CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

175 Armor Sets. Huh. I'm going to place my bets that 343i sneaks in a Fallout-Themed Power Armor variant.

I want pre-set CUSTOMS though if we're having more restricted customization, like combining sets to reference more classic designs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

175 Armor Sets. Huh. I'm going to place my bets that 343i sneaks in a Fallout-Themed Power Armor variant.

t-51b up in this shit. ::kappa:

Also, I knew customization was going to get nerfed pretty much across the board, it is in fact shitty shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Posted by @@Sal1ent: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179625541&postcount=93

Hmmm... I think your math is off. ;)

There are 175 different "designs" at launch, with an armor suit and a helmet for each design. So that's 175 armor sets and 175 helmets... creating over 30,000 different combinations. That;s not taking into account the various visor colors - once you factor those in you have over 1.6M unique combos. And, we'll be continuing to add more post-launch.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

More:

• 10 Assault Rifle Skins

• 7 Battle Rifle Skins

• 5 DMR Skins

• 5 SMG Skins

• 7 Magnum skins

So, here's a question. Do weapons PAST these have skins? Or is this just looking at loadout weapons? If so, how would one equip skins for other weapons, such as a Carbine, or Storm Rifle? Just spitballing, because these weapons had skins in Halo 4, so it seems weird to not have them here.

And I suddenly don't want to buy REQ packs any more. There needs to be A LOT more than that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And I suddenly don't want to buy REQ packs any more. There needs to be A LOT more than that.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed. 

Wanted a fuck ton. Skins were the most enticing part to me...

So do we know How rare the Weapons skins are or nah?

Age Sex Location~

40. Male. Your mom's house. >:3

Oh boy, first we have to stick to armor sets instead of customizing piece-by-piece, but now it's the same for emblems? I hope that's not how it works, because it's some shitty shit.

No u. But I see what you mean. REALLY depends on how it works in game, to be truthful.

It's even more interesting now that you're involved~

I'll uh, turn down the cringe sorry guys XD

I ship you and Batchford now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

From the ViDoc it really seemed like skins and tiers for skins were such a big focus. It made me believe there were going to be SO many of 'em.

I think this also eliminates HCS skins as well. 

So do we know How rare the Weapons skins are or nah?

Not a clue. I assume they'll be common from Gold packs.

From the ViDoc it really seemed like skins and tiers for skins were such a big focus. It made me believe there were going to be SO many of 'em.

I could see a lot of HCS skins post-launch once teams are established and it actually proves to be a success.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At launch sure but we're suppose to get a lot in post

343: "more than 1000 REQs at launch"

1000 - 17 Assassination animations to unlock
         - 220 emblems
         - 14 stances
         - 350 armor (for both helmet and armor)
         - 53 visors

= 346 (and the way I understand @@Sal1ent these are the final numbers for those categories?)

346 - 10 Assault Rifle Skins

- 7 Battle Rifle Skins

- 5 DMR Skins

- 5 SMG Skins

- 7 Magnum skins

= 312

So we have at least 312 cards, that we don't know about yet, some of those well be for loadout weapons/armor abbilities/ power-ups/boosts, some will be for special weapon variants but I'm sure lots of them will be for skins

• Upvote (+1) 1

40. Male. Your mom's house. >:3

No u. But I see what you mean. REALLY depends on how it works in game, to be truthful.

I ship you and Batchford now.

sry too old.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Second Side Note: We all know this, but I hope 343 realizes that Halo 4's rise in BTB popularity wasn't entirely isolated.

The fans expecting a classic Halo 4v4 experience were let down and left the game. Casual players who didn't care stayed and played BTB. I really don't like Kevin showing off stats when they were influenced because of his/343's decisions

This. Good God, it frustrated me so much watching that video. The same thing could have happened in the other direction if the Big Team experience had major flaws. I.e. the Big Team players would have jumped ship and then it would have looked like everyone was into the 4v4 arena experience. It's an incredibly reductive analytical stretch to say that the data shown was reflective of the players' interests independent of the game's virtues and limitations. I really hope Kevin and 343's reasoning on this is more nuanced than what they revealed in that presentation. This is Monitoring and Evaluation 101.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed.You might get the " Rare " skin for the BR, but if there's only 10 skins. Who cares really..

I hope that isn't final. Assuming it is, they made 175 armor sets, 53 visors, and only 7 BR skins, 10 AR skins, 5 DMR skins, and so on? People are going to care more about their weapon skins than their armor since that's what they actually see. And there's no way that weapon skins take longer to make than an armor set. Weapon skins should have been the primary focus in terms of customization but it seems like it got put on the backburner. Odd move by 343.

Its not odd.

343 doing something that makes sense. That would be odd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

gkUDXTM.jpg

Oh boy, first we have to stick to armor sets instead of customizing piece-by-piece, but now it's the same for emblems? I hope that's not how it works, because it's some shitty shit.

I think this emblem screen might be misleading. It looks like you can save up to 10 emblems at a time, each of which you can customize as always (colors, background, etc). I think the Click A to Change Emblem might bring you to the screen where you can customize the emblem you want. Maybe. Hopefully. Please :(

I think this emblem screen might be misleading. It looks like you can save up to 10 emblems at a time, each of which you can customize as always (colors, background, etc). I think the Click A to Change Emblem might bring you to the screen where you can customize the emblem you want. Maybe. Hopefully. Please :(

I believe that's the amount of emblems unlocked currently.

God damn. This video.

~

Totally agree with his thoughts on Sprint + Charge and the double melee issue. It never even occurred to me before.​

• Upvote (+1) 1