CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You don't like them?

They're pointless. Quick backsmack is all that is needed. It sucks even more when you're just trying to melee and end up starting an animation. I either get it stolen or end up getting killed. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

To everyone, I'm mega hyped about the game but can't see myself buying this Day #1. Because of 343i's checkered past (Halo 4 losing 90% of the Community Population in 3 Months/ MCC horrendous release), I'm more inclined to sit back and listen to the reception of the game initially and then decide for myself.

I haven't watched a single trailer for the game aside from the commercials that aired during the Walking Dead's season finale.

With the new information that has come out in the past couple weeks, has it turned some of you into believers that this franchise can make a triumphant return to balanced competitive gaming while also making the experience(s) fresh?

Any and all input really helps. I'm actually looking into buying the Collector's Edition if all goes well (the game & reception).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You don't like them?

It is kind of a uselessly long animation for something a simple melee to the back accomplishes just as well. It's a mechanically empty gimmick that really offers no tangible benefit to the player, slows the game down, and has the potential to get them killed. Personally, they happen so infrequently that I don't really think they're all that horrible, but they don't really do very much good.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To everyone, I'm mega hyped about the game but can't see myself buying this Day #1. Because of 343i's checkered past (Halo 4 losing 90% of the Community Population in 3 Months/ MCC horrendous release), I'm more inclined to sit back and listen to the reception of the game initially and then decide for myself.

I haven't watched a single trailer for the game aside from the commercials that aired during the Walking Dead's season finale.

With the new information that has come out in the past couple weeks, has it turned some of you into believers that this franchise can make a triumphant return to balanced competitive gaming while also making the experience(s) fresh?

Any and all input really helps. I'm actually looking into buying the Collector's Edition if all goes well (the game & reception)

Triumphant? No.

Teetering on the edge of tolerability?

Yeah. Yeah, that's kind of what I think.

I think Halo 5 will come out, people will play it, and, if it isn't immediate shit, people will call it the best thing since sliced slices of bread...then promptly go on to play Battlefront or BlOps3 when they drop. The faithful who stay around will slowly begin to be grated by 5's insistence on spectacle and rigid adherence to awkward styles of play, and the game will just kind of fizzle out with even less fanfare than 4.

If there's a massive middle finger moment, like the MCC, 343 is done. Not even Waypoint will forgive them.

If we all live in a parallel universe where :holmes: is the incarnate son of Christ and his beads of sweat contain the cure for cancer and his cum radiates the secret of eternal life, then yeah. I could see Halo 5 keeping population for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Meh, I like assassinations. Quite fun to park a knife in the back of your head, rather than just backsmacking you. It's the ultimate embarrassment. Like insult to injury. I like that little personal aspect to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any and all input really helps. I'm actually looking into buying the Collector's Edition if all goes well (the game & reception).

I don't think the game is going to bomb out like h4 did but I also seriously doubt this game is going to bring halo back to what it once was.

I'd expect a reception along the lines of reach.

You can put different scopes on all the rifles along with recoil compensators, laser sights, immersion enhancement goggles, bayonets, etc.

no, you can't, weapons come with those things on their own and they can't be customized.

Also kind of odd that the br has a dmr scope in that pic, but it probably, like dmr having the br sight in the load out menu for warzone, means nothing and is just an oversight.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The campaign footage looks good. I hope there are a lot of big areas like this in the campaign.

My biggest worry is the enemy AI. I thought the enemies were great in Reach. They moved around a lot and chased you. Made the gameplay really dynamic.

I liked them in Destiny too. I think Destinys gameplay suffered a lot from the enemies being split into different factions which led to a bit less variety compared to halo.

The AI in Halo 5 look closer to Halo 4 than Reach imo. I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way I'm really excited about the campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no, you can't, weapons come with those things on their own and they can't be customized.

Also kind of odd that the br has a dmr scope in that pic, but it probably, like dmr having the br sight in the load out menu for warzone, means nothing and is just an oversight.

no you cannot...read those leaked pages for the basics of the REQ System, there are diffrent versions of weapons with attachments but you can not put attachments on weapons like you can do in Battlefield.

comment_FZcvAXYmNxAcwXFqlPtPW5HpHOTbfEXw

Come on, "immersion goggles" can he be any more obvious?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hopefully the new controller is improved so there are fewer accidental assassinations.

I view assassinations as similar to teabags or bodyshooting - just rubbing it in that someone got killed in a dumb way.

I like them :bravo:

Also, agree on Enemy AI. CE/Reach Elites > 

The footage looks like it's being played on easy . The beam rifle shot at the start only strips half his shield.

