CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

annnd everyone probably got off to play mcc lol

One word - sprint.

We are most definitely not back.

lol climbing on shit? god i hate that shit

I think I'll wait until the beta to make impressions. If you read the articles, it isn't as bad as it may sound, although there are many things that I would like changed.

CoD went through it's own changes. It had no sprint to begin with in the earlier CoDs and now AW has thrusters on the characters. Games need to innovate in order to sell. 

NO

I would have bought XB1, MCC, and H5 if H5 in any way felt like Halo.

I will not buy an XB1, MCC, nor H5 (that is right, I won't buy any of those things) BECAUSE they innovated Halo into CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

annnd everyone probably got off to play mcc lol

lol climbing on shit? god i hate that shit

I don't think I've ever been playing Halo and thought, "Man, I'd love to be able to climb up there."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't believe people are even comparing this to H4 or HR. You can tell this is better:

1) Lower aim-assist. Guns take skill.

2) No armor abilities/loadouts.

3) No random/personal ordnance.

4) No bloom.

5) Fewer defensive abilities.

6) Faster gameplay.

Smart-scope needs to be taken out - that's adding the COD feel too much for me. The beta will help work things out.  :weback:

Smart Scope alone overrides 1-6. Its that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My actual legit impressions:

For all I know there could be a very solid game mechanically deep in there. But with every new thing you add with no prior reference to how it might work out in a unique game like Halo, it becomes exponentially more difficult to build a balanced game. And there is a ton of new shit in this game. My hopes are not high. It's going to come down to how far 343 is willing to go with the changes after the beta, and my guess is not far enough.

The classic Halo formula will never return. Never. Thank god for MCC.

Also reminder to @Cursed Lemon that he promised on Bomb Planted after the MCC reveal that he would buy H5 even if it was hot garbage  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 2

NO

I will not buy an XB1, MCC, nor H5 (that is right, I won't buy any of those things) BECAUSE they innovated Halo into CoD.

Just curious, what do you envision your Halo 5 to be? Say something besides no sprint because that is an obvious pick that everyone will agree with here. 

Can't believe people are even comparing this to H4 or HR. You can tell this is better:

1) Lower aim-assist. Guns take skill.

2) No armor abilities/loadouts.

3) No random/personal ordnance.

4) No bloom.

5) Fewer defensive abilities.

6) Faster gameplay.

Smart-scope needs to be taken out - that's adding the COD feel too much for me. The beta will help work things out.  :weback:

Crawling all over walls.

ADS

Sounds like CoD comm links

Fat ass maps

Ground pounding awesomeness....

no

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just curious, what do you envision your Halo 5 to be? Say something besides no sprint because that is an obvious pick that everyone will agree with here. 

Clan Matches

Improved Forge

A great Spectator Mode

Online LeaderBoards

no ADS in any form

Improved theater

Custom control layouts

Not one of these were mentioned or seen. Instead we got:

Abilities

FAKE ADS that take up space

Sword that has terrible lighting and is 70% of the screen

300% bigger Midship

Messed Spawn scoreboard 

Double sprint (Default and ability)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it looks really good. Its different? So what.

Looks to me like everything is really balanced and I like that it seems more fast paced than pervious titles.

And the smart scope is literally just a different UI for the aiming that has already been used in every game, saying it looks identical to cod because of that 1 graphical change is ********.

Looking forward to playing the beta

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think I've ever been playing Halo and thought, "Man, I'd love to be able to climb up there."

Gotta get that Mirrors Edge audience now since they have made cod and will get their audience. Look forward to Halo 6 having wall bouncing to grab the GoW audience; a musical instrument that brings a gungoose to your side to grab the Zelda audience; and the whole boxes and keys type thing to grab the Counter Strike crowd. Make sure not to look forward to anything halo related though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everything is so questionable. Why can't we have some FUCKING news that makes us say "Whoa! You added what we wanted and made it better!"

