CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Now before I say anything, I will be waiting on the Beta to make my final decision on whether or not I like the additions to Halo 5.

With that being said I would like to say that I am very intrigued with the additions made to the Halo sandbox. 

Thrusters: As many people have said before, I would be fine with the thruster if it was not such a far "dash". To me, the ability to thrust to the side is an extension of the strafe mechanic. Using it to dodge one or two shots could make for some amazing gameplay, and yes, gunskill. Of all the additions I feel this one is the most exciting to me. 

Ground Pound: This addition is simply an extension of the melee combat system. As I have seen Lethul post, it looks difficult to actually land; furthermore it can be dodged. Now, I want to make sure it has minimal to no AOE, we don't need some Destiny Titan slams in here. However, from what I can see and have read, it has to be a DIRECT hit to kill; unless of course your opponent is weak. I also believe that you have to be a certain distance in the air for it to be a viable option, so not just running around slamming people over and over. 

Smart Scope: This one should be self explanatory, but the only thing I have issues with is the AR getting a range buff. That is all.

Charge/Shoulder Thrust: I think of this as just being a more "intentional" BXB from H2 with the added risk of missing and being left exposed. 

Sprint: Dislike it. However, I will wait to bash the sprint mechanic heavily until after I see how the balancing plays out in the Beta. I think with the added detriments to the players who sprint away, I may learn to accept it (not like it).

Power Weapon Countdowns: We call out times until the weapon/power up drops anyway, so having it in game built in is not too bad in my opinion, however it should not tell you which team picked it up. I would prefer removal for the sake of competitive play, but I won't be horribly troubled by it's inclusion. 

Hitmarkers: I only noticed them on weapons, not grenades. However I would prefer that if they are on explosive weapons they would be removed, normal weapons (ie. BR, AR, SMG etc.) do not affect gameplay too much. 

Spectator mode: Yes.

Now that I have spoken upon the things that they've added/tweaked. I will say that I believe H5 will be better out of the box than HR and H4 easily. However, that can change once I get my hands on it, so until then I will say H5 looks exciting to play and watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

More gameplay

Not gonna lie but this gameplay got me hyped

His voice got me hyped.

Holy shit 6:30, that weapon switch time.

More gameplay

really didn't see much sprinting...and anyone who sprinted eitehr died or was at a severe disadvantage with the shields...

again...i am loving the shooting in the game....less auto aim/magnetism should have been done for a while now..

• Upvote (+1) 7

More gameplay

The more gameplay I watch, the better I feel about the reveal. It looks like it has some potential.

Django-leonardo-dicaprio-now-you-have-my

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's something that might fix sprint...

Allow us to use guns while sprinting. This would turn the mechanic into more of a speed boots than sprint and would at least allow us to use the mechanic aggressively. 

I like the idea of adding movement options to speed up gameplay, but if we can't shoot while using these options then the potential for these to be more offensive or defensive favors the latter. Defensive options and the feeling of uselessness is what killed Halo. Let us use our guns while sprinting and thrusting- that will fix some of the issues here. 

This game has potential. It wont be Halo exactly, but it has the potential to be a great arena shooter. The problem is that ideas are being pulled from squad shooters like Call of Duty. There's a reason COD is a squad shooter and not an arena shooter, so pulling ideas from a squad shooter for an arena game will never end well. Look at Quake and Unreal for inspiration when designing an arena shooter. 

This game could be great, but needs a massive overhaul of the mechanics first. I think I heard that the beta feedback will be used for "tweaks" rather than overhauls, and that's a bad sign. We don't need to play this game to know what will be broken and what wont. A true Halo scientist doesn't even need to see gameplay footage; merely hearing about mechanical ideas is enough to judge them. 

Also, to get ahead of the game, competitive H5 settings should not include DMR starts>BR starts, DMR+BR starts>BR starts. 

Do you play boxer? Why would you put Melee on the trigger.

I'm sure they already have a control scheme like this anyway.

On the note of Clamber, it's important to notice that the maps skill jumps were designed with Clamber in mind. It isn't some excuse for players to get a second chance if they missed a jump, it adds a second layer to the skill gap of making skill jumps by timing the Clamber right, or not pressing it and falling (even if by choice).

It adds movement options while still keeping the integrity of skill jumps, because the maps were designed with Clamber in mind.

READ UNY ARTICLE

I hate when they do this. I liked it better when we found our own jumps, and our own ways around the map. Not having every inch of the map tailored to how they want us to play and where they want us to jump. I don't see how in the hell that clamber would possibly be skilled jumping but we'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

More gameplay

This Gameplay show exactly until min 6 that u dont need Sprint, Sliding, Ground Pounding and also nobody did that. So pls remove this shit. Thruster Pack is the only one which looks fine and is such a good addition.

And for god sake, just scale the Maps down and increase the base movementspeed and it would look 100x better.

Static weapon timers is very good. 

A visible timer is also a pretty good thing. 

An announcement defining which team has acquired a weapon is awful, get that shit out. 

Weapon timers coming anywhere near 4:00 is horrible. Timers should be closer to 90 seconds. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok. Its not Halo. I guess I can be ok with that. We did get 3 halo games that are good or better (1-3). 

I'm just hoping that the skill it takes to aim is on par with CE but time to kill is really fast. If not, this game is going to be a colossal competitive failure 

Given that Snipedown got two "perfect kills" in a row on his first time playing, I think it's unlikely.

what is "descope" and when did it go away? i didn't play reach or halo 4 so maybe that's why i'm confused

In previous Halo games, when you are scoped in (with a BR or sniper or whatever else has scope) and someone shoots you, it forces you out of scope. This is called descope. When the game doesn't have descope, you can continue to stay in scope even if someone is hitting you with bullets.

Probably already posted (sorry, to much pages to see everything), but what you think about theses:

http://i.minus.com/jbxnlr2XizyUa2.png

http://abload.de/img/animation1llsha.gif

The Midship remake with another skin?

I like the look of that one better than the one we saw in the optic str8 match. It was hard to even see what was happening or where people were on the other one.

More gameplay

Can any spanish speaking person tell me if its normal how fast this man is talking? It sounded like he was being fast forwarded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What about we suggest this to 343.... Instead of sprint not allowing your shields to recharge, what if they made it so you can not sprint if your shields are not 100%.

Or we could just tell them to delete sprint :kappa: