CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

so is getting high control, and then giving away that control for something (GroundPound) that a grenade could do, even do more damage, Im watching the bomb planted stream.

Oh shit are people goin off on H5? I gotta watch a rebroadcast.

Oh shit are people goin off on H5? I gotta watch a rebroadcast.

GoldenBoy is the only one of the 4 that has played the game, tries to explain it, and no one listens what he says

• Upvote (+1) 3

GoldenBoy is the only one of the 4 that has played the game, tries to explain it, and no one listens what he says

This. Alex's points were all perfect, in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 isn't going to take it seriously if the no. 1 spot is 'Remove Sprint'. Man you guys have to realize that sprint will never go away. It's not going away. Whether we like it or not the best thing we can do as a community is try to nerf it down as much as possible without removing it. Was that document made after the H5 beta reveal? Because it definitely needs updating. But I do think that's a great idea; have ONE very professional, articulate, specific article about what our community wants changed for next year. If it's presented in that way I think it'll make it so much easier for 343 to look at rather than spamming up their twitter.

If MCC population is 10x h5 population it probably will.

But I doubt that h5 will bomb that bad.

You are assuming he could have jumped it without climbing. The video suggest that the ledge was too high to jump so that he had to climb it. Any map I forge in h5 will probably avoid the need to climb so that yo don't have to lose aim ability.

By "avoiding the need the climb," do you mean making height variations high enough that climbing won't be possible anyway or low enough that crouch jumping is fully warranted, or simply both?

I just don't know what to think. Assuming all of these abilities can't be turned off, there is yet ANOTHER limit to map design. Not exactly a major one, but annoying nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't know how you can watch this and say the game is awful. It looks like a good game. Just needs a little fixin

I think it looks really fun. Hopefully with all the time they still have, they can make it even better,

The problem is from an observers perspective it really looks like 343 didn't learn from Halo 4 that people don't like all this gimmicky nonsense on top of the game, particularly sprint.  The beta is when we will see what people really think, and if the things people who have played are saying at the moment is justified.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys, check this out!

UPDATE: We received word from Josh Holmes that there is no limit to how many people can spectate a game at any one time and you are able to enter fly-cam mode when spectating a game.  They do have in mind how this could introduce elements of cheating, regarding spectator mode, but there’s possibly an inherent delay that could offset that in the time of the beta.

Both Josh Holmes Josh Menke retweeted Podcatular's tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just dont understand why they have to act like they need to be on the cutting edge of innovation especially when theyre just taking elements of other games. 

Halo has always been special in its own way. They could seriously just have the upgraded engine at 60 fps, add the smart scope because its visual, some new weapons, new good maps, social playlists along with that tier ranking system and campaign.

People would definitely buy it. 

Like if they have to add a gimmick im for thruster with the penalty that sprint has instead of sprint.

Halo needs to stop flying so close to the sun, simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, the announcer in Halo 4 and this game is incredibly annoying. One thing I didn't know until a friend told me today is that it is actually the same guy from 1, 2, and 3. No idea why 343 wanted him to change.

What's exactly wrong with him? Too many medals he calls out? Or his voice? It sound more robot-y to me, but it's fine.

Spec mode is useless if the game sucks/nobody plays it.

(btw, has 343 ever heard of Counter Strike ? Did Valve add sprint, ads scope-like ? Is the game a failure ? (right now, not at its launch). Stop talking about modernization and stuff, it isn't, it is just bullshit.)

I agree that some of the stuff they put in has nothing to do with halo and is bullshit.

That said... do you really think that no one is going to play this game. The game looks fun and beautiful and the way its looking now it will have skill-gap at multiple points (shooting, movement enz).

The fact that we have a spectator mode, ranks, de-scope, regular way of power weapons, not much aim assist and a developer that is going to put money into the competitive side of the game will be enough to have players that are willing to play the game competitive and casual...

talking off counterstrike... those devs are not that high on a pedestal. lots of players are complaining about them dumming down the game (ads on some guns, cz, and other stupid game side things) although the last update seems a little into the right direction again.

