CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

???

They revealed WAY too much about the 'Ancient Evil' with Halo 4's marketing by literally showcasing the Didact's logo everywhere. It killed all surprise.

As for the ending being spoiled, there was a short clip in one of the vidocs which showed the script for the Didact/Chief/Cortana cutscene 'fight' on the final mission, specifically people could see this:

"In that case, you won't mind..." Cortana appears behind the Didact.

at all of the Cortanas emerging from the Bridge

"Compassion for mankind is misplaced." - Didact

"I'm not doing this for mankind." Chief then charges the Didact.

rushes towards Didact and jumps all over him (legs, arms, chest, back)

Several takes of "Cortana" tackling and climbing on random objects at full speed.

Didact is attacked by Cortana. He attempts to swat at Cortana as a means of self defense.

Didact unclenches his fist and drops Chief.

Cortana begins restraining Didact by constraining his limbs to the Bridge.

-Several takes of "Cortana" climbing on "Didact" actor and then...

a specific body part (head, back, waist, knees, ebows, shoulders)

-Didact struggle idle.

Chief is released

-Chief immobilised pose

-Chief falls, lands on edge

-Chief hanging idle

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/65887-halo-4-ending-may-have-leaked

They've been a lot smarter about it this time. We literally haven't seen anything of Blue Team or why they've gone AWOL and that's a good thing. Unfortunately that means most of their marketing has been on Locke and Osiris because they can't show Blue Team without spoiling it. People think they're making Locke the new main character but it's either that or they have the entire plot ruined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They revealed WAY too much about the 'Ancient Evil' with Halo 4's marketing by literally showcasing the Didact's logo everywhere. It killed all surprise.

As for the ending being spoiled, there was a short clip in one of the vidocs which showed the script for the Didact/Chief/Cortana cutscene 'fight' on the final mission, specifically people could see this:

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/65887-halo-4-ending-may-have-leaked

They've been a lot smarter about it this time. We literally haven't seen anything of Blue Team or why they've gone AWOL and that's a good thing. Unfortunately that means most of their marketing has been on Locke and Osiris because they can't show Blue Team without spoiling it. People think they're making Locke the new main character but it's either that or they have the entire plot ruined.

Precisely, which is why I'm fine with Locke being promoted. My problem is I feel like I've seen too much.

Like, I knew Chief and Locke would throw down, but I didn't want to see it in that cinema first look. However, I'm glad I'll be going in completely blind besides whatever has been officially released. Still haven't seen that Blue Team gameplay and won't.

Precisely, which is why I'm fine with Locke being promoted. My problem is I feel like I've seen too much.

Like, I knew Chief and Locke would throw down, but I didn't want to see it in that cinema first look. However, I'm glad I'll be going in completely blind besides whatever has been officially released. Still haven't seen that Blue Team gameplay and won't.

If you read the GameInformer article about that Blue Team mission, watching the gameplay won't give you any spoilers. Truthfully, the only *sort of* spoiler is right at the end of that gameplay, if you didn't read the article.

To be fair, the official released version of the first look removed those scenes entirely.

To be fair, the official released version of the first look removed those scenes entirely.

I saw the leaked cinema thing because it looked like just a reduced version of that Hero Reborn vidoc, until it got to the part where Chief and Locke started beating eachother

If you read the GameInformer article about that Blue Team mission, watching the gameplay won't give you any spoilers. Truthfully, the only *sort of* spoiler is right at the end of that gameplay, if you didn't read the article.

Describing it and seeing it are two different things, at least to me

Forge info...theater info? Seriously, im nervous about forge being the same.

Its 343, guaranteed to be completely different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we please go back to multiple people in theater. I wanna watch film with friends.

If we got this back I would be so happy.

I just want another huge map for Forge like Forge World. That would be prime

Eh, I like the idea of having a free slate for Forge, rather than limited geometry, like in H2A. It's cool to MAKE the geometry you play on, rather than having the map cluttered by ground space you might not even use. Of course, Halo 5 seems to have a mix of both, with the Breakout canvas being free, while the Orion/Pegasus maps are on a Forge World-esque map.

Eh, I like the idea of having a free slate for Forge, rather than limited geometry, like in H2A. It's cool to MAKE the geometry you play on, rather than having the map cluttered by ground space you might not even use. Of course, Halo 5 seems to have a mix of both, with the Breakout canvas being free, while the Orion/Pegasus maps are on a Forge World-esque map.

Agreed, but I miss having a big-ass map to make...well, big ass maps. 16 player hour long Forge battles were my fucking jam in Reach when it came out.

