CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

the dude was standing still, I doubt he would've missed.

Still when it comes to competitive play its effectiveness would be determined by how quick and easy it is to use too. If the gun takes 20 seconds to line up a kill because of the lack of magnetism or sticking ability with the explosives it will get tossed for better alternatives. In a social sense I couldn't see it being much of a problem but weapons need to be convenient for competitive lethality.

how much you willing to bet that if he hit him with one overcharge it would've killed him?

The weapon sucks so much in single shot mode that it takes forever to kill a player that isn't even playing.

You really need to stop trying to defend every single fault this game has, because it doesn't exactly give your opinion any credibility.

Unless the "pro" gameplay we were promised literally changes everything about how weak and useless the weapon looks right now, its going to be one of the most useless "power weapons" in Halo ever created.

Sure people took a while to figure out the grenade launcher, but it's immediately obvious that the plasma caster and the grenade launcher are world's apart in strength and usefulness.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In today's world of console gaming, if the game has a large dip in population, then no changes will bring it back. The series will just be irrelevant in terms of news and competitive play for another two years.

This is especially relevant considering the number of AAA titles coming out within a 6 month period of Halo 5's release. Either get it right the first time or adios.

The weapon sucks so much in single shot mode that it takes forever to kill a player that isn't even playing.

You really need to stop trying to defend every single fault this game has, because it doesn't exactly give your opinion any credibility.

Unless the "pro" gameplay we were promised literally changes everything about how weak and useless the weapon looks right now, its going to be one of the most useless "power weapons" in Halo ever created.

Sure people took a while to figure out the grenade launcher, but it's immediately obvious that the plasma caster and the grenade launcher are world's apart in strength and usefulness.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I'm not defending anything here you dumbass all I'm pointing out was how terribly the person used the weapon itself, I've admitted before that it could probably use a buff anyway, and I've said before what I dislike about the game and have brought up what I would do differently in the past, like many times. If that doesn't convince you take a look at my fucking avatar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not defending anything here you dumbass all I'm pointing out was how terribly the person used the weapon itself, and I've said before what I dislike about the game and have brought up what I would do differently in the past, like many times. If that doesn't convince you take a look at my avatar.

From my point of view you were defending the weapon. Ease up on the  :flames: though...

From my point of view you were defending the weapon. Ease up on the  :flames: though...

the gun needs a buff, but I'm just saying he probably would've killed the afk in like half the time had he not wasted all his ammo shooting normally.

They shouldn't of introduced so many different types of "Halo". That's why no one can agree. Halo CE-4 have had how many utility weapons? How many different settings? There is no "Halo" it's only on a game to game basis at this point.

It is one of those unpopular opinions I tend to hold onto:  Forge and customs options is a double edged sword.  It provides the opportunity to play the game they way you want but at the same time it can be a catalyst for division within the community.  With the option to toggle spartan abilities off, especially sprint, that divide is going to be quick and wide.  I am willing to bet there are going to be people playing no sprint, no abilities, BR starts custom games day one.  The arguments will start to fly with in 24hrs

It is going to be interesting for sure.  It maybe the most heated discussions we seen ever in the franchise history

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I'm not defending anything here you dumbass all I'm pointing out was how terribly the person used the weapon itself, I've admitted before that it could probably use a buff anyway, and I've said before what I dislike about the game and have brought up what I would do differently in the past, like many times. If that doesn't convince you take a look at my fucking avatar.

Seems like I wasn't the only one who read your post that way. That said, you really need to chill out.

Seems like I wasn't the only one who read your post that way. That said, you really need to chill out.

fine, I worded it badly then, but if you're going to criticize me, at least criticize me about things I've actually done.

My username in that thread is Benemy. I've pretty much given up on r/Halo

Hmmmm

Brother, is that you?

Interesting. Kind of sad that I have to look forward to leaks that potentially could come at the end of this month. But yeah you know, I want to see forge. 

I'm pretty sure the intent is that the launcher aspect of the Plasma Caster is more of a spam weapon to clean up kills or damage a room. The charge shot is more for a targeted kill.

Plus in he missed a lot of those shots in that video.