I am 100% in favor in having the classic halo game without sprint back but I am also 100% certain we will never see that one again. Not until game devs go back and stop follow dumb hype trains and standards. I am finally going to except that this is what we are going to get and I am going to love every single bit out off it (If they can make matchmaking work...) 

I cant wait to run little tournaments myself when game is out :)

I agree that some of the stuff they put in has nothing to do with halo and is bullshit.

That said... do you really think that no one is going to play this game. The game looks fun and beautiful and the way its looking now it will have skill-gap at multiple points (shooting, movement enz).

The fact that we have a spectator mode, ranks, de-scope, regular way of power weapons, not much aim assist and a developer that is going to put money into the competitive side of the game will be enough to have players that are willing to play the game competitive and casual...

talking off counterstrike... those devs are not that high on a pedestal. lots of players are complaining about them dumming down the game (ads on some guns, cz, and other stupid game side things) although the last update seems a little into the right direction again.

I am 100% in favor in having the classic halo game without sprint back but I am also 100% certain we will never see that one again. Not until game devs go back and stop follow dumb hype trains and standards. I am finally going to except that this is what we are going to get and I am going to love every single bit out off it (If they can make matchmaking work...) 

I cant wait to run little tournaments myself when game is out :)

People will play it for a month or two and then leave it alone just like Halo 4, Halo 5 will be nothing more. I don't give a shit about there being spectator mode in a game that blows. 343 will never take away the CoD community yet they are going to try to again idioticly.

If 343 was smart at all they would would make Halo 5 a classic Halo experience with badass graphics, skins for your spartans or weapons just like CS(where you can either buy cases or have them rewarded after matches), clans with clan matches, a great ranking system, and an integrated spectator mode that you could launch from the the games UI. People would play the shit out of a game like that and it would actually hold an audience.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People will play it for a month or two and then leave it alone just like Halo 4, Halo 5 will be nothing more. I don't give a shit about they're being spectator mode in a game that blows. 343 will never take away the CoD community yet they are going to try to again idioticly.

If 343 was smart at all they would would make Halo 5 a classic Halo experience with badass graphics, skins for your spartans or weapons just like CS(where you can either buy cases or have them rewarded after matches), clans with clan matches, a great ranking system, and an integrated spectator mode that you could launch from the the games UI. People would play the shit out of a game like that and it would actually hold an audience.

This. And tighten up the shooting, smaller hitboxes, less autoaim, accurate utility with fast killtime... Imagine that future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This. And tighten up the shooting, smaller hitboxes, less autoaim, accurate utility with fast killtime... Imagine that future.

Oh my gosh, even the thought of something like that actually coming from 343 makes me giddy like a kid on christmas....And then I come back to reality where Halo 5 has sprint, thruster, ground pound, charge, sliding, wall climbing, etc.. and I'm sad again

• Upvote (+1) 2

People will play it for a month or two and then leave it alone just like Halo 4, Halo 5 will be nothing more. I don't give a shit about they're being spectator mode in a game that blows. 343 will never take away the CoD community yet they are going to try to again idioticly.

You know if you are right there should come a massive shake up at 343 that will lead to h6 being basic classic. But idk.

If h5 repeats h4, I think the most we can do as a community is stick with MCC and politely yet forcefully say, we told you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know if you are right there should come a massive shake up at 343 that will lead to h6 being basic classic. But idk.

If h5 repeats h4, I think the most we can do as a community is stick with MCC and politely yet forcefully say, we told you.

At this point, I don't think the population numbers mean shit to them. As long as they get good sales numbers they don't seem to care because it's painfully obvious which of the two types of halos can hold a good population. Halo 5 honestly looks like a beefed up version of Halo 4 with some moderate variations. The only one affecting gameplay in a positive way is the smaller amount of aim assist. Each day that passes I feel that my frustration should slowly be diminishing, yet my astonishment at their ignorance just grows.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Spec mode is useless if the game sucks/nobody plays it.

