CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hate that dude Chris. He never gives credit to his sources.

There's an article written on this website

I put a lot of work into writing the Halo 5 Ranks Breakdown article last night and he ripped it a few hours later. I was the only one with the information published :'(

• Upvote (+1) 7

I put a lot of work into writing the Halo 5 Ranks Breakdown article last night and he ripped it a few hours later. I was the only one with the information published :'(

i-know-that-feel-bro-thumb.jpg

@@Infinity did you saw any hip-fire flinch on the optic match?

To be honest, I didn't really notice it that much.

According to Uny, it isn't at all as bad as Halo 4, where your weapon will continuously be brought up upon taking damage, but rather it is a small amount of Reticle shake and weapon movement. It seems to be very, very manageable on normal weapons like the BR but it will definitely become a nuisance with Sniping.

Should be removed (if it exists), in my opinion.

Also am i the only one that thinks that the mantling feature is literally going to kill the Halo jumping community?

That community has gone through some tough times, I'm wondering if this will be the final blow. I hope not. I hope they can come up with even more creative jumps via this new system. But it all depends on the execution of the feature.

To be honest, I didn't really notice it that much.

According to Uny, it isn't at all as bad as Halo 4, where your weapon will continuously be brought up upon taking damage, but rather it is a small amount of Reticle shake and weapon movement. It seems to be very, very manageable on normal weapons like the BR but it will definitely become a nuisance with Sniping.

Should be removed (if it exists), in my opinion.

Did Lethul said that the sniper was the easiest of all the weapons? not sure if him or someone else

I was also under the impression that guns now have a hitmarker ping (I can't 100% make a call on that, but it did sound like it with the AR) much like the PC version of CE does. The guns sound VERY powerful and amazing, but there's always this weird chime floating around. It's hard to say, once again, because the audio is flooded with pointless information that takes away from the core / meaningful ones.

There is definitely a beeping noise when you get hits. Check any time someone starts AR'ing, you'll hear a ton of tiny little beeps. Completely unnecessary considering Halo already has an in-built visual hitmarker - shield flare, or blood spurts when no shields.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is definitely a beeping noise when you get hits. Check any time someone starts AR'ing, you'll hear a ton of tiny little beeps. Completely unnecessary considering Halo already has an in-built visual hitmarker - shield flare, or blood spurts when no shields.

there are hitmarkers and a red x flashes on the reticle with every kill, not sure about grenade markers

no mate that's the most common reason, even if its not talked about, the reason why change was allowed in Halo 3 and why every change since has been a failure. People don't like loosing shoulder control, of jump shoot melee and nade, Reach and four both took that away, you cant blame bloom, for Halo 4's failure and you cant point to custom loadouts for reachs failure. But, what was present in both cases was a compromised jump mechanic in favour of an ability, bumper jumper is no longer as an attractive an option since Reach.

Sure, button layouts are more important than:

Shitty maps

Sprint

Bloom

Flinch (No descope)

No ranks

Loadouts

Ordnance

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

no mate that's the most common reason, even if its not talked about, the reason why change was allowed in Halo 3 and why every change since has been a failure. People don't like loosing shoulder control, of jump shoot melee and nade, Reach and four both took that away, you cant blame bloom, for Halo 4's failure and you cant point to custom loadouts for reachs failure. But, what was present in both cases was a compromised jump mechanic in favour of an ability, bumper jumper is no longer as an attractive an option since Reach.

Just read this part again. Lolwut? Bumper jumper for Halo 4 has melee and jump on bumpers, with nades and firing on triggers. 

Edit: Plus clawing allows you to use armor abilities at the same time as all of the above four things. 

Did Lethul said that the sniper was the easiest of all the weapons? not sure if him or someone else

Yup, Lethul said snipe was the easiest.

What exactly do you mean about a Pro Pad? Like mapable buttons and extra clickers/buttons on the back to lessen the right stick to face buttons movement? Are those scuf controllers banned in live tournament play?

Regression for all to A for jump would be glorious, all those bumper tears would be delicious.

We should just have custom controller settings by now.

pro pad, i mean more buttons that are accessible without taking your thumbs of the control sticks, it would allow 343 to add new features without pissing of the competitive crowd, (of whom I am not one) . they never talk about the pad, they blowhard about linear movement random bloom and anything else. anything but the plain fact that without more "on fly" buttons any move to add to halo inevitably involves breaking part of it . this whole Reach Halo 4 backlash cycle is about to repeat itself and the inevitably of it gives me a headache.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sure, button layouts are more important than:

Shitty maps

Sprint

Bloom

Flinch (No descope)

No ranks

Loadouts

Ordnance

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

yes of course the pad is more important than any ONE of those thing, stop trying to prove how smart you are and think about it man.
the pad is a constant it effects everything you do. Even if the game has sprint or loadouts or nothing this underlying problem is a constant

and bloom and sprint never did bother me, or descope or flinch i honestly think thats all way over blown
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just read this part again. Lolwut? Bumper jumper for Halo 4 has melee and jump on bumpers, with nades and firing on triggers. 

