CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah it's not that shocking that sprint doesn't stop your shield from recharging in campaign, all that is is a balancing measure for mp, I see no reason for it to exist in sp.

Imo it would be a good way to develop useful habits for multiplayer.

As is it is now, I can see lots of players getting used to sprinting like crazy in Campaign, and then getting melted in multiplayer. Having the mechanics the same in both would teach players to be more careful with their sprinting.

Not immersive enough

#Wordsthatkilledvideogames

The new Doom has already been killed by this shit as well. Halo was arguably already killed by it in Reach when they tried to make things grittier and more "immersive". Just.Make.A.Good.Game. There is no magic ingredient like "immersion" that will get more people to play your game, the current crop of the most popular MP games now are there because of good-ole-fashioned quality level and gameplay design just like the old days. The most ironic thing is Halo is becoming the AAA poster-boy for trying to change too much to fit the trends and it has failed every step of the way thus far by any solid statistical measure. But I guess when you fail once,no wait... twice now...I guess third times the charm!

• Upvote (+1) 7

The new Doom has already been killed by this shit as well. Halo was arguably already killed by it in Reach when they tried to make things grittier and more "immersive". Just.Make.A.Good.Game. There is no magic ingredient like "immersion" that will get more people to play your game, the current crop of the most popular MP games now are there because of good-ole-fashioned quality level and gameplay design just like the old days. The most ironic thing is Halo is becoming the AAA poster-boy for trying to change too much to fit the trends and it has failed every step of the way thus far by any solid statistical measure. But I guess when you fail once,no wait... twice now...I guess third times the charm!

Just wait until all games are VR. Even more immersion than real life.

What's wrong with Doom 4? It looks a lot better and more like Doom and Doom II than 3 was.

Can you get a different BR scope in arena for Halo 5? Like I know ReQ packs give you different scopes for Warzone guns correct? Does that mean there will be different cosmetic scopes for Arena? Or is it just variants? Even still, what's up with all of that? 

"Making a game for everyone just means less of a game for anyone"

I love this guy!

Meh, I'm "eh" to him. Parts of his videos are just... Illogical. He bothers me. Quite a few parts in some vids are the result of selective reasoning. *Shrug*

I found past Halos were designed in that same manner that meant "less for anyone". Seriously, Halo was/is Halo, and had/has a ton of crap meant for everyone. Even its gameplay style pandered to, and still does pander to allowing most people easy access to multiplayer in its design. Easy to jump into, hard to master, easier more so if you have a BR. :PPPPPPPPPPPP #Shotsfired.

• Upvote (+1) 1

VR wont touch the "core" gamer market of those who spend 1000's of hours playing core video-games. Its really cool from what I have seen actually, I have no problem with new avenues in which people can enjoy interactive entertainment, but I dont expect VR will ever come close to matching the size of the "core" gamer market for a multitiude pf reasons.

I would honestly be surprised if VR or AR isn't the focus of AAA development by 2030. Other options will still exist, and hopefully games will just have a toggle to choose between VR/AR or a normal monitor setup, but it's only a matter of time until that's where the money's at.

Meh, I'm "eh" to him. Parts of his videos are just... Illogical. He bothers me. Quite a few parts in some vids are the result of selective reasoning. *Shrug*

I found past Halos were designed in that same manner that meant "less for anyone". Seriously, Halo was/is Halo, and had/has a ton of crap meant for everyone. Even its gameplay style pandered to, and still does pander to allowing most people easy access to multiplayer in its design. Easy to jump into, hard to master, easier more so if you have a BR. :PPPPPPPPPPPP #Shotsfired.

Elaborate plz

You don't actually think Cortana isn't coming back, do you?

Cortana is trapped in Windows 10. Clever Chief-buying-Windows-machine-to-investigate advert incoming. :kappa:

What's wrong with Doom 4? It looks a lot better and more like Doom and Doom II than 3 was.

....okay. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why do you think Doom 4 looks better than Doom I and II? Better yet, why do you think Doom 4 looks better than the two games that to this day, still have the best level design in video games? I'm genuinely curious what you have to say about this because I can't think of anything beyond it looking prettier.

Yeah it's not that shocking that sprint doesn't stop your shield from recharging in campaign, all that is is a balancing measure for mp, I see no reason for it to exist in sp.

Because 343 never stops ranting about having consistent traits.

Can you get a different BR scope in arena for Halo 5? Like I know ReQ packs give you different scopes for Warzone guns correct? Does that mean there will be different cosmetic scopes for Arena? Or is it just variants? Even still, what's up with all of that?

ugh no, you don't get different attachments.

....okay. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why do you think Doom 4 looks better than Doom I and II? Better yet, why do you think Doom 4 looks better than the two games that to this day, still have the best level design in video games? I'm genuinely curious what you have to say about this because I can't think of anything beyond it looking prettier.

I don't think he said it was better than Doom 1 and 2, only that it looks better than Doom 3.

a bunch of animations for shit, not to mention no esports support and a loadout based mp.

Is Doom really known all that well for mp?

I mean I love Doom 1 and 2 and I thought Doom 3 was fantastic even though it wasn't really a Doom game. Didn't even know they had multiplayer.

You only use the standard BR in Arena, unless the map designer places a variant on the map.

I mean I love Doom 1 and 2 and I thought Doom 3 was fantastic even though it wasn't really a Doom game. Didn't even know they had multiplayer.

doom is famous for inventing death match.

The majority would rather play a good single player experience. It practically invented FPS multiplayer, but you should just play Quake if you want a game like that.

I was watching Ryanoobs stream yesterday and he was talking about how some of the current best snipers like Snipedown and Royal 2 would betray their teammates for sniper to get as much practice as possible before they were pro. Now that Halo 5 tells you when it spawns 10 secs before, you'll see all the future Snipedown's huddled together on snipe spawn. Now I see how the plasma caster can be one of the most powerful weapons in the game :ghost: