CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I've read quite a few of the negative and positive comments on this thread and i think honestly a few people need to relax a little bit.

Many people are jumping on the hate train after watching sub 10 minutes of game-play believe they have everything figured out.

Last week i was given the opportunity to spend one hour playing a few maps in the Halo 5 beta on a variety game modes (This was for winning the #HaloNation event in the UK hosted by XboxUk)

These are the worries i've seen the most

- Sprint
- AA's

- Weapon changes

Lets start with sprint

Sprint is a mechanic which came into halo with pretty much the worst reception for a new simple feature we have ever seen and i agree on the reasons behind this; but 343 have listened and tweaked everything accordingly and have clearly tried to make sure this mechanic is balanced and it is; during our playtime sprint was not a simple thing to utilize; you couldn't just run away around three corners regaining shield like you could in Halo:Reach.

Spartan Abilities (Usually discussed as AA's)

I was far from impressed at first by these; when we first sat down having no information about the game and i had to select a loadout ability i was like 'Oh god not again' but i was pleasantly surprised by them all.

Even though shoulder charge and ground pound make me feel like i'm playing as a Titan from Destiny they are incredibly balanced once again; if you miss the shoulder charge any remotely skilled player will have killed you.

The ground pound was hit and miss for me; i was playing a bunch of lower skilled players (Journalists basically) so when i tried the ground pound i was getting easily 10 kills in a 50 kill team slayer game with it; BUT when the tables turned and other people tried to use it against a more aware player they were basically swatted out of the air 

Weapon Changes

I played largely with the BR and Magnum as primary's and had a few killed with the new energy sword and sniper and everything just felt correct; the game does have increased auto aim from Halo 3 for example but not too much for again lower skilled players.

One thing people keep bringing up is the weapon design and single shot from the BR and the below paragraph should summarize why i believe this is a good thing.

Final thoughts

Halo 5 felt fresh; fun; entertaining and again fresh.

Like it or not Halo has been a horribly stale series with it's 'big changes' honestly being a case or practically nothing. People keep harping back to 'OMMMGGGGG HALO 2 WUSS SOOOOO GUD I WAS A 50 IN EVERRRRRYTHING YOLO SWAG' and honestly if you think this you need to move on; halo 2 was a ground breaking game AT THE TIME but things have changed; we can still have the skill based arena shooters we can still have Halo a the lead FPS but this wont happen without massive changes from the past iterations of Halo.

Play the game before you rate it guys; i'm not sure where this hate stems from; i'm not sure why people don't give new ideas a chance but you need to with this one.

343 learned a lot from Halo 4 and trust me Halo 5 is a new breed and it will be fantastic if what i played shows up in the final build.

Take care

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I always like how "I personally found the game fun and fresh" (lol) translates into "everyone here needs to relax and be positive cuz ur all wrong!!!".

Lemon is spot on, we've all seen this movie before. Multiple times.

And no, there's nothing "stale" about the Halo 1 or Halo 2 formula. Go away.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a toggle for ALL the spartan abilities?

I'd turn that stupid ADS "smart scope" shit off immediately.

That is my only hope honestly, that I can turn it off and it goes back to classic scoping.

Did I mention how much I HATE that faux-ADS shit?

Still wouldn't solve the huge map though.

+1 I hate ADS.

What made the game franchise stale were the games that didn't stick to what makes Halo what it is. If that formula was stale, the hype for MCC would be nil.

Halo 5 has all of the best bits from the old era; but it has evolved into a hopefully better game with a long lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 has all of the best bits from the old era; but it has evolved into a hopefully better game with a long lifespan.

What in the name of actual fuck did I just read.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dunno how to fix the image size but I sure as hell fixed the controller.

k39iir.jpg

I have no idea what strange controller scheme it is that you use, but you must seriously enjoy suffering.

Can we talk about how there were some blatant lies from developers about what would and would be in the game? 

I dunno how to fix the image size but I sure as hell fixed the controller.

k39iir.jpg

Do you play boxer? Why would you put Melee on the trigger.

I'm sure they already have a control scheme like this anyway.

On the note of Clamber, it's important to notice that the maps skill jumps were designed with Clamber in mind. It isn't some excuse for players to get a second chance if they missed a jump, it adds a second layer to the skill gap of making skill jumps by timing the Clamber right, or not pressing it and falling (even if by choice).

It adds movement options while still keeping the integrity of skill jumps, because the maps were designed with Clamber in mind.

READ UNY ARTICLE

• Upvote (+1) 3

jeez reminds me of this all over again h2MTcl9.png

Clamber sounds like a responsive, satisfying mechanic that would be a great thing for relaxing in social playlists. In ranked, it's cancer.

I must be late because I haven't seen this yet  (I didn't watch the whole hour long bullshit of the reveal and just the game they showed)

Can we talk about how there were some blatant lies from developers about what would and would be in the game? 

Name one.

Just another tedious lecture about how saintly 343 is and what closed-minded poopieheads we all are.

No not at all; i'm honestly just trying to be positive. No one can please everyone not 343 not myself not you.

I only made my post to get my opinion across following playing; not just from watching a video.

Honestly didn't expect people to be upset by that

• Upvote (+1) 3

No not at all; i'm honestly just trying to be positive. No one can please everyone not 343 not myself not you.

I only made my post to get my opinion across following playing; not just from watching a video.

Honestly didn't expect people to be upset by that

Man I wouldn't even worry about it. Most people read your comments of your experience, thought about it intelligently and moved on. The ones that didn't well, unfortunately those are the people who chose to respond to you. They're just being childish and hostile for no reason. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. 

• Upvote (+1) 2