CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Presentation from 343's Kevin Franklin. Quite an interesting watch.

One of the better talks I've seen a Halo dev give. Some of those numbers are incredibly illuminating, and it really shows that with Halo 4 343 Industries as a studio was trying to find their feet and the pulse of the community at the same time.

It should be very interesting to see if they can apply the lessons they've learned in a way that both engages and pleases players of various preferences with Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't like the new emblem format

gkUDXTM.jpg

And they BETTER fucking have my cone emblem

Presentation from 343's Kevin Franklin. Quite an interesting watch.

I wish Kevin's competency at game design was as good as his rig

also: LOL @ 2:55

I wish Kevin's competency at game design was as good as his rig

also: LOL @ 2:55

his competency at game design is sound, he's just designing on the wrong game. :kappa:

It means Age/Sex/Location. It's basically tinder language for "I want to tap that ass".

How we even got onto this conversation is the biggest question of all...

• Upvote (+1) 5

How we even got onto this conversation is the biggest question of all...

It's even more interesting now that you're involved~

I'll uh, turn down the cringe sorry guys XD

More:

• 10 Assault Rifle Skins

• 7 Battle Rifle Skins

• 5 DMR Skins

• 5 SMG Skins

• 7 Magnum skins

So, here's a question. Do weapons PAST these have skins? Or is this just looking at loadout weapons? If so, how would one equip skins for other weapons, such as a Carbine, or Storm Rifle? Just spitballing, because these weapons had skins in Halo 4, so it seems weird to not have them here.

Storm Rifle, Carbine, etc. are not starting weapons, so there aren't a large variety of skins for them.

There will be variations of them in Warzone, so maybe a Carbine with a different scope or something like that, and those will have their own skins, but otherwise there won't be collectible skins for random weapons.

Side Note: I really hope that isn't the final count for Weapon Skins. Skins are something that I assume would be pretty easy to pump out, so 7 for the main Utility weapon is sorta weak to me.

Second Side Note: We all know this, but I hope 343 realizes that Halo 4's rise in BTB popularity wasn't entirely isolated.

The fans expecting a classic Halo 4v4 experience were let down and left the game. Casual players who didn't care stayed and played BTB. I really don't like Kevin showing off stats when they were influenced because of his/343's decisions

I wish in Halo 5 there were callouts like in Gears of War. Like when I assasinate someone I want there to be profanity. But unfortunately 343 needs to sell the mega blocks so the game has to be rated T.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Side Note: I really hope that isn't the final count for Weapon Skins. Skins are something that I assume would be pretty easy to pump out, so 7 for the main Utility weapon is sorta weak to me.

Second Side Note: We all know this, but I hope 343 realizes that Halo 4's rise in BTB popularity wasn't entirely isolated.

The fans expecting a classic Halo 4v4 experience were let down and left the game. Casual players who didn't care stayed and played BTB. I really don't like Kevin showing off stats when they were influenced because of his/343's decisions

combining all of the stuff he mentioned tells us that there 688 cards in the beta, I guess we have to add somewhat between 50-100 cards for armor mods/power-ups/boosts/Loadout weapons/etc which leaves us with at least 212 cards that probably include at least a few more skins.

You should watch the vid again, people didn't leave because they were let down, they left because they were losing/they were beeing attacked by kids :kappa:

Don't like the new emblem format

gkUDXTM.jpg

And they BETTER fucking have my cone emblem

Oh boy, first we have to stick to armor sets instead of customizing piece-by-piece, but now it's the same for emblems? I hope that's not how it works, because it's some shitty shit.

More:

• 10 Assault Rifle Skins

• 7 Battle Rifle Skins

• 5 DMR Skins

• 5 SMG Skins

• 7 Magnum skins

So, here's a question. Do weapons PAST these have skins? Or is this just looking at loadout weapons? If so, how would one equip skins for other weapons, such as a Carbine, or Storm Rifle? Just spitballing, because these weapons had skins in Halo 4, so it seems weird to not have them here.

I hope that isn't final. Assuming it is, they made 175 armor sets, 53 visors, and only 7 BR skins, 10 AR skins, 5 DMR skins, and so on? People are going to care more about their weapon skins than their armor since that's what they actually see. And there's no way that weapon skins take longer to make than an armor set. Weapon skins should have been the primary focus in terms of customization but it seems like it got put on the backburner. Odd move by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1