The AI will probably be a lot more difficult on Heroic/legendary.

You don't like them?

They would be fine if we could toggle them or have better control on when they happen. I swear every single time there are two enemies I can backwack the game just decides to do the animation. It makes it impossible to be sneaky when you're stuck in a 5 second animation. Have a toggle or don't have them at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Assassination are good to rub the salt. Like executions in GoW3

And it's always fun to get people salty

You can't just rub salt in the wound, you gotta go the extra mile and dump the Dead Sea in it.

yeah, I somehow missed that "immersion" part..

The amount of times 343 has justified their unnecessary additions to Halo 5 with "immersion", I can see why it can be easily overlooked.

Gah I just hope 2v2 makes it 2 arena day one. The maps we have seen so far look pretty okay for doubles.

Doubles was the most demanded playlist to be added into MCC, it makes sense for it to not be in Halo 5 from a 343 perspective.

I don't think the game is going to bomb out like h4 did but I also seriously doubt this game is going to bring halo back to what it once was.

I'd expect a reception along the lines of reach.

If we get reach's numbers a year after release, that would be amazing.

Covenant speaking english doesn't make any sense even lore wise 

but they work

I think 343 have done a better job making the dialogue much more fun than bungie did thus far 

Also Sanghelios looks stunning, I wish to see more covenant homeworlds in the future

They could have developed Translation software implemented into the Spartans suites.

Why are assassinations still a damn thing.....

I would mind if there was an option in gameplay that allowed you to turn them off... like 99% of the time i don't want them, but getting an animation at a bad time sucks 100% of the time.  Yet, i wouldn't mind turning them on when I'm styling in warzone or some crap.

In other news, In a world of "Immersion"  my question is, why are all the UNSC bases scaled up so big height wise?  I mean, we have spartans jumping 10feet that can't clear some of these obstructions and random 10-20feet drops everywhere.  I mean they should expect someone other then spartans to use these buildings right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I listed numerous reasons as to why I believe Halo 5 is better than Halo 3. Do you have another argument besides Sprint (which is debatable anyway)? Unless you have more I don't see how it can't be the case.

Also, if you are such a big fan of H3 then why are you advocating individual skill? H3 is team-shooting central. H5 is a good in-between when it comes to gunskill and team shooting, in my opinion.

H3 maps > H5 maps are just trash. From the beta maps to the ones revealed post beta. Awful and that's yer sprint you've got to thank for that

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The campaign footage looks good. I hope there are a lot of big areas like this in the campaign.
My biggest worry is the enemy AI. I thought the enemies were great in Reach. They moved around a lot and chased you. Made the gameplay really dynamic.
I liked them in Destiny too. I think Destinys gameplay suffered a lot from the enemies being split into different factions which led to a bit less variety compared to halo.

The AI in Halo 5 look closer to Halo 4 than Reach imo. I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way I'm really excited about the campaign.

Reach AI were garbage, CE AI's are easily the best in the franchise, H4 did good with friendly AI's though I thought because they had shields (doesn't matter now with 4 spartans but still) but in terms of intelligence AI's have been consistently trash since H2, probably on purpose.

As for the footage I enjoyed the large environments, agan CE had the largest open space out of any halo game (yes, even ODST) and as long as they don't just make negative spaces with nothing in them like they did in CE I think thats definitely a good thing.

The difficulty level was meh, frankly its hard to say, I'm sure halo 5 will have epic bosses (as what has been suggested with Warzone) and so I figure moments will be challenging with good portions being cakewalk, the fact the levels are more open is a huge improvement over H4, means less linearity and more dynamic gameplay mostly. One thing that kind of annoyed me was the barriers you had to break through, now I'm not saying I hate the idea entirely, I just wish they were more obscure and hid stuff (whether it be easter eggs or weapons) instead of just being arbitrary roadblocks that hinder your progression.

Quinn's influence on halo 5 definitely shows, he basically made it more similiar to gears campagins (which is good because coop was the most redeeming factor in those games) and some things like the abyss map look like depths and so on.

H3 maps > H5 maps are just trash.

The majority of H3's day one maps are sub-par. Isolation, Epitaph, Snowbound, Highground, and Construct aren't much to sneeze at. Most of the day-one maps in the Beta were enjoyable (besides Eden and Orion) compared to the aft mentioned. The only thing H3 has on 5 right now is all the good DLC maps that came along. I have a feeling that will change once we get to see the rest of the launch line-up.

• Upvote (+1) 1