(btw, has 343 ever heard of Counter Strike ? Did Valve add sprint, ads scope-like ? Is the game a failure ? (right now, not at its launch). Stop talking about modernization and stuff, it isn't, it is just bullshit.)

At the same time you are talking about the modern console fan-base...there is literally TONS of 12 year old kids who know nothing but "Hold left stick to sprint, B to crouch/prone, and hold LT to aim". THAT IS IT MAN. Put them on an oldschool FPS with different controls and they will be LOST. I do think the core Halo fan-base is alot like the CS fan-base in that many of the players have put countless hours into the series and enjoy the simplicity of a competitive FPS with good map design, but unfortunately 343 does have to take into account the new-age MMS fan-base who like I said have likely NEVER played an Arena FPS in their lives and think "leveling up" is a core aspect of MP FPS.  :rolleyes:

Its a very hard balancing act for sure, but the worst thing 343 can do is force core changes onto everyone. If "Smart-scope" is aesthetic for example(not likely), then why cant I choose to aim the way I have been doing for 10+years in Halo? I still think sprint needs to be made more friendly for the offensive player as well so players are not punished for pursuing the weak defensive player. The offensive player should not be inherently at a disadvantage in pursing the weaker defensive player because the defensive player opted out of the battle quicker(and thus was able to sprint away first) because he was losing. it would be interesting to see how being able to shoot while sprinting would play out. It might be stupid, but there has to be more we can do to make sprint okay in competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's exactly wrong with him? Too many medals he calls out? Or his voice? It sound more robot-y to me, but it's fine.

Too many medals for one, calling out weapons drops for two,  and out of every video I've seen of halo 5, he's literally talking 60-70% of the game. Shit's annoying as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 5

At the same time you are talking about the modern console fan-base...there is literally TONS of 12 year old kids who know nothing but "Hold left stick to sprint, B to crouch/prone, and hold LT to aim". THAT IS IT MAN. Put them on an oldschool FPS with different controls and they will be LOST. I do think the core Halo fan-base is alot like the CS fan-base in that many of the players have put countless hours into the series and enjoy the simplicity of a competitive FPS with good map design, but unfortunately 343 does have to take into account the new-age MMS fan-base who like I said have likely NEVER played an Arena FPS in their lives and think "leveling up" is a core aspect of MP FPS.  :rolleyes:

Its a very hard balancing act for sure, but the worst thing 343 can do is force core changes onto everyone. If "Smart-scope" is aesthetic for example(not likely), then why cant I choose to aim the way I have been doing for 10+years in Halo? I still think sprint needs to be made for friendly for the offensive player as well so players are not punished for pursing the weak defensive player, it would be interesting to see how being able to shoot while sprinting would play out. It might be stupid, but there has to be more we can do to make sprint okay in competitive play.

When did people having to learn how to play become a bad thing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My sentiments exactly. An effective ranking system would help people slowly learn how to play the game and help them not get crushed their first games. I mean, weren't we all terrible at Halo when we first started? We learned, kids nowadays are perfectly capable of it too. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since casuals became the majority of the sales in AAA console games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still think sprint needs to be made more friendly for the offensive player as well so players are not punished for pursuing the weak defensive player. The offensive player should not be inherently at a disadvantage in pursing the weaker defensive player because the defensive player opted out of the battle quicker(and thus was able to sprint away first) because he was losing. it would be interesting to see how being able to shoot while sprinting would play out. It might be stupid, but there has to be more we can do to make sprint okay in competitive play.

The higher your shields are the faster you sprint. Boom.

(This idea had about 5 seconds of thought)

• Upvote (+1) 6

The higher your shields are the faster you sprint. Boom.

(This idea had about 5 seconds of thought)

Ya know, this might be the best sprint idea I've seen...

• Upvote (+1) 1