CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Need my HTT fix already. *impatient grumbling*

Ilsa Zane turned my pants a shade of OH MY GOD THAT SMELL...

EPISODE IS UP. EPISODE IS UP. EPISODE IS UP!!!

There're a few speedrunning communities that'd like to talk with y-, oh, wait.

the speedrunning community makes the competitive community in Halo look like the NFL.

First off, Im not lowering the standard of what should be in a Halo game AT ALL. It is completely unacceptable for long standing features, correction...features that used to be the most innovatived and pinnacle of modern games TO NOT BE IN NEW HALO GAME. 343i has had enough time to put these features in the damn game.Halo 4 had shit theater and non existent fileshare at launch, sooooo you'd think 343i get their shit together by Halo 5. Like for shit sakes do we need James Cameron to raise the fucking bar since its so low now? People are ok with accepting less?

Other games are now creating better versions of Halo's theater, forge, spectator mode, fileshare... Meanwhile Halo is sitting in a corner with its thumb up its ass saying its features from 2007 are still relevant. To make matters worsr those features have been getting worse with each halo game.

If any of these features are not implemented in Halo 5 in a exemplary way then I vote incompetence in regards to 343i handling of Halo 5s development.

you say that and yet CE and 2 didn't even have any of those things and both did well, not pretending its the same market now, but still those features just add longevity to a game. When people look back at Halo 4 for example most think about how bad the game played and the playlist selection and so on, most wouldn't put theater or file sharing as the reason they liked or disliked a game.

A better example is when they decided to remove elites or dual-wielding from Halo, sure people complain like crazy over it, but in reality did it really effect the quality or success of the games? probably not much if at all.

props for using South Park reference though :)

I think people saying that H5 has more hype than H3 is an exaggeration, but there's DEFINITELY more hype for H5 than H4

Halo 4 had far more hype around it than H5 does now, I remember polls showing that H4 was the most anticipated game of that year, even ahead of COD, so I disagree with you on that one.

quality does not equal hype just to be clear.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Mshak

"I fell off the leaderboards on Unggoy farmer"

-Mshok Moradi

Fucking lost it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well maybe if you guys supported my Patreon campaign, Beyond will be higher up.

If you guys get my gofundme up to $360, I'll get one of those corrupt r/Halo mods to put the Beyond flair first on the list.

Lol. And that makes them competitive? I'm pretty sure almost every gun in Halo ever can kill in less than 2 seconds.

I'm pretty sure the sentinel beam kills in less than 2.

I think the CE plasma pistol kills in under 2.

Let's not get too fucking ridiculous now...

Ok I went and tested it. CE PP kills in 2.23s - I was wrong, but not by much. That's with a booger and then spamming after cool down. It's a full 3s if you pace shots. It could kill in under 2 if it never overheated.

But I tested the sentinel beam as well -1.2s!

Hey @soulflame does that mean it's as competitive as the H5 pistol?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok I went and tested it. CE PP kills in 2.23s - I was wrong, but not by much. That's with a booger and then spamming after cool down. It's a full 3s if you pace shots. It could kill in under 2 if it never overheated.

But I tested the sentinel beam as well -1.2s!

Hey @soulflame does that mean it's as competitive as the H5 pistol?

Soul Flame is not the best at debating things...

Was gonna say because you can't kill without overheating your gun unless you pace. Pretty shitty in Multiplayer but it's a god gun in Campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sort of OT, but anyone have any advice on securing the bare essentials when it comes to an xbox one?

I need to buy one before Halo 5 comes out but I'm running on a really tight budget since me and the gf are traveling to Colorado near the holidays for a well-deserved vacation.

I've been looking at ebay, amazon, microsoft, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm kind of upset I missed out on that xbox360 trade in program back in June....

Sort of OT, but anyone have any advice on securing the bare essentials when it comes to an xbox one?

I need to buy one before Halo 5 comes out but I'm running on a really tight budget since me and the gf are traveling to Colorado near the holidays for a well-deserved vacation.

I've been looking at ebay, amazon, microsoft, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm kind of upset I missed out on that xbox360 trade in program back in June....

If you have the patience, grab an xb1 on Black Friday. If you're talking real bare essentials just grab a copy of the game and the system. You get an hdmi and a bad but cheap headset.

I always use QVC to keep money in my pocket over time. They inflate the price a bit with their own bundles, but 5 payments of $110 is better imo than dropping 350 bucks at once. But That's just me. it comes with extras in the bundle so yeah. I pay more but less at once. http://www.qvc.com/Xbox-One-500GB-Gears-of-War-Bundle-with-Destiny.product.E284979.html?sc=E284979-Tailored&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-E284979&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/e/79/e284979.001?$uslarge$

I always use QVC to keep money in my pocket over time. They inflate the price a bit with their own bundles, but 5 payments of $110 is better imo than dropping 350 bucks at once. But That's just me. it comes with extras in the bundle so yeah. I pay more but less at once. http://www.qvc.com/Xbox-One-500GB-Gears-of-War-Bundle-with-Destiny.product.E284979.html?sc=E284979-Tailored&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-E284979&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/e/79/e284979.001?$uslarge$

You'd rather pay an extra $200 to not have to pay all at once? 

There are tons of bundles, if you have a 500gb 360 you can get $175 off of an xbox one. Buy a $349 bundle, buy halo 5, you can get all of it for around $430 including tax im guessing.