CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm pretty sure it's the "being a gigantic troll, regardless of community" part. 

Take it as his brand of "humor", sweetheart. (;

I haven't seen anything posted by Frankie that I'd consider out of appropriate behavior.

• Downvote (-1) 10

I haven't seen anything posted by Frankie that I'd consider out of appropriate behavior.

Were you in a coma the last time this happened? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

They still make a shit ton of money. Meanwhile we lose $560. Yea that seems right.

Open opportunity to foster mutual means to fix that mistake. Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration, but yelling, kicking and screaming will get you, the developer and the community nowhere.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You say mistake as if it were only a little thing. This was a $560 mistake. Do you not think people are upset after spending half a grand on something that is still completely broken? Are you serious?

you can't put the blame on 343i when it comes to purchasing a console, you may have very well bought the console solely to play MCC (poor souls) but its not as though 343i made the console and set the price, then forced you to buy it or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

you've never been to gaf then.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Open opportunity to foster mutual means to fix that mistake. Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration, but yelling, kicking and screaming will get you, the developer and the community nowhere.

People have the right to be upset when they spend a lot of money for something broken. If you chat understand that then you are just being too idealistic. A huge company like Microsoft delivered the biggest disappointment in my gaming career. All the classic Halos and I can't play them. Yea I can be as pissed as I want.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Were you in a coma the last time this happened? 

"Troll". You do know what Troll means, right? Someone who intentionally incites negative emotional responses from their victims. 

I cannot begin how unbelievably thin-skinned you must be, if you think Frankie's posts align with this definition.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You're confusing the means in asking why or how with "MCC is shit, fix it" "Fuck MCC, fuck 343" "piece of shit dev". Like I said, a mistake isn't an invitation to get shitty. It's an opportunity for understanding and patience, something the Halo community has rarely shown over the past few months.

300 days since MCC has been broken, we've been using  :weback: for years and we still ain't back yet. Don't talk to the Halo community about patience bro.

The fact that you'd drag this up after so long says a lot more about your agenda than any perceived agenda from or by the team. I speak at least a couple of times a week in public, and if you have to go back a few years to find something to align with your agenda probably means you're not trying hard enough.

And for example - one of the things our team "hated" or correctly, wanted to change or improve upon, was frames per second.

It's just a running joke mate from plenty of other people on beyond also.

Wasn't Halo 4 still 30 fps? (i'm guessing you meant Halo 5 then)

• Upvote (+1) 5

People have the right to be upset when they spend a lot of money for something broken. If you chat understand that then you are just being too idealistic. A huge company like Microsoft delivered the biggest disappointment in my gaming career. All the classic Halos and I can't play them. Yea I can be as pissed as I want.

You can't play at all?

you can't put the blame on 343i when it comes to purchasing a console, you may have very well bought the console solely to play MCC (poor souls) but its not as though 343i made the console and set the price, then forced you to buy it or anything.

They promised the Halos the way I remembered them. That drive me to the decision to get the console now. Yea they are responsible.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Please stop

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Troll". You do know what Troll means, right? Someone who intentionally incites negative emotional responses from their victims. 

I cannot begin how unbelievably thin-skinned you must be, if you think Frankie's posts align with this definition.

You're not really interested in hashing this out, are you. 

Yeah, you're free to do as you please, of course, but don't be surprised if nothing comes from it. Like I said, a mistake isn't an invitation to get shitty with whoever is providing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, you're free to do as you please, of course, but don't be surprised if nothing comes from it. Like I said, a mistake isn't an invitation to get shitty with whoever is providing.

This basically translates to you saying "you never are allowed to be mad"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I expect a lot of people to wait until the enemy engages the AI, then they just clean them up, finish off the AI, and get a double whammy.

I'm really curious as to how good players will actually play though.

Yeah me too. I'm hoping it will require more players to spend some extra thought on their surroundings and methods before they go after a boss. For example, I might need to clear the area or take some time to gather more teammates before moving in for the kill. One enemy sniper perched up on a ledge in the distant can snag your points as well as you and your teammates lives. Warzone is going to be very fun to play normally, to mess around in, and also to get into the inner workings to play more competitively.

Yeah me too. I'm hoping it will require more players to spend some extra thought on their surroundings and methods before they go after a boss. For example, I might need to clear the area or take some time to gather more teammates before moving in for the kill. One enemy sniper perched up on a ledge in the distant can snag your points as well as you and your teammates lives. Warzone is going to be very fun to play normally, to mess around in, and also to get into the inner workings to play more competitively.

I see Warzone in the end being all about that grind, a fun grind maybe, but a grind nonetheless.

Everyone is going to try to rank up and REQ up as much as possible to get the best items they possibly can, which will probably mean they should be playing halo 5 for months to come and stay around for a long while but still I wonder if it'll be like BTB where at times its actually competitive in a real team vs team sense. It looks as though the only thing people are interested in, while in Warzone is themselves, and not necessarily the outcome or how well their team does.

@@Sal1ent I wanted to ask you, if I unlock 'Nornfang' for example, it says it's a one-use only, is that one use per game (Of Warzone) or one use forever (I can never use it again, it's gone). Also, could I use it in Arena as a custom skin or would that expire the REQ pack? @@Frankie you might know as well.

@@Sal1ent I wanted to ask you, if I unlock 'Nornfang' for example, it says it's a one-use only, is that one use per game or one use forever. Also, could I use it in Arena as a custom skin or would that expire the REQ pack? @@Frankie you might know as well.

I can't remember 100% but if Nornfang is one of the special snipers then that is a one use item for one life in one single game. Once you use it it's gone forever... until you get another one of the cards.

As someone who has seen every gram of footage, we haven't seen any yet.

Are you talking about seeing it being used? or at all?

Because Im only talking about it being on the ground, unused

I can't remember 100% but if Nornfang is one of the special snipers then that is a one use item for one life in one single game. Once you use it it's gone forever... until you get another one of the cards.

I don't like the sound of that because you'd really want to treasure your legendary REQ packs. Personally I would gather them and never use them because they're so rare. I know it sounds shallow but I like that kind of thing.