CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

But how is the ADS animation ruining your experience? It works the exact same way as just scoping in.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't fix what isn't broken.

You know that argument works both ways in this case, right?

Well, in theory. But fake ADS isn't necessarily something that isn't bad for Halo. It may function the same, but a Needler that looks like an SMG would function the same as a Needler, and I still wouldn't like the change.

Let's say Halo 6 literally has a modern military shooter skin in every way possible, but the gameplay functions exactly the same. No vibrant colours. No alien looking environments. No alien looking guns. Just a generic modern military skin for the entire game. It wouldn't change the way Halo plays, but for people who don't want Halo's visual identity to be compromised, it's still a bad thing, you know?

Zoom wasn't broken in a gameplay or a visual sense. ADS isn't broken in a gameplay sense, but some consider it broken in a visual sense, and therefore the "if it aint broke don't fix it" saying doesn't apply in reverse for fake ADS. Reversing back to zoom would indeed be a fix for people who dislike Halo looking less like Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The smart-scope is a fake ADS - to adjust Halo fans for H6, when they put in ADS for real.

If Halo "evolves" a little at a time into a Modern Military FPS - it will eventually be indistinguishable. Look at all the people who say "we'll never get rid of sprint." 343 has already ingrained sprint into Halo... and it's disgusting.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

ymURZEU.jpg

Let's keep this in one thread, everything goes live on Monday at 9pm PT/Tuesday at 12am EST.

I think this DEFINITELY has some really awesome potential. The verdict on the SAs is still out. Looks like they could be really annoying. Especially thruster and ground pound. I'm thinking thruster with shotguns and swords will be really obnoxious. And ground pound seems really obnoxious since you can dynamically aim it it looks like. But the pace, movement, and shooting looks to be really great. I'm excited about this game. (Not hyped.....there's a difference).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't help but notice ADS does actually effect the accuracy of the AR, SMG and Pistol in the gameplay I have seen. ADS turns off Bloom for these weapons. Can't say I approve. The Pistol in particular shouldn't even have any bloom.

On a separate note I think I prefer the visual design approach of the AR zoom as opposed to the putting a red dot sight on the BR ADS approach. Looks more 'Haloy' to me. Fits more with the 'Spartans use an advanced targeting system that negates the need to aim down sights' theme. Still looks very visually appealing. And I think it would work more naturally alongside mechanics like toggle zoom and descope. Weapons like the Sniper can just use the old zoom.

So we had a perfectly fine scope, which they intend (in purpose) to change/fix with this new ADS style(only visual only) style of scope. If the scope we already had worked fine...why fix it with another one ? The scope we currently have is not broken so there is no need to replace it, it goes one way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The smart-scope is a fake ADS - to adjust Halo fans for H6, when they put in ADS for real.

If Halo "evolves" a little at a time into a Modern Military FPS - it will eventually be indistinguishable. Look at all the people who say "we'll never get rid of sprint." 343 has already ingrained sprint into Halo... and it's disgusting.

You don't deserve neg reps for this. You're right.

Nothing surprises me any more, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see real ADS sneaked into Halo 6. If people are still telling themselves "lol nah even 343 wouldn't go that far", then they haven't been paying attention to decisions 343 have made with Halo 4 and Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You don't deserve neg reps for this. You're right.

Nothing surprises me any more, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see real ADS sneaked into Halo 6. If people are still telling themselves "lol nah even 343 wouldn't go that far", then they haven't been paying attention to decisions 343 have made with Halo 4 and Halo 5.

Real ADS would be going in the exact opposite direction Halo 5 is going, which is towards extremely high mobility and gameplay speed at all times. It won't happen unless Quinn leaves or has a change in philosophy. It wouldn't even make it past testing, unless instant killtimes are introduced.

And no, instant killtimes will not be introduced. Nobody try fucking replying to me with that shit.

This is a video is of Jordan Belfort (the real guy from Wolf of Wall Street) explaining sales. His Porsche analogy fits perfect with halo 5- JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT! 

LINK

The part i am referring to starts at 33:54. 

We should send 343i this video and the community drafted letter of what we want after the beta!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I genuinely don't know what you mean by that, or how it relates to what I said. Also, the game is worse than Halo 4 in some ways and better in other ways. I don't have to pretend to be happy with the entire game just because it does certain things better than Halo 4.

Well then you shouldn't have a tough time understanding why someone else might dislike smart-scoping. Your original post seemed to suggest that if it functions the same, then you can't understand what else there is to possibly dislike.

Forgive my grammar, I'm a little drunk lel.

I'll go into detail later when I get home.

• Downvote (-1) 1

So when will we see the first pictures/videos of destroyable environment in the all new 16v16 BTB playlist in H5?  :kappa:

pls don´t shoot me if this really happens...

Real ADS would be going in the exact opposite direction Halo 5 is going, which is towards extremely high mobility and gameplay speed at all times. It won't happen unless Quinn leaves or has a change in philosophy. It wouldn't even make it past testing, unless instant killtimes are introduced.

And no, instant killtimes will not be introduced. Nobody try fucking replying to me with that shit.

