CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

On a more important note, who's ready for the Chakas cameo in H5 :kappa:

Halo 5 better have a really grindy level with "hmmm mmm mmm mmmmm, ah, I am a genius" in the background.

• Upvote (+1) 2

New gameplay looks decent, looking forward to going through the campaign. Just hope most levels are as open as the one shown in that video.

Will Halo 5 be as good as Halo 3? Not from what I've seen. My concern is how many game breaking gimmicks are we going to have to deal with? With Halo 3, there was really only one gimmick, equipment. With Halo 5, we have several...sprint and thruster being the worst, but also ground pound, clamber, and stabilizer. I don't see how any of these improve gameplay. If 343 is so concerned about movement, all we need is a decent base movement, portals, man cannons, and properly sized maps.

As far as gunplay goes, what was great about Halo 3 was the AR wasn't overpowered, so people were more inclined to use their BR, which took skill to use. It was a satisfying feeling to "out-BR" someone. What scares me about Halo 5 is the footage being shown off is a weak and difficult to use pistol and an overpowered AR. If those are the starting weapons, I think people will be more inclined to use the AR as it's powerful and easy to use. They talk about this game being competitive out of the box, but I don't consider pray and spray weapons as competitive or satisfying to use.

I can see thruster being a good thing... if it weren't for the fact that you put your gun down. So the two main gimmicks are sprint and clamber as they effect map design.

Calling it now. Master Chief and Cortana will die in Halo 9, not including spin-offs. Master Chief isn't Mario, they can only push his age so far before it starts to get laughable.

How old is he? Around 50? Then we have to add 10 years because of Cortanas nagging. I know, I am married. So Halo 9 seems reasonable.

I can see thruster being a good thing... if it weren't for the fact that you put your gun down. So the two main gimmicks are sprint and clamber as they effect map design.

thrust probably has the most potential to be a beneficial ability for halo, as it stands you could probably do some cool things, but the majority of the time it's going to be used for peak shooting, which actually wouldn't be a problem on maps not designed with sprint in mind.

Thruster is such a quick movement that even if you were able to shoot while thrusting, I don't see how it'd be possible to be accurate with that shot. What concerns me about thruster is that it may turn into another "get out of jail free" card.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thruster is such a quick movement that even if you were able to shoot while thrusting, I don't see how it'd be possible to be accurate with that shot. What concerns me about thruster is that it may turn into another "get out of jail free" card.

not if its balanced correctly and maps aren't cluttered. I would shorten the distance, allow shooting, as well as crouching while thrusting both on the ground and in the air. This way it's more powerful as a combative mechanic than it is as a defensive one.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You do put your gun down though lol. So its a highly effective escape mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some decent Fathom gameplay by balanced teams. Skip to 22 seconds if you can't stand Greenskull's voice.

To be completely honesty honest, first 5 greenskull videos I ever watched ( warzone stuff) I swear to god He was saying

"SMACK THAT WHITE BOY" 

The whole time I was thinking, wtf...that is some weird uncomfortable joke that probably only the fans know about. 

I watched like 5 diff videos  (never finishing them), each time hearing "SMACK THAT WHITE BOY"

until this one video in the end he says in his normal voice "and please smack that like button"  

and everything just made sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just watched it and this mission takes place before the arbiter cutscenes we have seen already. He isn't dead, yay!

Would you really expect a grunt to be a reliable source of intel?

Would you really expect a grunt to be a reliable source of intel?

Meh. It wouldn't be the first thing that's been spoiled in a stupid way.

Never forget when 343 accidentally left a clip of Halo 4's script inside one of their vidocs which spoiled that Halsey was going to play some part in the plot as well as the sequence of events featuring the Didact on the final level.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/03/halo-4-script-segments-books-leaked-report/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit they are trying to throw all of their immersion into the multiplayer as possible.

I don't care if its nit-picky but all the added sounds, announcing and spartan chatter make the game sound ridiculous. The excessive medal announcements, "Last Shot!", "Perfect!", are obnoxious. I understand i just 4-shotted someone. The grunts are sounds the spartans make are honestly laughable. You make a grunt when you die, when you sprint, when you are taking damage, when you are weak and about to recover, when you throw grenades and when you even fucking jump.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The day I decide to travel on a 12 hour drive new shit gets released? Official shit?

Fuck my ass.

literally this car seat is killing me

Some decent Fathom gameplay by balanced teams. Skip to 22 seconds if you can't stand Greenskull's voice.

5:44ish when he the throws the nade and it hits his teammate and what the ai says :kappa: :kappa: :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you guys think that grenading weapons will be utilized in higher levels of H5 gameplay? Fathom strikes me as a map where this could be useful tool. It seems like you could grenade the sniper from almost anywhere on the map.