Edit: Plus clawing allows you to use armor abilities at the same time as all of the above four things. 

you need to stop and think about what i am saying and stop being a mary mary, yes bumper jumper did stay the same, and the people that chose that control scheme never really played Reach or halo 4 the way it was meant to be played, i mean you cant jet pack for shit with bumper jumper, you lose a lot of control with evade and thruster pack. what about this is complicated ? its not is it, your just picking difference, i dont know what is that drives you, if you just don't like my posts don't read em, but please go pester someone else, child.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

you need to stop and think about what i am saying and stop being a mary mary, yes bumper jumper did stay the same, and the people that chose that control scheme never really played Reach or halo 4 the way it was meant to be played, i mean you cant jet pack for shit with bumper jumper, you lose a lot of control with evade and thruster pack. what about this is complicated ? its not is it, your just picking difference, i dont know what is that drives you, if you just don't like my posts don't read em, but please go pester someone else, child.

No need for personal attacks man. Not pestering, just disagreeing. I actually used jetpack a lot in 4 (yes I'm one of those guys, sue me), and it worked really well for clawing. In clawing, you can use a,b,x & y without taking any fingers off the bumpers, triggers, or sticks. 

yes of course the pad is more important than any ONE of those thing, stop trying to prove how smart you are and think about it man.
the pad is a constant it effects everything you do. Even if the game has sprint or loadouts or nothing this underlying problem is a constant

and bloom and sprint never did bother me, or descope or flinch i honestly think thats all way over blown

How many threads did you see on these forums complaining about button layouts? Now how many did you see re: sprint. This is the most competitive halo forum, and anybody here will tell you that your button layout problem (which isn't really a problem, since a lot of comp. players claw) is a lot smaller than the sprint problem. 

See, you're taking your personal opinion as the measure for competitive merit, which is the exact opposite of the consensus of this forum, which is focused whole heartedly on competitive Halo. Heck, ask any pro why H4 failed. They're not going to even think about button layouts... sprint tho  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to jump off P3, activate my Smart Scope to hover and soar through the air like a majestic deity as I give my opponents the heavenly four.

:weback:

Is there even a P3 anymore though? I don't think I saw anyone get up there, and it didn't look like you could.

Is there even a P3 anymore though? I don't think I saw anyone get up there, and it didn't look like you could.

Nah they pretty much ruined the map even more.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Heard that the top 200 players will be in the "Pro" division. I think it should be lowered to 100

Heard the top 200 players will be in the "pro" division. Source was HaloFollower though....anybody else have info on this so I can be sure this is true because, well.....it's HaloFollower

And if it is true, I think that's a little much, but I also don't think semi-pro should be that crowded.

Top 150 for pro, 151-250 for semi >>>>>

and the reason why I have so many in semi is that this will give this huge amount of skilled players the drive to do better to get that pro status. AKA growing players who will attend the HCS and to try online.

More pro players than semi pro? I would think it should be the other way around.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this talked about more, but who else can't stand that little squiggly audible hitmarker thing in the Halo 5 Beta? Its all I hear during gameplay... that and "clean kill"! Get that shit out of here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many threads did you see on these forums complaining about button layouts? Now how many did you see re: sprint. This is the most competitive halo forum, and anybody here will tell you that your button layout problem (which isn't really a problem, since a lot of comp. players claw) is a lot smaller than the sprint problem. 

See, you're taking your personal opinion as the measure for competitive merit, which is the exact opposite of the consensus of this forum, which is focused whole heartedly on competitive Halo. Heck, ask any pro why H4 failed. They're not going to even think about button layouts... sprint tho  :lxthul:

I see lots of people repeating what others say, and if they don't conform to a narrow view of what halo is there is always a free-wheeling alt anon,  to shut them down, I don't give a flying for this forums consensus I happy to take part in a vote and I will usually be in the minority.
I am posting because I have not seen anyone discuss this point, I am posting what I am posting because clawing aint that popular, more people talk about it than actually do it, and the fundamental problem of adding a skill/ ability without taking away nuance, or "on stick access" from another skill ability, is a problem Halo will keep having. clawing is good if you can do it but it don't solve the problem. sticking with Bumper jumper prevented a lot of people form buying in to other aa's with bumper jumper from reach onwards the AA's are "off fly" which makes them, less rewarding, harder to learn and less effective

How many people here are going to play the beta and still try to play bumper jumper? what do you think will happen if bumper jumper turns out to be less combat effective ? and "Noobs" using the default setting start claiming wins? the game will be branded uncompetitive. i guess my point is, without a new pad, i cant see any evolution of Halos base movement mechanics being excepted on a forums like this, I don't think it's ever going to work for the competitive guys.I guess sticking with the mcc for pro tournaments would be best, I really think the competitive community will find a reason to dislike Halo 5 because right at the heart of it people don't like change and competitive players like to be able to turn shoot and jump all at the same time.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Me when 343 said Halo is going back to it's original roots, and showed sprint, ADS, ground smash, thruster pack, and alot more disappointment. Looks like my long time Halo/gaming hobby will be coming to an ending very soon. RIP original Halo.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yes there is a p3. Pretty sure someone went up it in the first few seconds of the exhibition match.

Is anyone else actually deeply disgusted by the sight of cosmetic ADS in Halo? I honestly feel sick when I see it. I've seen people and heard people say "oh you get used to it and start to like it more and more", but the more I see it, the more disgusted I feel. I really do not want ADS in Halo in any way, shape or form. I seriously hope that lots of people will speak out against it when the time comes.

• Upvote (+1) 4