CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why didn't they just brought back the Rail Gun instead?

-Skill requirement

-Useful in all ranges

You can't be serious. That weapon legit got on my nerves because of how easy it was to use compared to how powerful it was

I consider Towey to be a very solid player in his own right. After watching that gameplay, I saw multiple occasions where he struggled to use the pistol and even the sniper. Obviously he was playing in a loud congested environment and it may have had an effect on his play, but I think this is a great sign that this game will be one of the more skillful Halos.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You can't be serious. That weapon legit got on my nerves because of how easy it was to use compared to how powerful it was

Sounds liked someone put a beating on you using a rail gun

I liked the timing it required using it and when released it's the most satisfying thing in H4

I consider Towey to be a very solid player in his own right. After watching that gameplay, I saw multiple occasions where he struggled to use the pistol and even the sniper. Obviously he was playing in a loud congested environment and it may have had an effect on his play, but I think this is a great sign that this game will be one of the more skillful Halos.

Dunno if you saw it but someone posted this earlier.

Of course the BR cult is probably going to push for BR starts anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sounds liked someone put a beating on you using a rail gun

I liked the timing it required using it and when released it's the most satisfying thing in H4

Nah it wasn't anything like that. Usually it would come up when I was playing with my cousin and we'd give each other shit if we somehow missed with it. Sometimes it just felt dirty shooting the slow moving spartans with this railgun that had what felt like ungodly amounts aim assist/bullet magnetism. I think the most fun I had with it was trying to pre fire people in doubles or something silly like that. Free kills though if you didn't get team shot/they weren't standing next to something to duck behind.

I think I'd be 100% okay with the weapon if it were harder to actually land the shot with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dunno if you saw it but someone posted this earlier.

Of course the BR cult is probably going to push for BR starts anyways.

What a great gif 

Is that low magnetism i am witnessing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, but you're wrong here. In fact 343 Pro Team feels the caster is arguably the most powerful weapon in the game. You just need to know how to use it and the skill gap between someone who knows how to use it and someone just picking it up is huge.

I predict that it will be ignored initially until a subset of players master it and start dominating. Once players realize how powerful and versatile it is in the right hands, they'll put in the time to become adept at using it.

Even though I've never used the Caster, I can vouch for the same thing happening in Halo: Reach with the grenade launcher.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Sorry, but you're wrong here. In fact 343 Pro Team feels the caster is arguably the most powerful weapon in the game. You just need to know how to use it and the skill gap between someone who knows how to use it and someone just picking it up is huge.

I predict that it will be ignored initially until a subset of players master it and start dominating. Once players realize how powerful and versatile it is in the right hands, they'll put in the time to become adept at using it.

Excited to hear this. Looking forward to seeing that myself once the game launches!

Is the Hydra better than in the beta? Most of the time it was easier to just shoot someone with a BR then try and use it.

-snippet-

Welp there we go 

I'm glad that this is the case

I love them powerful weapons in my shooters

Ok, I was lowkey thinking everyone was exaggerating when you all wanted the pistol to be a 4sk... After seeing multiple good players play, seeing how not easy it is to aim AND sprint/thrusts... I want a 3sk. Holy shit

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok, I was lowkey thinking everyone was exaggerating when you all wanted the pistol to be a 4sk... After seeing multiple good players play, seeing how not easy it is to aim AND sprint/thrusts... I want a 3sk. Holy shit

Legendary pistol starts FTW  :goat:

Not sure if you have answered this question before but after watching Towey's vid there seems to be no assist medals. Will it come back for the final build? I've said this before as have many that have posted before but I sure hope there are lots of options within the menu systems in H5. (Audio, medals, etc).  Thanks 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legendary pistol starts FTW  :goat:

I called it the second Legendary weapons were announced.. If it happens.. holy shit.

I also called pistol starts the first day I played the beta and look at that

No, it's useless period.

No, its not useless period. Its not as powerfull as a rocket or snipe, but definitly not useless.

You just need to know when and how to use it. I made killstreaks with it. Its a bit like the Halo 3 needler. Looks like a useless weapon first, but it just really depends on when you use it. You need to use it in open areas and long hallways that fathom definitly has. The needler for example was almost useless on H3 Guardian, but on Isolation for example it was a really good weapon to kill enemies in the open.

I think it only takes 2 body shots with it to kill someone. An enemy in a more open area is a free kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78aXNWDSU-0

I agree with you here. The railgun ruined the doubles playlist. All you had to do was using Promethian Vision + amo perk and then get the railgun. Free win. It was also a very hosty weapon. I remember going into cinema a lot just to see how I perfectly bodyshot someone and he didnt took any damage.

But I played quite a few custom games with the modded EU settings. (No sprint and less auto aim)

And without that auto aim I missed a lot of shots with the railgun. It was a really hard to use and satisfying weapon all of a sudden.

-

I know you guys are very very busy right now and its amazing that you are here talking to us. :)

But I have one really really important question:

Are you guys aware of the flawed reputation system on XBL? It currently hinders me and many others to play Halo MCC and it will break my heart if Halo 5 Guardians comes out and I will not be allowed to play/play with my friends because of false reports.

I know you guys at 343i have nothing to do with the rep system, but what you could do is allow people with red reputation to normally search in matchmaking till the problem is fixed.

Good Halo players and Gears of War players get blocked and reported by salty people just because they are better at the game.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10235-xbox-live-blocking-now-preventing-halo-mcc-matchmaking/

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/98be6d5e03f642a5b8b561883802d401/threads/matchmaking-ban-b-c-of-false-negative-reputation-update-4-tweet-from-rod-fergusson/1d74ed3f-6e54-45d2-9fd3-35042b5f6caf/posts

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 was nowhere as bad, and no scoping didn't have recoil on it at all. Watch this (slow it down and pay close attention) and see how wild the reticle goes after a no scope. He tries to adjust his aim afterwards (can't tell if it's him doing it or the game) but as he tries to recover, he's way off-target. To me, it's counter-intuitive. It's "realism" that's detrimental to the game. I don't see how it makes sense not to be able to adjust your aim after shooting because you don't know where the recoil will place it. It's hard enough to do minute adjustment while sniping and no-scoping, having to factor in massive recoil on top of it is just dumb and frustrating.

It's an obvious handicap because you can't adjust your aim with precision while your opponent is still moving around and shooting back.

Look again at how far off target this shot is... 

793dbf00b2948e6fcb76c31e652b7e46.png

It's enough to obstruct the head of your opponent and make them a harder target. It's not about being blind as it is about Halo not needing something like this. I mean at some point we had people spawning with camo and dropping themselves snipers in their base. That's when sniper glint would have mattered. Now it's just a backwards mechanics that will ruin a Team Snipers mode if it ever happens.

I have no idea what it was, it could have been a melee lunge, it could have been nothing. All I see is that the reticle was way off target (it was in Unyshek's lastest video) and aiming at nothing, and the game still registered it as a headshot for some reason. I looked at it a few times frame-by-frame, and it's definitely not shooting the dude in the head.

Got nothing.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Railgun reskinned as harpoon gun as the legendary weapon of that map.

Then you get the medal "Moby Dick" for spearing someone (Ohohohohohohohoh~~~~~~~~) with it. Yeah, get a medal for spearing someone with a metal shaft. Perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just don't put it in any showers, away from all the action ;b

Legendary pistol starts FTW   :goat:

Can't wait.