The problem is that no one here wants ANYTHING added, they just want things removed so that the game goes back to Old Halo.  This ties into my point.  You are under the impression that Microsoft is going to allow them to release a cash-cow game in 2015 that uses movement and gameplay mechanics from 2004.  You simply can not do that if you want to sell a billion copies of this game, which is what their end-goal is.  You have to come to grips with the fact that they have to appear to be moving the mechanics and gameplay into this generation.  Sprinting, sliding, mantling, thrusting around....this is all new-generation movement mechanics that are at this point a necessity.  If you don't put shit like that into your game, the casual consumer is going to say: "Wait, I can Sprint in all those other games, I can fly around in CoD and slide, I can hover around in Destiny, I can run on walls in Titanfall.....why can I only walk and jump in Halo"?

Everyone knows that simplicity leads to more structured (and thus competitive) gameplay.  The problem is that technological advancements make simplicity in console gaming a death-trap.  You are always pressed to show off the NEW things that new tech allows you to do.

You want me to break your heart? If Bungie could technologically implement thrusting and all this new shit into Halo CE and/or Halo 2, they would have done it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just want H2A to be improved with more maps remaked.

Ingame clans just like original H2.

The perfect playlists over all games.

Forge updates with more blocks :o

And i am ready for the future for 7 years.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1441/1109/original.jpg

this is one control scheme available. Found this on ign comment section.

Sorry if this has been previously posted.

The fact that we have to hold the trigger to aim is horrid. Just takes up a useful trigger on the controller. Jump back on A where you have to take you thumb off and it sounds like it will be used a lot given the clamber. Sounds terrible

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crawling all over walls.

ADS

Sounds like CoD comm links

Fat ass maps

Ground pounding awesomeness....

no

You know arena shooters are meant to be fast right?...

NO

How can you feel how the game plays when you when you haven't even played it yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game, graphically, is insane. I absolutely hated Halo 4's art style, how it diverged immensely from Bungie's games, how 343i displayed an incapability of making metal look metallic; but this... Look at this! Look at it, THAT is delicious! THAT is Halo.

And it's a damn shame too, because this isn't. I don't have time to go indepth into why this is so, but I'll definitely make a full analysis of the impact of each addition at a later time. I will say that if 343i removes ADS, cosmetic or no, this game would look 10x better, and if they remove Sprint and shrink maps, it would be 1000x better, and I would buy it without hesitation. The ground pound definitely needs a nerf, but if executed right it could add an interesting dynamic to CQC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My honest opinion:

If this wasn't Halo, I would be ecstatic. But this is Halo, so I'm a little bit bummed that Halo's iconic, original multiplayer will not be returning in a future Halo title. But, I'm going to accept it, play the beta, see what can be improved, try to improve it, and carry on with my life. Guys, a great Halo game just released today. Stop complaining and go play some real Halo!

• Upvote (+1) 2

The problem is that no one here wants ANYTHING added, they just want things removed so that the game goes back to Old Halo.  This ties into my point.  You are under the impression that Microsoft is going to allow them to release a cash-cow game in 2015 that uses movement and gameplay mechanics from 2004.  You simply can not do that if you want to sell a billion copies of this game, which is what their end-goal is.  You have to come to grips with the fact that they have to appear to be moving the mechanics and gameplay into this generation.  Sprinting, sliding, mantling, thrusting around....this is all new-generation movement mechanics that are at this point a necessity.  If you don't put shit like that into your game, the casual consumer is going to say: "Wait, I can Sprint in all those other games, I can fly around in CoD and slide, I can hover around in Destiny, I can run on walls in Titanfall.....why can I only walk and jump in Halo"?

Everyone knows that simplicity leads to more structured (and thus competitive) gameplay.  The problem is that technological advancements make simplicity in console gaming a death-trap.  You are always pressed to show off the NEW things that new tech allows you to do.

You want me to break your heart? If Bungie could technologically implement thrusting and all this new shit into Halo CE and/or Halo 2, they would have done it.

I 100% disagree with you that you can't have the original style gameplay to sell the game and have it sell a billion copies. 100 people like Halo 4. Next to no one plays it. It was the highest selling Halo game ever. I guarantee any game with Halo will sell those huge numbers that they need. There is literally no reason to add all this shit in that most everyone doesn't want in halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you voted "I am waiting to play before I make my decision"

It really means "Oh please dear god I really hope it doesn't play as dumb as it looks"

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1