CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Okay, so I just witnessed the Halo 5 beta Multiplayer reveal today since i was away...and I must say that the video truly rendered me speechless. Even now, my brain can't compute what i just witnessed. This is mainly from the sprint(WHY!) and thruster pack+slide+Hulk smash combination, mind you.

That video disturbed me so much i had to make an account to get some answers.

So can someone, please, for god's sake, give me a  rundown of what I just watched? 

I don't feel like reading 100+ pages right now. I simple link will do.

I swear, seeing sprint is enough to make my blood boil. Have they not learned?

there's everithing you need to know

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-impressions/

http://teambeyond.net/everything-learned-halo-5-guardians-beta/

And the impressions of the people that played it

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-pro-impressions/

And details of the raking system

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-ranks-breakdown/

• Upvote (+1) 2

It just looks chaotic as heck - position, team play, set-ups, strategy etc. look endangered to me.  Super fast, flashy, gimmicky gameplay - "faster gameplay" has displaced paced, structured, strategic gameplay.  It almost looks like it was custom made for Formal to dominate in - the cross over Halo/Cod player will wreck in this. 

I would be a lot more excited for this beta if they would just fucking remove sprint. I am quite excited about thruster pack and stabilizers and even clamber could be interesting but why year after year after year the Halo devs think sprint is going to work is beyond me. 

The game is either going to be very fast and fun or its going to be a complete clusterfuck and total garbage. I feel like there isn't going to be an in between here. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be a lot more excited for this beta if they would just fucking remove sprint. I am quite excited about thruster pack and stabilizers and even clamber could be interesting but why year after year after year the Halo devs think sprint is going to work is beyond me. 

The game is either going to be very fast and fun or its going to be a complete clusterfuck and total garbage. I feel like there isn't going to be an in between here. 

Yea i'm not understanding the sprint thing either.

For some reason Quinn and the rest of the development team are hard up for sprint.

Having faster movement speed is what makes Halo, Halo. 

I'm all good for evolving the game and 343i trying to put their own spin on things but leave the legacy stuff alone (i.e. descope, no sprint, jump height, etc.)

New gameplay from Ready Up live

The hitmarker sound is really annoying, there's visual markers, why add a beeping sound?

I've always loved running subs in CoD but I always disliked introducing subs (that drop fast like CoD) into Halo.  It's so weird and I feel like a complete hypocrite.

I've always loved running subs in CoD but I always disliked introducing subs (that drop fast like CoD) into Halo.  It's so weird and I feel like a complete hypocrite.

When he's using the SMG just sprinting around everywhere ADS It literally looks like CoD with shields.

343 better have toggle options for classic scopes, turning off in-game chatter(nothing more competitive than the game wall-hacking for the other team telling them enemy positions/what gun they just picked up), and fix that sniper rifle because it looks slow as hell compared to the fast-paced of the game. I would actually like to see something closer to the H2 sniper with H3 sniper magnetism, the sniper should be the most powerful weapon on the map in the hands of a skilled player.

• Upvote (+1) 6

When he's using the SMG just sprinting around everywhere ADS It literally looks like CoD with shields.

343 better have toggle options for classic scopes, turning off in-game chatter(nothing more competitive than the game wall-hacking for the other team telling them enemy positions/what gun they just picked up), and fix that sniper rifle because it looks slow as hell compared to the fast-paced of the game. I would actually like to see something closer to the H2 sniper with H3 sniper magnetism, the sniper should be the most powerful weapon on the map in the hands of a skilled player.

Yeah I think they are trying to introduce subs that relate to subs in CoD.  That is why it looks like the AR is heavily buffed (mid range) and the SMG is what it is.  Which may be why we saw that Pro game start with ARs, to try and get people comfortable with the idea of them in "competitive" Halo.

Is it just me or does that gameplay look amazing

Don't jinx it bro.

I'd prefer the option to turn chatter on / off for individual players, just like mute;

No Mic - auto on

Active mic - auto off

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright, I've calmed down a bit.

Here are my thoughts: 

Smart Scope Sights- What's the point of this? Not sure why they have this but let us vets have the option to switch to the classic scope. It is aesthetic change after all so there should be no problem.

Sprinting and Spartan Slide- LOL i want this gone by release. Why can't they just increase the base movement speed in addition to responsive strafing mechanics?  I just watched that awful video again and I instantly noticed the spartan swinging his gun around while sprinting. That's a HUGE flaw right there! Players must ALWAYS have their guns up ready to engage in a fight at a moments notice. How do they not notice such a basic thing?! Smh..

​The damage has already been done(the maps). I am just hoping that they remove sprint from ranked or remove it entirely. Going with the latter.

As for slide, I have no problem with it. 

Ground Pound- Why? Whatever, just give us the option to toggle it off.

Spartan Charge (Tackle) - I see no problem here but it will need some tweaks here and there.

Thruster Pack - It's nice to see they brought it back. Just remove sprint and keep this in.

Clamber (Wall Vaulting) - What? Does this mean no more crouch jumping? no more trick jumps? what is this casual friendly shit? If they still have crouch jumping then i am okay with this. Just make it so it's slower to climb obstacles and that you cant' shoot while performing it, that will add some skill gap.

Stabilizers (Hover) - I have no clue what to think of this. Just make it an option as well. 

This game is a mess but it can be fixed. I will definitely play the beta to give my feedback(that is if they will even listen to us).

PS: What the hell is with the Spartans calling shit out? And the announcer? lmao

These people have COD in mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Smart scopes/ADS on the automatic weapons looks really devastating and with less amount of auto-aim in the game the AR would be probably be the weapon of choice in the game though I'm not sure.

New gameplay from Ready Up live

The hitmarker sound is really annoying, there's visual markers, why add a beeping sound?

This guy kinda lost some cred talking about how every new medal was awesome (jeez if you thought the spam was bad before it'd be hard NOT to get medals in that game) He pretty much just gushed over everything like it was amazing I wanna hear some actual criticism from some pros and reviewers.

Spartans talk to each other? Spartans high five after winning? Come on take the game seriously at least.

Edit: comments section he says knowing the maps and spawns aren't skill. "Memorization isn't a skill it should be about twitch skills"

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Sprint is finally balanced guys!"

Ha yeah, being able to run a mile is great for halo. It's great to sprint laps around the thoughtless, close-quarted maps, being able to sprint jump across a gap and ledge-grabbing like fucking batman, it's great to be able to finally perform a charge attack, and at least shields don't charge while you're sprinting! As if the point of sprinting away wasn't to break line of sight so you actually can recover.

Sprint just doesn't fucking work. I really hope MCC can be salvaged, as Halo's fate is confirmed with Halo 5. I prefer the future to lie in the past in context of Halo, and not worry about the impending nonsense that is Halo 5 and Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartans talk to each other? Spartans high five after winning? Come on take the game seriously at least.

Keep in my that these are Spartan IV's the worst kind of Spartans... I you know lore you'll know what I mean

Spartan chatter is fine if it's there to help the nubs

Keep in my that these are Spartan IV's the worst kind of Spartans... I you know lore you'll know what I mean

Spartan chatter is fine if it's there to help the nubs

Noobs have not needed extra help before and they DO NOT need extra help now.

Remember this?

h2MTcl9.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Something they forgot to mention. Will elites (Dinos) be back? and if they are.......Can you guys imagine elites sprinting? lmfaooo. 343 would probably not even add them just because sprint is in the game :angry:  :angry: smh smh smh. #Gotohellsprint 

I feel like a way that Halo could have evolved would have been to add different species like elites, forerunner soldiers and maybe even other species. That would be a cool way to implement the story into the multiplayer. Like maybe even if there was a little difference in the way the others species looked (in terms of armor) compared to spartans, that everything would be on an even playing field. Example: all the weapon types that the unsc have, those other species would too. And the other species weapons would litterally function the same and the difference would just be how the weapon looks. It would just be a weapon with just a skin of that species world or something. Example if the elite player drop an elite version br and the spartan walked over it to pick it up it would just indicate to pick up the unsc br version. And that would work across all the other weapons,power weapons, grenades, power ups and stuff. I feel like that would have been a good way to evolve the game without killing the core gameplay of Halo. No sprint, no abilities, no gimmick, just different looking soldiers from other species against each other but they do not look that different in terms of armor and stuff. Also new weapons is always good as long as they look cool and are not crazy overpowered.

I feel like Halo can evolve fine by just adding new guns and making Spartans look different and implement other species into multiplayer but making sure that everything plays the same but just looks different if you are playing as another alien.

To get a better idea of what i am talking about. The Gears of War series did that with their game.

Like im tired of seeing devs just think that evolving a game is to make the game easier and look cheesy for new players. Im not even a dev and i came up with this idea that i think would be really cool for Halo.

I said a lot, i hope someone can see the idea the way that i see it.