CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just noticed that the radar doesn't have the arrows on the dots to know if someone is above or below you. Has it always been this way on H5?

The beta had the above/below arrows. Also, the beta radar range was 30m; in this footage, it's 18m. Interesting.

why would you get a medal for killing some one who isn't facing you and cant shoot at you if they were. Seems pointless to me.

b04d21bc913f7c4a9d608908dcd8e59e.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

why would you get a medal for killing some one who isn't facing you and cant shoot at you if they were. Seems pointless to me.

I was literally about to mention that. Medals aren't rewards anymore they are more like a spreadsheet on how you played. Shameful really.

The beta had the above/below arrows. Also, the beta radar range was 30m; in this footage, it's 18m. Interesting.

I thought the beta did but I wasn't sure. The smaller radar range is a welcomed change.

medals since reach have been more of like a description of what you did than a reward, like, great, he was reloading what was special about that?

After seeing that Fathom gameplay I love how the precision weapons seem hard to use, but it's kind of pointless if it's so easy to rack up kills with automatics, the SMG in particular.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Somewhat trivial thing, but why does the death screen say "Respawn Available in [seconds]," as if you had to opt-in to respawn, or had the choice to not respawn? It should just say "Respawn in [seconds]," like every other Halo.

After seeing that Fathom gameplay I love how the precision weapons seem hard to use, but it's kind of pointless if it's so easy to rack up kills with automatics, the SMG in particular.

I just want to see an newer build, this is the e3 one if I'm not mistaken.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know if you can look at the scoreboard and move at the same time?

From the gameplay posted earlier, it doesn't seem like you can. Shame.

I just want to see an newer build, this is the e3 one if I'm not mistaken.

Aright, my bad, I thought it was a newer build. Just gotta wait and see then.

Does anyone know if you can look at the scoreboard and move at the same time?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember doing that in the beta.

Edit: I'm fairly certain you can based on a second I saw from the gameplay posted earlier.

How long can you guys take rounding a corner and losing to someone WORSE than you just because they have an SMG/AR? The thought of weapons beat weapons instead of skill beats skill makes me not even want to buy this game anymore.

I don't entirely disagree with your post, but how would you have designed the automatics in Halo 5?  What would you change here?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody else really hoping that the Red and Blue team logos get changed before launch? Not a big fan of the current ones.

Yes. It looks like they went scrolling through a font list and settled on something vaguely serviceable before lunch break until they had time later in the day to make something that looks good...except that never happened. They look horrible. I don't even get why the logos are necessary. I guess they think it makes it feel more like an "arena" to have a more fully realized Red team and Blue team via team logos? I don't know. Reserve it for Breakout, if you're going to do it. I feel the same way about the spartan intros and outros.

Also, I don't like how your team is always on top on the on-HUD scoreboard. It's much more intuitive to have the winning team on top, like in every other Halo (maybe not H4?). Makes the little arrow redundant anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also, I don't like how Red team is always on top on the on-HUD scoreboard. It's much more intuitive to have the winning team on top, like in every other Halo (maybe not H4?).

I'm pretty sure the way they have it is so the team you're on is always showing on top... which is kinda weird since there's already an arrow showing which team you're on next to the scoreboard. It looks really weird when you're losing too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did they get rid of the arrows in radar to show who is above and below you? I always thought that made the radar too cluttered and confusing. Reach radar was perfect.

I'm pretty sure the way they have it is so the team you're on is always showing on top... which is kinda weird since they're already an arrow showing which team you're on next to the scoreboard. It looks really weird when you're losing too.

Ah you're right! Just as silly. The winning team should always be on top. Editing previous post now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they get rid of the arrows in radar to show who is above and below you? I always thought that made the radar too cluttered and confusing. Reach radar was perfect.

Yes they got rid of that. Now it's just a circle whether they are above or below you... the way I like it.

Yes they got rid of that. Now it's just a circle whether they are above or below you... the way I like it.

Ah okay, I like how Reach will show a faded circle if they're below or a diamond if they're above. Simple and effective. But glad they're doing away with the ugly confusing arrows at least.

One of my biggest gripes with this game is the hitmarker indicators when you land a shot instead of actual visual feedback like a shield pop. 

It makes guns like the pistol so utterly incoherent to shoot, there's no muzzle-to-helmet tactile continuity that a player can use to make shooting the gun coherent and adjust their aim accordingly. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

One of my biggest gripes with this game is the hitmarker indicators when you land a shot instead of actual visual feedback like a shield pop.

It makes guns like the pistol so utterly incoherent to shoot, there's no muzzle-to-helmet tactile continuity that a player can use to make shooting the gun coherent and adjust their aim accordingly.

isn't there shield flickering as well though?