CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because it's a power weapon?

I think the one hit kill and longer melee range attest to that.

If they wanted to go a similar route with other power weapons they could give you camo when you have sniper or extra shields when you have rockets...and I better shut up because I'm probably giving them ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know why people keep comparing the game too cod for, it looks fuck like cod but it looks nothing like halo as well. It's some crazy new shit. I don't even know what too make of it.

It's exactly that; shit.

With all the hate about sprint it is kind of frustrating that H5 has it. I can´t understand the reasons behind this decision. H2A plays beautiful compared to H4..Why don´t they get it?

With all the hate about sprint it is kind of frustrating that H5 has it. I can´t understand the reasons behind this decision. H2A plays beautiful compared to H4..Why don´t they get it?

They do "get it". Everyone promised us that they "got it" after speaking to them at H4GC.

I don't know why people keep comparing the game too cod for, it looks fuck like cod but it looks nothing like halo as well. It's some crazy new shit. I don't even know what too make of it.

But cod invented ads, and is well known for its ground pound, slide, charge and thruster pack abilities

• Upvote (+1) 1

the prophet's bane is a different weapon than the energy sword, which is also in the game. the former has increased lunge when "scoped" apparently. source pulled from frankie on gaf and commentary on the midship game. 

basically plasma rifle vs plasma repeater/brute plasma rifle

New COD probably drops a few weeks later, the non-Halo playerbase won't be sticking around anyway.

But cod invented ads, and is well known for its ground pound, slide, charge and thruster pack abilities

almost took you srs there

• Upvote (+1) 1

I literally cannot stand how blatantly obvious it is when Goldenboy is trying to convince us that you can't just "Sprint around the map" and that "positioning is back" and all this other shit that is supposed to appeal to the competitive audience. 

It's so fake it almost hurts. 

I'm also pretty gutted with Quinn. "The Spartans are massive hulks that are super fast and agile and we wanted to put that into our game," DelHoyo said. "So Spartans now have infinite sprint. You can sprint anywhere you go."

Sorry I guessed I missed the part where Chief was super fast and agile in CE-3. How can you add all this shit in when literally the last four years have been feedback against these gimmicks...... COME ON.

The competitive community might be against sprint and even then not all of us are but casuals love that shit. I saw a guy on reddit say that H5 looks perfect and that he loved H4 so yeah not everyone dislikes sprint.

The competitive community might be against sprint and even then not all of us are but casuals love that shit. I saw a guy on reddit say that H5 looks perfect and that he loved H4 so yeah not everyone dislikes sprint.

I don't know I've seen plenty of casuals on neogaf, reddit, waypoint, and many others that seem to be just a disgusted with this as most of us.

Finally watched the videos. It's... A lot less bad than I was expecting.

The thing that immediately stood out was the shooting gap between even pro players - Roy was doing work whereas a lot of other players seemed to struggle to hit kill-shots.

Some of the announcing is still overdone and I'm not keen on the player models making callouts (I wonder if this could be automatically turned off if a player plugs a mic in so only micless players have their Spartan's make callouts for them?)

Kill times seem pretty good from what I could tell without explicit testing. I would have liked to see the Sniper Rifle, but hey it's Midship so that's not likely.

4 minutes seems quite long, but then again i could see the Sword lasting that long before running out of charge anyway so in this situation it's not so bad but I do hope it's not indicative of 343's overall approach towards timers, especially since they've made steps forward with static timers and telegraphing weapon spawns to all players.

No word or sight of powerups yet. I hope they realise that Halo without Camo and Overshield as map items to fight over feels like it's missing something important.

tl;dr - I think it has potential. Let's not make a mess of beta feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 9

/r/halo is being extremely positive about this. 343 does "get it", but unfortunately "getting it" does not always work in the competitive crowd's favour.

But that is exactly the type of player that will move on from Halo to the newest CoD or whatever after two months. The HALO community were the ones who kept Halo 3 in top 3 online for 2 years after it released, not the casuals. Catering to casual players is only good for extremely short term. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It doesn't even fucking matter if sprint is useful or not. The maps are still extremely huge and the base player speed is too slow

I don't give a fuck what the pros say. Which of them said that Bloom increases the skill gap in Reach? They are either paid by 343 or have no clue.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My only problem here is that it just simply doesn't feel like halo. Feels a lot more like some kind of hybrid between COD and Destiny. The thrusters and stuff look really good and balanced but it just doesn't look like a halo game...

I'd honestly mistake it for some other arena game like toxik or something...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Competitive CoD is an oxymoron. Its all about who gets the drop first. Not any true skill at all.

thats not the point of my post. clearly you missed it.

difference between Casual

CoD vs Comp CoD is nearly non-existent.

difference between Casual Halo vs Comp Halp is pretty well two different games. in regards to Hreach and H4.

Something that should not be.

Here are some other thoughts. 

Make ground pound only kill if it is a direct hit. There should be no splash damage on the ground pound so it will actually take skill to use it. The new gametype where everyone has 1 life per round should have normal health rather than half health as it looks like when watching the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

/r/halo is being extremely positive about this. 343 does "get it", but unfortunately "getting it" does not always work in the competitive crowd's favour.

You might as well start including the top tier Pro Players in that statement too.  While we haven't heard from all of them yet, it seems like they are in agreement that with small changes it works well in a competitive nature.

:goat:

• Upvote (+1) 2

You might as well start including the top tier Pro Players in that statement too.  While we haven't heard from all of them yet, it seems like they are in agreement that with small changes it works well in a competitive nature.

:goat:

Right, because we didn't hear this exact same shit before Halo 4's release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a positive note breakout looks like a fun game type however, I've played similar games in customs which makes me think it's not that really that new of a game type. I think halo5 will need good game types to be enjoyable. I'm sure they fixed KOTH and hopefully they did the same with oddball and ctf.