CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just checked, it's true. :(

Sorry guys.

Well that's a shame.

Now I'm worried about the lack of information - they've got three more Warzone maps to reveal and they need to show gameplay for five of them

Sorry guys.

It really would be nice if 343 just said something as simple as "You will know a lot about Forge, Theater, and Customs this month." We're not asking for specific info, 343. These are huge chunks of the game that we know nothing about when the game is going gold in a few weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry guys.

Thanks for the information; as much as I would have preferred it reveal the opposite.

In that case, when will another of the development deep-dive Waypoint blogs be posted? The first which concerned co-op was described as the 'first in a series' and yet, as far as I'm aware, we haven't seen any new blog posts on that level (the interviews in the weekly community updates, while nice, are not quite the same thing in my opinion).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who even cares about Assassins Creed anymore? There isn't even enough content to last a month in those games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder what the reveal for tomorrow is then? Probably some type of campaign stuff I assume? 

There's a reveal tomorrow for Halo?

I wonder what the reveal for tomorrow is then? Probably some type of campaign stuff I assume? 

There's a reveal?

Dude, I'd say people aren't harsh enough on Greenskull. He sings 343's praises to the moon and back and will never give it you straight due to the conflict of interest. That and his condescending attitude when it comes to people being mad about MCC's launch makes him look douchey in my opinion.

The fact that the only major YouTubers we have is a guy with some stupid click bait titles and a uber fanhoe is very disappointing.

So they can't take out sprint because "they want the game to be the same across all modes"

But they have no problem putting armor abilities, perks, load outs and who the fuck knows what else in warzone, and then literally forcing the community to play it by not putting BTB in at launch. Truly disgusting.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah. There are two different types of REQ cards - persistent and single-use. An example of persistent would be a regular BR spawning weapon which would replace one of your two primary weapons. Single-use would be the AR Bayonet or something like Kelly's shotgun.

I don't know if single-use will initially use your REQ power to use it, though.

AR Bayonet (and other Loadout Weapon variants) have not been confirmed as single use yet. They will probably be unlimited use like the regular AR.

Loadout also doesn't require REQ Energy but you do have to be a certain REQ Level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they can't take out sprint because "they want the game to be the same across all modes"

But they have no problem putting armor abilities, perks, load outs and who the fuck knows what else in warzone

Ya, I thought that was funny as well.

Warzone has all kinds of differences between it and Arena. There is no consistency, and yet they have to keep sprint in arena because of consistency.

Oh, 343. You so funny.

• Upvote (+1) 4

AR Bayonet (and other Loadout Weapon variants) have not been confirmed as single use yet. They will probably be unlimited use like the regular AR.

Ya. I would assume it will be just like COD AW. Where you would get your boxes or w/e the hell they are called. Inside them you'd get new variants of weapons which you could just use forever.

But they have no problem putting armor abilities, perks, load outs and who the fuck knows what else in warzone, and then literally forcing the community to play it by not putting BTB in at launch. Truly disgusting.

there's still other things to play. Something we should really, REALLY keep in mind.

Also I think they meant they wanted player traits to be the same, things like a currency system for weapons, gear and vehicles can vary based on gametype.

Loadout also doesn't require REQ Energy but you do have to be a certain REQ Level.

req cards only stay in your inventory for a single match, the match in which you use them, then you have to get that card again. We don't know whether weapon variants of loadout varients are limited or unlimited within that one match.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

req cards only stay in your inventory for a single match, the match in which you use them, then you have to get that card again. We don't know whether weapon variants of loadout varients are limited or unlimited within that one match.

Weapon variants are permanent

Loadout Weapons: Permanent

Loadout Variant Weapons: Unconfirmed

Power Weapons: Single Use

Power Weapon Variants: Single Use

Vehicles/Powerups: Most likely Single Use

Armor Mods?: Unconfirmed (I'd probably guess permanent if they are little things like H4, such as faster reload, carry one extra grenade, etc.)

Weapon variants are permanent

pretty sure that every req card earned can only be used in one match before you lose it. I have to watch the rul req pack video again.

pretty sure that every req card earned can only be used in one match before you lose it. 

They don't disappear if you don't use them within your match, they will last until you decide them to use them in whatever Warzone game you want.

I have to watch the rul req pack video again.

Don't do that, he speculates on certain points.

They don't disappear if you don't use them within your match, they will last until you decide them to use them in whatever Warzone game you want.

Don't do that, he speculates on certain points.

that's what I mean, it goes away after you use it, wonder how many packs we can stack when we don't use them.

that's what I mean, it goes away after you use it, wonder how many packs we can stack when we don't use them.

You'll probably use them up before you could hit the cap for stacks of cards.

(If you aren't playing Warzone, you'd dismantle your Warzone cards for cosmetic items in Arena)

Armor Mods will be in Warzone? Ugh.

I'm so bored of hearing about that mode. I have all that comm chatter burned into my brain at this point.

"Level __ REQs available."

"Baaron(?) Syrome is at the __."

"We've taken the __."

"Enemy has taken the __."

"We've lost the __."

"Knight Enforcer spotted at the __."

make it stop

• Upvote (+1) 2

God that mode sounds like a complete farce.

It's the mode designed to make money through micro transactions to fund DLC and tournaments.

We should be thankful for Warzone and it's semi pay to win style.