CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I can't see them ever subbing back in old graphics for new graphics, its not like it changes the gameplay. No matter how many people complain.

TBH I can't see a problem with it, its just different, nothing wrong with that, also its NOT ADS. Actually it might look better than the standard dark zoom screen for spectators if it's used a lot.

Nah they pretty much ruined the map even more.

How does this guy get negged for stating the truth. The map will be garbage, the game will be garbage, and I'm sure matchmaking times will be even more garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I can't see them ever subbing back in old graphics for new graphics, its not like it changes the gameplay. No matter how many people complain.

Graphics? The game's graphics wouldn't have to suffer just to put a zoom function in. And it doesn't need to change gameplay in order to be a negative addition to the game.

Let's say they completely changed the art-style to make the game look like a modern military shooter. And let's say they changed the skins of all the classic guns to where they didn't even look alien any more (imagine a Needler that looks like an SMG straight out of CoD). It would still play exactly the same, but that doesn't mean that the visual changes are not at all bad. If they take away from Halo's unique visual style, then they're bad.

TBH I can't see a problem with it, its just different, nothing wrong with that, also its NOT ADS. Actually it might look better than the standard dark zoom screen for spectators if it's used a lot.

It's not "just different" though. It's different and it's a visual change which takes away from Halo's unique personality. Also, a chunk of our view is now taken up by the gun where it otherwise wouldn't have been, so the argument that it doesn't change gameplay at all isn't necessarily true.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So being able to aim down your sights is "NO ADS"?

And please stop using "spectator appeal". It's just a buzzword that can mean anything and nothing.

Whenever shitty decision needs to be rationalized people throw in "spectator something" as if that suddenly changed anything.

Edit:

To clarify what I meant:

The most competitive playlists have routinely had the lowest populations across Halo games. Playlist numbers correlated pretty well ( atleast before Halo 4) with stream numbers. Would there have been a higher population/stream numbers if the settings would have been noobified? Probably not, and even then, it wouldnt have made much of a difference.

The real factor for spectator appeal is how good the tournament production is,  how entertaining the casters are etc.

If the game has sprint or ads or not really does not matter the slightest for "spectator" appeal.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The only reason I would like it to stay the same as in the old games is because if they have ADS even if it functions the same way all the big shooters on console will look the same and I dont get why they would wanna do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RND: Anyone else think that the new Sword's 10 or 15-spree medal should be called "Bane Train"?  :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

RND: Anyone else think that the new Sword's 10 or 15-spree medal should be called "Bane Train"?  :P

"Big Guy"

Haha that would actually be really cool. Certainly more creative than the medal ideas 343 have come up lol.

Beta spectator mode accesses match information from the dedicated servers, allows changing perspetives, free camm, fast forward and rewind, and a high number of spectators

• Upvote (+1) 6

Beta spectator mode accesses match information from the dedicated servers, allows changing perspetives, free camm, fast forward and rewind, and a high number of spectators

Best news thus far, bar none.

How about we discuss something they are doing right:

The Ranking System. GG 343 and Menke. WP. No Re.

the ranking system wont matter if the rest of the game is bad

• Upvote (+1) 4

More pro players than semi pro? I would think it should be the other way around.

oh wait. You're right. Lol. My b. I do mean the other way around.

The new H5 gameplay is pretty sick. Post game stats show shots fired and hit percentage again too. SMG looks and kills like the SAW though, which is crazy IMO. BR looks good, somewhat difficult to use, same with the sniper.

There's definitely still some things that look questionable, but we'll see when the game is actually playable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay, so I just witnessed the Halo 5 beta Multiplayer reveal today since i was away...and I must say that the video truly rendered me speechless. Even now, my brain can't compute what i just witnessed. This is mainly from the sprint(WHY!) and thruster pack+slide+Hulk smash combination, mind you.

That video disturbed me so much i had to make an account to get some answers.

So can someone, please, for god's sake, give me a  rundown of what I just watched? 

I don't feel like reading 100+ pages right now. I simple link will do.

I swear, seeing sprint is enough to make my blood boil. Have they not learned?

• Upvote (+1) 6

New gameplay from Ready Up live

The hitmarker sound is really annoying, there's visual markers, why add a beeping sound?

Gotta have those tasty HaloPC features...

New gameplay from Ready Up live

The hitmarker sound is really annoying, there's visual markers, why add a beeping sound?

Good grief there were a ton of in-game sounds/cues going on. That's going to get annoying really quick. 

That SMG was ripping people apart...

Hmm.. glad they are doing the beta a year out. I think it's going to need it.

Okay, so I just witnessed the Halo 5 beta Multiplayer reveal today since i was away...and I must say that the video truly rendered me speechless. Even now, my brain can't compute what i just witnessed. This is mainly from the sprint(WHY!) and thruster pack+slide+Hulk smash combination, mind you.

That video disturbed me so much i had to make an account to get some answers.

So can someone, please, for god's sake, give me a  rundown of what I just watched? 

I don't feel like reading 100+ pages right now. I simple link will do.

I swear, seeing sprint is enough to make my blood boil. Have they not learned?

This was my reaction at first, but after some time I just tried to approach this with an open mind, and to be honest..it has potential. It already looks much more promising than Reach and 4.

Yeah they need to drastically change Halo 5....

That's why we are having the beta a year before the game's release.

• Upvote (+1) 1