CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Glad you can do the thinking for all of us with assumptions and misinformation!!! I love getting my news from CNN and Nancy Grace   :kappa:

I hope we can see part of the H5 ranking system during the beta but I highly doubt it.  inb4 343 sucks because no ranking system in beta.

I've been hearing about a 7-division system included in the beta, but I haven't actually seen any quotes from 343 to back it up. It would make no sense for them not to include it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They could make a chess video game with Halo characters, would be even more competitive than Halo CE. It's not just about the competitive aspect, it's also about how the game feels and H5 certainly doesn't look like a Halo game.

And what is the problem? the Halo name gets associated with a new fun, good and competitive game. Fuck that, right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont even think the game looks appealing. Mechanics aside the game looks confusing to me, i couldnt really tell what was going on with the constant thruster and pounding along with the art style of the maps. Im gonna try to be optimistic tho

I don't believe a word any pro say. I am saving every tweet and releasing them once Halo 5 died out in December 2015

Bro, you're so edgy and cool. Will you teach me? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been hearing about a 7-division system included in the beta, but I haven't actually seen any quotes from 343 to back it up. It would make no sense for them not to include it.

Yeah I agree with you.  Josh Menke has been there since early 2013 and I am sure all he has been working on is the ranking system for H5.  The beta would be the perfect time to introduce it since they are hoping the game succeeds as a Arena Shooter and it needs ranks.

I dont even think the game looks appealing. Mechanics aside the game looks confusing to me, i couldnt really tell what was going on with the constant thruster and pounding along with the art style of the maps. Im gonna try to be optimistic tho

That is how I felt. I felt like I was trying to figure out why the spartans were having all these body spasm instead seeing spartans shoot each other.

Non-stop abilities being used it didn't even seem like a FPS. It seemed like Midship was an obstacle course and spartans were doing parkour .

That is how I felt. I felt like I was trying to figure out why the spartans were having all these body spasm instead seeing spartans shoot each other.

Non-stop abilities being used it didn't even seem like a FPS. It seemed like Midship was an obstacle course and spartans were doing parkour .

It looked about as fast as classic arena FPS. That's not to say that Halo 5 is an arena shooter, despite what Quinn claims.

All I'm going to say is, t2...walshy...goofy and countless other pros said "halo 4 will be the best halo yet" 

If you are being paid to say something... you're going to say it..

How many pro football players actually plan on "going to disney world" after they win superbowl mvp?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It looks more like an arena shooter than any of the other Halos, but not in terms of quality. Still not an arena shooter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I'm going to say is, t2...walshy...goofy and countless other pros said "halo 4 will be the best halo yet" 

If you are being paid to say something... you're going to say it..

How many pro football players actually plan on "going to disney world" after they win superbowl mvp?

Gandhi has no career or investment in competitive Halo. If he's biased, then it's not based on money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow.

I thought /r/halo was bad but /r/xboxone is cancer

Apparently we're not gamers because we don't like what we saw. People who say they don't like sprint get downvoted like crazy. Shit like this is how we got Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the plus side of all this negativity(well earned by the way), it looks like it might have an actual skill gap. Not entirely sure though.

Everyone in this community better play the beta and give feedback. I don't care if you hate it just by looking at it. We have to at least try to help improve it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow.

Apparently we're not gamers because we don't like what we saw. People who say they don't like sprint get downvoted like crazy. Shit like this is how we got Halo 4.

You should have seen /r/xboxone at the XB1's reveal event.

After watching all the gameplay, the thing that concerns me the most is the "ledge clamber". Why people aren't as vocal about this idk. Firstly, I can guarantee it that this will be buggy in the final game, quote me. Secondly, this will limit every map ever if they have this mechanic as a core mechanic. Idk if anyone remembers Brink that supposedly was "Freerunning" but you could only "freerun" in certain places. Thirdly, less skill gap. Fourthly, it's automatic. For example, imagine fighting while in needle pit against someone tower. You jump while shooting towards plat/first to take cover and you accidently get auto picked up on the ledge and die. Or, if you are just trying to peek shoot over the ledge and you auto climb up.

So, this mechanic IS going to be buggy unless they restrict it to certain platforms and even then people will break it. There is no way I can see them implement this bug free unless they restrict movement areas. Also, it should at least be connected to a button press.

Side note, that 4v4 elimination is very similar to the paintball custom games with the plasma pistols lol.

Just wanted to throw my experience in here. You can toggle an option to hold A to clamber or tap. I've played a considerable amount and haven't had any issue with it.

Wow.

Most gamers have no clue what they want and it should be noted that none of them care about a competitive experience.

BTB was the most populated playlist in H4. No wonder they all want sprint.

Just wanted to throw my experience in here. You can toggle an option to hold A to clamber or tap. I've played a considerable amount and haven't had any issue with it.

Be objective. How much of a defensive ability is sprint? If you're shot, is sprinting a bad idea?

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a toggle for ALL the spartan abilities?

I'd turn that stupid ADS "smart scope" shit off immediately.

That is my only hope honestly, that I can turn it off and it goes back to classic scoping.

Did I mention how much I HATE that faux-ADS shit?

Still wouldn't solve the huge map though.

• Upvote (+1) 1