CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't think I'll take advice about using several different parts brought together to build a delicious collection from you.

I wanted to post a spicy meme or gif to showcase this level of KO (and gain some plus rep while I'm at it), but I could not find one that would do this justice. Nicely done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The past ten or so pages...I can't handle all of this divine banter. I'm not worthy.

Yeah from what I could tell from that Warzone gameplay it just seemed like a downgrade to the DMR even with the scope.

But then you have shit like burst fire fuel-rods, double-beam binary rifles, etc.

yeah there really doesn't need to be different versions of the common br, dmr or ar, it's fine if there are one or two unique varients, but beyond that it's just unnecessary clutter.

Someone blunted your edge. Try harder.

Woosh. Point is: Community behaves like a bunch of asshats, if the administration behaves like something unworthy, devs will not post there. End. of. story.

Now, you can sell Beyond as much as you'd like, but I'll reiterate this and hope it sticks. Developer interaction is a privilege, not a right.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Woosh. Point is: Community behaves like a bunch of asshats, if the administration behaves like something unworthy, devs will not post there. End. of. story.

Now, you can sell Beyond as much as you'd like, but I'll reiterate this and hope it sticks. Developer interaction is a privilege, not a right.

when we buy a product from them and it doesn't work they owe us, the fans who have been with the series longer than 343 has been a company, an explanation. Still waiting on that front.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

when we buy a product from them and it doesn't work they owe us, the fans who have been with the series longer than 343 has been a company, an explanation. Still waiting on that front.

A mistake isn't an invitation to get shitty, remember that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The point isn't the semantics, it's the allocation of resources/priorities; are we going to perfect the gameplay then work on features, or perfect the features then work on gameplay? I mean it's pretty no-brainer to perfect the gameplay first. Like look at CE with its grand lack of features, still being touted as the best Halo of all time and that shit had no gravity hammers or custom maps

The problems with Reach and The 4 are fundamental. So, I highly doubt that if Bungie or 343 had more time or effort put into the gameplay, we would somehow end up with CE 2, when the direction they chose to take the series in was heavily flawed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it is when the developer also gets shitty in some respects where they shouldn't have.

I'd like to go through my grief phases now so I can recover in time for the launch of the game.

Slayer, CTF, Strongholds, and Breakout.

Hrm.

Community interaction is developer 101. They literally have a community manager and a community team for this. It is not a privilege, it is their job.

Feeding entitlement isn't part of their job description.

If it were nothing more than a passing conversation with a dev, we wouldn't be here, having this conversation. 

In normal, everyday conversation, normal people don't hold it against someone if they choose not to answer a question.

• Downvote (-1) 8

Why do people still refer to it as a mistake? These are grown ass people, making a huge game they undoubtedly had to plan for considering the logistics of porting 4 games and outsourcing each piece of development and eho's sheer size makes it near impossible to have not foreseen the game being broken launch. After Halo 4 and the MCC, we DESERVE interaction.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definitely check this part out for yourself in RULs 24 minute Warzone gameplay.

Bro are you one of RUL's smurf accounts?

it is when the developer also gets shitty in some respects where they shouldn't have.

Depends on where you cross the line at shitty. Perhaps looking at the bigger picture and realizing it's been the community who's thrown and flung the largest amount of shit, than 343 has. Ever since Day 1 MCC, our frustrations have been their frustrations. Screaming won't speed up results, believe it or not.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Feeding entitlement isn't part of their job description.

If it were nothing more than a passing conversation with a dev, we wouldn't be here, having this conversation. 

In normal, everyday conversation, normal people don't hold it against someone if they choose not to answer a question.

Asking questions =/= entitlement. 

Yeah man, some people get mad if their questions get glossed over, it happens. Things get buried. You act like it is every single person here. 

Generalizing an entire community from the actions of a small percentage of people is a terrible way to go about things. Re-think your strategy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

*Raises hand*

Tuesdays are when they come out, right, or what that a joke?

Yep they should.

Next episode should hit the feels even harder.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people still refer to it as a mistake? These are grown ass people, making a huge game they undoubtedly had to plan for considering the logistics of porting 4 games and outsourcing each piece of development and eho's sheer size makes it near impossible to have not foreseen the game being broken launch. After Halo 4 and the MCC, we DESERVE interaction.

Timeframe. The time in which they believed they could pin such an undertaking was the LARGEST mistake they've made, and oh, have they paid for it.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Depends on where you cross the line at shitty. Perhaps looking at the bigger picture and realizing it's been the community who's thrown and flung the largest amount of shit, than 343 has. Ever since Day 1 MCC, our frustrations have been their frustrations. Screaming won't speed up results, believe it or not.

I take it you haven't seen the full Mcc bug list?
  • Upvote (+1) 1