CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, seeing as how sprint is almost useless, "ADS" being aesthetic, and shooting being harder seems like it might be a pretty decent game.

I have my fingers crossed for Halo 5 being better than Halo 4 in terms of gameplay. The removal of descope, ordnances, instant respawn, promethean vision, boltshot, are a huge boost for Halo. However, I wouldn't count on sprint being useless (or even near it). I am also personally annoyed with the thruster pack combined with the climbing feature. Map design is de-emphasized when players can cut across the map so easily (and note: this is something every player can do, at almost all times).

It's not like these maps are that promising anyway. Certain Affinity has no clue what they are doing.

A couple of the single shot weapons looked really nice while I was watching. ADS apparently eyecandy for the CoD community.

Well think about it. It's not that they're not catering to us Halo fans. Their mindset going into this is making the game competitive. ......

The spartan chatter is definitely good to bring new players into Halo. As long as it can be toggled, that would be great. I have a feeling that will get super annoying.

I seriously cannot believe the announcer in this game. It's self-parody at this point. The announcer used to be one of the coolest things about Halo, pulling off a sick multikill and getting to hear that voice. Now we have... this.

He even sounds...flamboyant.

He even sounds...flamboyant.

He's Optimus Steitzer, after having been exposed to the cliche Didact scenes.

The Didact had a more interesting character before the events of Halo 4, not that much in-game.

He's Optimus Steitzer, after having been exposed to the cliche Didact scenes.

The Didact had a more interesting character before the events of Halo 4, not that much in-game.

The lore is strong with this one....

NOPE.

I have been playing Halo since Halo 2 and it has never been the same. I have bought every single Halo game fooling myself into thinking that the next one will be the one. When in reality each game has just become worse.

I'll be working on getting a PC and keeping my Xbox One for TMCC.

#TMCC4LIFE

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe for the CoD players. From the sounds and looks of it; good players should almost never sprint. I mean the base movement speed is good enough.

If the base movement speed were good enough then sprint wouldn't be necessary

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't wait to try the BETA. Kill times are quick, power weapons on map and with static timers, and skillful guns with (looks like) low aim magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and AW sure reeks of Titanfall

and Titanfall reeks of Reach and H4

AW doesn't look like Titanfall when watching it. Titanfall looks nothing like Reach or Halo 4 when watching it. The very first thing my mind thinks of when I see that Halo 5 gameplay as it is right now is Cod.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously cannot believe the announcer in this game. It's self-parody at this point. The announcer used to be one of the coolest things about Halo, pulling off a sick multikill and getting to hear that voice. Now we have... this.

Yea, the announcer in Halo 4 and this game is incredibly annoying. One thing I didn't know until a friend told me today is that it is actually the same guy from 1, 2, and 3. No idea why 343 wanted him to change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have my fingers crossed for Halo 5 being better than Halo 4 in terms of gameplay. The removal of descope, ordnances, instant respawn, promethean vision, boltshot, are a huge boost for Halo. However, I wouldn't count on sprint being useless (or even near it). I am also personally annoyed with the thruster pack combined with the climbing feature. Map design is de-emphasized when players can cut across the map so easily (and note: this is something every player can do, at almost all times).

It's not like these maps are that promising anyway. Certain Affinity has no clue what they are doing.

A couple of the single shot weapons looked really nice while I was watching. ADS apparently eyecandy for the CoD community.

The spartan chatter is definitely good to bring new players into Halo. As long as it can be toggled, that would be great. I have a feeling that will get super annoying.

Didn't they say at one point in the IGN video that you could see through walls? So promethean vision is still kind of in?

Didn't they say at one point in the IGN video that you could see through walls? So promethean vision is still kind of in?

It's through spectator view

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure is not, what ign video?

Is it just me or does that gameplay look amazing

It does, ya? I feel like I am eating my words.

I like the chatter but they need to make it more announcing and less frilly with the mic switch. They also need to toggle it.

@1.22 he fucks up his jump thing and clamber-leaps up the wall to safety.

I mean, I didn't even think 343 could completely ruin skill jumping. It was kind of ruined by the crappy jump height in Reach, but this is just ridiculous. It's like they are purposefully trying to make it so you don't have to learn anything to play. What's the point?

You are assuming he could have jumped it without climbing. The video suggest that the ledge was too high to jump so that he had to climb it. Any map I forge in h5 will probably avoid the need to climb so that yo don't have to lose aim ability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does, ya? I feel like I am eating my words.

I like the chatter but they need to make it more announcing and less frilly with the mic switch. They also need to toggle it.

Agreed.

There is one thing in specific that bothers me, and that is the weapon announcements.

If two weapons are going to spawn at the same time (Empire's two Snipers), the announcements need to be trimmed down MASSIVELY.

In the game's current state, you'd get the following dialogue.

Sniper 1 (30s): "Sniper in 30/Power Weapons in 30 Seconds"

Sniper 2 (30s): "Sniper in 30/Power Weapons in 30 seconds"

Sniper 1 (10s): "Sniper in 10/Power Weapons in 10 Seconds"

Sniper 2 (10s): "Sniper in 10/Power Weapons in 10 Seconds"

Sniper 1 (Spawn): "Sniper/Power Weapon is up!"

Sniper 2 (Spawn): "Sniper/Power Weapon is up!"

Then you add in the fact that if your teamates pick up the weapons

Sniper 1 (Pickup): "We've got the Sniper Rifle"

Sniper 2 (Pickup): "We've got the Sniper Rifle"

This could be trimmed down greatly. If the map has different times for different weapons (2 min for OS, 3 Min for Sniper, for example) then that Dialogue is okay. If two weapons are spawning at the same time, the dialogues should be unified:

"Weapons Spawning in 30"

"Weapons Spawning in 10"

"Weapons are up!" 

It's that simple. The team pickup announcement shouldn't exist, it really doesn't add much to the gameplay. They can leave the text in the bottom right that lets you know if your team has it, but adding two extra announcements is sort of pointless in my opinion.

Still looking forward to this system though :D

P.S. @@Deez because #feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 5

343 isn't going to take it seriously if the no. 1 spot is 'Remove Sprint'. Man you guys have to realize that sprint will never go away. It's not going away. Whether we like it or not the best thing we can do as a community is try to nerf it down as much as possible without removing it. Was that document made after the H5 beta reveal? Because it definitely needs updating. But I do think that's a great idea; have ONE very professional, articulate, specific article about what our community wants changed for next year. If it's presented in that way I think it'll make it so much easier for 343 to look at rather than spamming up their twitter.

Apparently CursedLemon seems to think the 343 devs love been insulted and harassed, ether from the competitive or casual fan base

• Downvote (-1) 2

CursedLemon wants to remove melee, no one should spawn with a 1 hit kill, right.

Um what? Since when is melee a 1 hit kill. Getting behind someone and assassinating them is different. Why are you speaking for CursedLemon also, just curious.

Um what? Since when is melee a 1 hit kill. Getting behind someone and assassinating them is different.

so is getting high control, and then giving away that control for something (GroundPound) that a grenade could do, even do more damage, Im watching the bomb planted stream.