Prior to the Halo 5 reveal, people would have laughed at you if you told them half of the stuff we see now would have been in the game.

They wouldn't really put in Sprint back in the game right?

They wouldnt really give you half a dozen armor abilities when they said there were going to be none right?

And so on...

A this point, nothing 343 adds is going to surprise me.

Prone and nuke might only be a halo game or two away after Halo 5.

Heck who knows some of the crazy shit they are going to put in might even work. I dont like what I've seen so far, but maybe the beta will change my mind.

"Traditional halo" however, is absolutely dead at this point. Pounded into the ground.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would starting a http://www.change.org/petition about getting Sprint removed possibly be a good idea? We can literally pass that link around twitter, etc. and get as many signatures as possible and show 343 that nobody wants this shit in future titles.

I feel like it's a good way to get signatures from people who don't exactly post on Halo forums.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest obstacle Halo Five has is Microsofts control pad it precludes any evolution of competitive Halo, ever since Halo reach..every new skill that evolved, involved the regression of another,(think jump and jet pack) what I am saying is the pad needs more "on fly" buttons. Halo needs a purpose built fps pad something like the scuff, or halo will continue to be ignored by its own competitive community, "bumper jumper" is hard to let go of, every way you cut it you take nuance away from a skill that people have invested in, 343 could add as much functionality as they want but as with Reach and Halo 4 its not going to to work without a new pad, pros will again refuse to accept the regression of jump to an "off stick" button but they would accept more "on fly" buttons. Without a "Pro pad" Halo 5 will not be popular with the competitive,I have seen the pad set-up for the halo 5 Beta and its just a different flavour of slap in the face for the competitive community, if 343 want the Spartans to do more Microsoft should build the pads, add more buttons to the pad ! How many more iterations do 343 need to work this out. The answer is, none they have thought of it but they are just going to ignore it and continue to try to evolve Halo on a pad that is Maxed out. When I think of all that money microsoft wasted on Kinnect and how cheap it be to build a pro pad", man

I actually agree with this completely, just makes sense
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Prior to the Halo 5 reveal, people would have laughed at you if you told them half of the stuff we see now would have been in the game.

They wouldn't really put in Sprint back in the game right?

They wouldnt really give you half a dozen armor abilities when they said there were going to be none right?

And so on...

A this point, nothing 343 adds is going to surprise me.

Prone and nuke might only be a halo game or two away after Halo 5.

Heck who knows some of the crazy shit they are going to put in might even work. I dont like what I've seen so far, but maybe the beta will change my mind.

"Traditional halo" however, is absolutely dead at this point. Pounded into the ground.

I, and many others, called pretty much everything they put into the game. It was obvious they would have sprint in the game in some form, but that it would be altered. It was clear from our responses that most demographics like TP, so they kept it in. It was obvious that they would try to undo the randomness of H4 that everyone hated. These things were pretty well-evidenced. Although I personally didn't predict ground pound or clamber, things like that are part of the zeitgeist of right now and should have been expected.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't agree that we can definitely expect real ADS not to be in future Halo games just because it goes against their design philosophy for other mechanics.

By the same logic, I could say that there's no way they'd introduce clamber, which reduces the skill-gap, into the same game where they've deliberately given us a high shooting skill-gap. But they have in fact introduced the clamber feature.

So even though it may seem real ADS would be going against what their intentions were with other features, I don't see that as a reason to say it definitely wouldn't make its way into the future of Halo.

Real ADS would be consistent with the "modernization" that they've continually demonstrated a love for in Halo.

Forgive my grammar, I'm a little drunk lel.

I'll go into detail later when I get home.

That's fine lol. I just didn't know what you were trying to say. I'll keep an eye out for your post later ;)

Would starting a http://www.change.org/petition about getting Sprint removed possibly be a good idea? We can literally pass that link around twitter, etc. and get as many signatures as possible and show 343 that nobody wants this shit in future titles.

I feel like it's a good way to get signatures from people who don't exactly post on Halo forums.

I'm pretty sure we literally did that, but it didn't work

new gp

New gametypes like Breakout are the kinds of innovations that actually get me excited for Halo 5. I hope they add the options for objectives in Breakout.

They aren't going to remove sprint. They won't want to change the size and scale of maps for a game that doesn't have sprint after spending time and resources making maps and creating gameplay that take sprint into account.

So when will we see the first pictures/videos of destroyable environment in the all new 16v16 BTB playlist in H5?  :kappa:

pls don´t shoot me if this really happens...

Actually, it's going to be 12v12 BTB... with AIs.

new gp

"There's actually a medal for a perfect kill" Of course there is. 

Honestly, the game looks fun and fast paced.  At the beginning you see his shots aren't perfect and the other player has the chance to thrust, turn and kill him which is a bit exciting.  Still not a huge fan of the clamber, though it looks very smooth.  I just feel part of what made halo great was the ability to take different jumps to get to a different elevation.  But as you can see in the 20 second mark he wants to get onto a platform and just runs to it, without having to hit an initial point first.  Being out of position isn't as punishing with this.  But I'll wait till I try it myself to make a decision.