CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone else notice that the BR has no block scope?

I assume the design will undergo many changes til release, if you recall the sniper looked completely different at H4's launch than it did just a few months prior.

Sad they brung back the BR though, I was hoping they would create a crossbreed between the BR/DMR but oh well, lets hope it is prejectile and not hitscan I guess.

in multiplayer, spectator mode should be called "the guardians"

hue.

Probably also a Guardian remake :kappa:

:saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:  HYPE! 

Did you know Giggle Monster is on IGN Alfredo's GB team?  :walshy:

Everything is falling into place...

Can we expect this to be uploaded to youtube in the not so distant future? My internet can't handle streams bro.

MLG uploads their stuff quick. I'll post it here when it's up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God Puckett talking about Halo.

God.

My feels.

Please Chris, be gentle.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why are they not addressing the game? coming out in 2014.

Because there is no title.

NOTHING is confirmed. MLG aren't chasers. They are talking about what is confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they remake the map Guardian in multiplayer just because the game is called Guardian... Well, i'll be very upset. That map is ass crack.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

">

:saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: HYPE!

A nice dose of truth about how shitty halo is now from a huge platform.

Gotta say GJ to Saucey for repping us without sounding entitled/butthurt or overly cirtical. Really portrayed the community in a good light. Really concise, no BS.

tumblr-m3kzthedut1rr6v0ao1-400.gif

+ FS with that beard speaks for itself.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure if this noted yet but also from gaf

"1. That's an elite statue in the background.

2. Looks like 3 suns in the background to me (Sanghelios is in a trinary star system - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sanghelios)
3."Like Earth, its atmosphere consists of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen, but also has a reddish hue to it, perhaps indicating large amounts of iron or new rock being made by the core."

Looking at that second concept piece a bit more, it does seem like Covenant Architecture without the purple. There does appear to be a faint silhouette of some UNSC structure in the sky though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theory: the other Spartan on the cover is one of many new Spartans labeled "Guardians." These guardians are all part of ONI and led by the guy in Halo 4's opening cutscene. The guardians will be tasked with hunting down and capturing/killing all ther Spartans that are alive which is why Chief was wearing a cloak in the original trailer last year. Master Chief will be tasked with reviving Cortana (who undoubtedly has all of the answers about the guardian program and knows how to stop it) while fighting forerunners/avoiding the guardians. Master Chief eventually manages to get in contact with the Arbiter and his forces and we'll be fighting alongside elites against other humans.

I could be way off and I probably am but whatever lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

Theory: the other Spartan on the cover is one of many new Spartans labeled "Guardians." These guardians are all part of ONI and led by the guy in Halo 4's opening cutscene. The guardians will be tasked with hunting down and capturing/killing all ther Spartans that are alive which is why Chief was wearing a cloak in the original trailer last year. Master Chief will be tasked with reviving Cortana (who undoubtedly has all of the answers about the guardian program and knows how to stop it) while fighting forerunners/avoiding the guardians. Master Chief eventually manages to get in contact with the Arbiter and his forces and we'll be fighting alongside elites against other humans.

I could be way off and I probably am but whatever lol

It'd be really lame if 343 decided to call the players Guardians just like Destiny (what would they be guarding if they're hunting?). It's more likely to be the elusive map Guardians being given a physical [forerunner] identity. However, even if that were the case, it's perplexing to imagine a story where they'd be so integral to the plot, especially if Chief were to be travelling and encountering Elites or ONI Spartans. 

Is that actually the cover or is that a place holder?

Still don't care for this announcement. Gotta see the final product before anything. Last time 343i said "oh yeah don't worry, we can always fix it later", yeah right. Bandwidth > 343i

Is that actually the cover or is that a place holder?

Still don't care for this announcement. Gotta see the final product before anything. Last time 343i said "oh yeah don't worry, we can always fix it later", yeah right. Bandwidth > 343i

Placeholder, Frankie confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 3