and the fact that the kill times are so fast will make sure sprint won't behave like it did in Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will the matchmaking be fixed in time for the H5 beta? I assume it's going to use the same system as the rest of them, seeing as it's in the same sub menu.

And what if it is fixed and the beta breaks it?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will the matchmaking be fixed in time for the H5 beta? I assume it's going to use the same system as the rest of them, seeing as it's in the same sub menu.

I'm sure the servers themselves aren't the actual issue, but how the game is being applied and used on them. Considering MCC is outsource city, I'd assume they were just messily prepared. Majority of 343 is tasked to H5 so I assume they'd be better. I'd actually probably imagine the Beta U.I. and features itself being more stable than MCC.

If they are going to gimmick the end I prefer Far Cry.

No clue what you are referring to bud haha, but i'm all for steezy animations after the game. Makes me like i am the spartan BSing with the boys.  

They should incorporate "Spartan celebrations", similar to FIFAs. Spartans leapfrogging, back flipping, salsaing, etc =)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we at least shoot while sprinting? Please?

I've accepted that sprint is here to stay but I don't want to be vulnerable while using a shitty mechanic. *sigh*

I can't bring myself to like this game honestly. We are gonna have to do everything humanly possible during the beta to make sure this game doesn't fail. Gonna have to clear up my schedule.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, this may get a bunch of downvotes or whatever, but it needs to be said.

Some people may understand this, but it needs to be reiterated: Sprint as a mechanic is not inherently a bad thing. The problem for Halo is in its implementation. For one, there has been no punishment in the past for sprinting. Second, the problem was that not only did they increase kill times from H3 (which many people complained was already too long,) but they also had maps that emphasized the sprinting away issue and made it intolerable (Countdown, anyone?) 

Sprint is not going away. Too many casuals love the idea of sprinting around the map to feel like a badass. They just need to make it so that playstyle is not the best option. The fact they made shields not recharge when sprinting is nice, but the true kicker that could finally make it work is the fast kill times. The kill times shown in the gameplay we've seen so far is the fastest since H:CE. Against bad players you may be able to sprint in and out, but against someone that can kill you in a second, you suddenly get punished for running in without thinking. People jump on this sprint hate train but don't realize that not everyone hates sprint. Yes, the easiest way for Halo to be more competitive is to remove sprint, but it's not the only way. 

One thing you have to remember is that 343 is the company that added the ZBNS patch to Reach, and Halo 4 was their first Halo game (yes I understand a lot of the employees worked on previous Halo titles.) Before, they were picking off where Bungie left off, which was gameplay focused on fun rather than fairness and competitiveness. With Halo 4 they realized that Halo will die without the most passionate players, the competitive scene, and without gameplay that focuses on competition they will not play. 

Everything 343 has shown about their approach going into the future is they want to focus on competitiveness first, then add the flashy/fun factor after. They seem to really be listening to input from pros and are genuinely trying to support the game as an esport with the HCS. I understand it is hard to be trusting after H4 and the shaky release of MCC, but the thing is, we don't have any other option. What we have to do is remove this negative BS circlejerk we have going on in the community and start with constructive ideas and thoughts.  Most betas these days are used to generate hype rather than to receive actual feedback, a week to get hype and stress test servers. Putting out a 3 week long beta this far ahead of release only tells us they really want us to play the crap out of it and give as much feedback as possible. Whether they follow through is up to them, but the preemptive hate will only hurt the game in the long run.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh god it better fucking be... I feel bad for all the people that expected to have a good time 

The thing I've come to realize from the way 343 handled the reveal is that the MCC was intended to be classic Halo's obituary. If you want classic Halo there it is. The beta is irrelevant and we can cry all we want about it nothing substantial is changing. There is literally no way 343 doesn't know about what folks, particularly in here, have been saying (especially about sprint) and yet this is what they made. MCC is their answer for those who like classic Halo. And it's never, ever coming back. Halo will henceforth mirror current industry trends.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The thing I've come to realize from the way 343 handled the reveal is that the MCC was intended to be classic Halo's obituary. If you want classic Halo there it is. The beta is irrelevant and we can cry all we want about it nothing substantial is changing. There is literally no way 343 doesn't know about what folks, particularly in here, have been saying (especially about sprint) and yet this is what they made. MCC is their answer for those who like classic Halo. And it's never, ever coming back. Halo will henceforth mirror current industry trends.

Which is why it's so important that Halo 1 multiplayer get fixed, not just until it's playable, but until it's the same game as original Xbox.

The SMG seems like the new SAW with limited range. Will probably need a nerf.

Edit: I read that Breakout has lower health so I guess that's why it takes down people so fast.

honestly i dont think there has been any new weapon since Halo 2 that made a splash

the mauler from Halo 3 was used to replace the shotgun. I liked the mauler.

halo reach had the grenade launcher which I think was a great weapon. However it has been removed

halo 4 had a good amount of new weapons but most of them were unbalnced or broken. SAW, boltshot, scatershot, the prometian sniper,

Can someone explain to me why their SnD version is Slayer only? Of course that's not to say there could be an Obj version in the final game, but when you have a one life round gametype and it's Slayer only, everyone's just gonna camp and play SUPER passive. There needs to be some sort of objective to keep people moving around the map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone explain to me why their SnD version is Slayer only? Of course that's not to say there could be an Obj version in the final game, but when you have a one life round gametype and it's Slayer only, everyone's just gonna camp and play SUPER passive. There needs to be some sort of objective to keep people moving around the map.

I think the Slayer works if the map is like the one they played. There wasn't really places to camp. But I agree, would be nice to see some kind of objective. I'm thinking like the Blitz gametype in CoD. 

I think the Slayer works if the map is like the one they played. There wasn't really places to camp. But I agree, would be nice to see some kind of objective. I'm thinking like the Blitz gametype in CoD. 

People will still stay back on their side of the map and not make any pushes. There's literally nothing to incentivize people to move if it's just Slayer. They could maybe stick some powerups/weapons around the map but on a one life gametype, people might not even risk going for them.

halo 4 had a good amount of new weapons but most of them were unbalnced or broken. SAW, boltshot, scatershot, the prometian sniper,

Thought the Boltshot was nice but 343 ruined the weapon's potential by making it a damn loadout weapon which it clearly isn't because it damages like a god damn power weapon... 

Along with the Plama Pistol in BTB ruined the mode wth