What I'm scared is 343 saying about multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups is just PR speak for more maps instead of being able to change that stuff in one map. Please don't be that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed, but I miss having a big-ass map to make...well, big ass maps. 16 player hour long Forge battles were my fucking jam in Reach when it came out.

What I'm scared is 343 saying about multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups is just PR speak for more maps instead of being able to change that stuff in one map. Please don't be that. 

When was this said? Lighting I remember was heavily implied from the beta, due to the obvious lighting change, but I don't remember the other two.

When was this said? Lighting I remember was heavily implied from the beta, due to the obvious lighting change, but I don't remember the other two.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/halo-5-guardians-pegasus-and-orion-maps-revealed-ign-first

"What about the Forge tools? How can we expect them to improve over previous incarnations? “We have made a number of improvements to usability as well as providing multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups for Forgers to build with,” he answered."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/05/halo-5-guardians-pegasus-and-orion-maps-revealed-ign-first

"What about the Forge tools? How can we expect them to improve over previous incarnations? “We have made a number of improvements to usability as well as providing multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups for Forgers to build with,” he answered."

Oooooooo~ Interesting. I do see what you mean when it sounds like it's for multiple maps, rather than changing things on one map, but from what we've seen in the beta, I'm going to guess they mean it's changing individual things in each of the multiple maps, rather than the terrain and such being different PER map, like the former.

Oooooooo~ Interesting. I do see what you mean when it sounds like it's for multiple maps, rather than changing things on one map, but from what we've seen in the beta, I'm going to guess they mean it's changing individual things in each of the multiple maps, rather than the terrain and such being different PER map, like the former.

PR speak is crafted in such a vague way to make me doubt whether or not it's talking of actual tools or maps, but Quinn, Tim, and Josh are the only people I really trust from 343, so I'll take his word for it.

I just want another huge map for Forge like Forge World. That would be prime

Forge world was needlessly large, so much so you could have 32v32 on there and it still wouldn't be large enough.

Don't misunderstand me, I want maps that are large, however just making maps large for the sake of it is pointless, and really they would be better of making 2 or 3 separate but distinct forge environments.

Having a decent amount of environmental pieces (rocks, trees, etc.) and having a few different weather cycles and time cycles (night, day, snow, sand, etc.) would do wonders in providing forgers with the necessary options to make maps look good, hell they might as well have made the warzone maps forge environments considering how large they were anyway.

Forge world was needlessly large, so much so you could have 32v32 on there and it still wouldn't be large enough.

Don't misunderstand me, I want maps that are large, however just making maps large for the sake of it is pointless, and really they would be better of making 2 or 3 separate but distinct forge environments.

Having a decent amount of environmental pieces (rocks, trees, etc.) and having a few different weather cycles and time cycles (night, day, snow, sand, etc.) would do wonders in providing forgers with the necessary options to make maps look good, hell they might as well have made the warzone maps forge environments considering how large they were anyway.

The point wasn't to use all of Forge World, but to have a map that you had the OPTION to. You could use one small part, or another, and never have to switch maps. I'm not saying I'd rather have this over 5 or 6 good forge canvases, but an extra Forge World remake would be badass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The point wasn't to use all of Forge World, but to have a map that you had the OPTION to.

Except you kind of couldn't because of the budget. I don't remember one map where it wasn't just one section of Forge World.

The point wasn't to use all of Forge World, but to have a map that you had the OPTION to. You could use one small part, or another, and never have to switch maps. I'm not saying I'd rather have this over 5 or 6 good forge canvases, but an extra Forge World remake would be badass.

Resource allocation. Any time a developer spends time and money on one part of the game that's time and money they could spend somewhere else, I would rather they invest on more unique and interesting forge canvases, instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.

Forge world wasn't even all that great to be honest, would've been amazing if you could go underwater and make a map like abyss (I think that's the name anyway) or you could go further up and make a map more spacey, hell even a cave (that forerunner looking one didn't count either) would've made it more interesting, it really wasn't anything spectacular outside of just being freakin huge.

budget was stupid, doubt they will even have it for 5 but we'll see.

Resource allocation. Any time a developer spends time and money on one part of the game that's time and money they could spend somewhere else, I would rather they invest on more unique and interesting forge canvases, instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.

Forge world wasn't even all that great to be honest, would've been amazing if you could go underwater and make a map like abyss (I think that's the name anyway) or you could go further up and make a map more spacey, hell even a cave (that forerunner looking one didn't count either) would've made it more interesting, it really wasn't anything spectacular outside of just being freakin huge.

budget was stupid, doubt they will even have it for 5 but we'll see.

It's Fathom.

• Upvote (+1) 1