CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Asking questions =/= entitlement. 

Yeah man, some people get mad if their questions get glossed over, it happens. Things get buried. You act like it is every single person here. 

Generalizing an entire community from the actions of a small percentage of people is a terrible way to go about things. Re-think your strategy.

Expecting an answer is entitlement. You must be incredibly short-sighted to not see the blatant communal rhetoric cast at 343, or just willfully ignorant. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, probably the latter, to justify the means in order to help push that agenda Frankie was talking about, perhaps.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I take it you haven't seen the full Mcc bug list?

I thought we were talking about shit-flinging? Maybe we've got our definitions confused, but I was referring to shitty replies on a forum.

Expecting an answer is entitlement. You must be incredibly short-sighted to not see the blatant communal rhetoric cast at 343, or just willfully ignorant. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, probably the latter, to justify the means in order to help push that agenda Frankie was talking about, perhaps.

Wow man, you really cracked the case. There is that edge I have been craving. 

If a developer is answering multiple questions from other people, it is not out of the ordinary to have a small expectation that yours also might be answered. The reaction a user has when their question is not answered, falls back on them, and not on the community.

Common sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought we were talking about shit-flinging? Maybe we've got our definitions confused, but I was referring to shitty replies on a forum.

Mcc is its own shit fling is my point, take a look at all the things that have yet to be addressed, then make the argument that the community isn't entitled to an answer as to why or how.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Depends on where you cross the line at shitty. Perhaps looking at the bigger picture and realizing it's been the community who's thrown and flung the largest amount of shit, than 343 has. Ever since Day 1 MCC, our frustrations have been their frustrations. Screaming won't speed up results, believe it or not.

Ok, what will speed up results then do you think? Because where I'm sitting... we are coming up on a year of MCC and there is still a large bug list that will never get fixed. Not never as in a long time from now...never as in never. I never expect to be able to play H2A because my controls are broken...that is sad.

Forgive me if I'm not on the side of treating them like royalty when they post here just because they are part of the dev team. I hope Halo 5 is good but how you can critisize a community for throwing shit given the complete and utter disaster that was MCC is beyond me.

Our frustrations are their frustrations? spare me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow man, you really cracked the case. There is that edge I have been craving. 

If a developer is answering multiple questions from other people, it is not out of the ordinary to have a small expectation that yours also might be answered.

Common sense.

Yes, and when your question doesn't get answered, don't throw a hissy-fit.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Yes, and when your question doesn't get answered, don't throw a hissy-fit.

Re-read my post and try again.

Your entire argument is based on generalizing an entire community based on the actions of the minority, and advocating that we treat developers like the Pope. Utterly ridiculous. Done wasting my time responding.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Mcc is its own shit fling is my point, take a look at all the things that have yet to be addressed, then make the argument that the community isn't entitled to an answer as to why or how.

You're confusing the means in asking why or how with "MCC is shit, fix it" "Fuck MCC, fuck 343" "piece of shit dev". Like I said, a mistake isn't an invitation to get shitty. It's an opportunity for understanding and patience, something the Halo community has rarely shown over the past few months.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I don't think I'll take advice about using several different parts brought together to build a delicious collection from you.

This should be immortalised somewhere. Dear lord.

They were built for multiplayer first, then added to the campaign.

Then I'm lost for words.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're confusing the means in asking why or how with "MCC is shit, fix it" "Fuck MCC, fuck 343" "piece of shit dev". Like I said, a mistake isn't an invitation to get shitty. It's an opportunity for understanding and patience, something the Halo community has rarely shown over the past few months.

Guys, we're not patient apparently.

:bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bro are you one of RUL's smurf accounts?

umm no why do you ask? I said that because I posted a GIF along with it that really couldn't capture the moment I was talking about so I said to watch it yourself to better understand the situation and to see what I was talking about.

Oh, believe me, simply because he's more active elsewhere, doesn't mean he's not observing.

Sure, but you said "taking part in" communities, as in being active within them. I don't know how often Frankie lurks around here, but he could have read every single post on this board and it would be still be wrong to say he's active here, or was active on the MLG forums, or what have you. To take part in a community you have to... well, participate.

I don't even expect him to post here - honestly, even that he posts as rarely as he does is a little weird. He's a high-level guy that deals with broad, title/series-wide stuff. This community collectively really doesn't care about that much. We care about the tiny details. I just took exception to his last visit here because he got in a spat over some pretty timid comments, then played it off as if the ensuing argument was typical of the reason he doesn't engage with the competitive community, when the truth is he's never really tried to engage with it in a meaningful way in the first place (and again, I don't think that's his place anyways so I don't fault him for it).

I and I assume the rest of the community cares much more about having the guys making the actual multiplayer design decisions around, and as I said Josh, Quinn and others have stepped up recently in that regard, so props to them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You say mistake as if it were only a little thing. This was a $560 mistake. Do you not think people are upset after spending half a grand on something that is still completely broken? Are you serious?
  • Upvote (+1) 4

here's the problem, it wasn't just a mistake, it was an error that was allowed to happen, they knew before release it was going to be broken, yet the date was never pushed back, or better devs be put in charge. They failed to do their job, shit fling number one, and haven't told us anything on why or how, shit fling two and it's these two shit flings that preceded ours and caused us to retaliate, rightfully so because of the bullshit practices being engaged.

When they fail, we absolutely have a right to know why, especially when we're sold on them not failing. If Mcc had come out working and support had been better, we wouldn't be bad mouth 343 to the degree, the relationship isn't bad for no reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Re-read my post and try again.

Your entire argument is based on generalizing an entire community based on the actions of the minority, and advocating that we treat developers like the Pope. Utterly ridiculous. Done wasting my time responding.

You clearly don't understand what I'm telling you. I'll try and word this as clear and concise as I can possibly make it.

Telling me that the community has been hunky-dory, willy-nilly, water-under-the-bridge over the past few months is delusionally utopian. This isn't a small percentage who have this shitty entitlement, at large. 

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps it's wrong to assume based solely on the posts within this thread as the community at large, but it's been echoing a debate that has been ongoing for years. I'm talking about Frankie's involvement with the community. It is utterly ignorant and moronic to say that Frankie is "bad" as a community ambassador, simply based upon the fact he isn't as active within the competitive. I've said this years ago and I will say it again. Solely because he doesn't satiate competitive entitlement, doesn't make him bad at being a community ambassador. Simply because some competitive oriented questions remain unanswered, does not suddenly just dissolve his experience and efforts he's put forth over the past DECADE because the answers he has provided do not serve you. He may not reply to competitive questions, but believe me, he understand the competitive culture. Coupled with his seniority, you'd think he'd have at least some form of respect to spare him from this shitty drivel he's received.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Solely because he doesn't satiate competitive entitlement, doesn't make him bad at being a community ambassador. 

I'm pretty sure it's the "being a gigantic troll, regardless of community" part. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You say mistake as if it were only a little thing. This was a $560 mistake. Do you not think people are upset after spending half a grand on something that is still completely broken? Are you serious?

Yes, when a videogame tanks, it's not the developer and the publisher who suffer, but the consumer. 

The fact that @@Sal1ent and @@Frankie chose to come on here and call out @@Cursed Lemon, using their valuable time, rather than address legitimate questions and concerns surrounding the games their company produces is disappointing and lacks professionalism.

I don't agree with your choice of words, but to ignore the "is there oddball and KOTH in Halo 5?" question to argue with Lemon Is just a waste of time really, I mean what were they hoping to accomplish? Sure, it may very well be true that people take comments out of context, and then use them to match their own beliefs, but that's common and they should've been used to it by now.

no spnkr change for sake of change.

I actually prefer the way the rocket launcher looks now compared to how it used to look, I also prefer the current storm rifle over the old plasma rifle, sue me.

I like the whole last hit aspect because it reminds me of MOBAs. It's cool to see something that simple like that come into Halo and I also think it'll warrant some very interesting gameplay and tactics.

and I agree that Phaeton boss is really strong!

I expect a lot of people to wait until the enemy engages the AI, then they just clean them up, finish off the AI, and get a double whammy.

I'm really curious as to how good players will actually play though.

Yes, when a videogame tanks, it's not the developer and the publisher who suffer, but the consumer.

They still make a shit ton of money. Meanwhile we lose $560. Yea that seems right.
  • Upvote (+1) 2