CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey dont ya'll think that 343 is selling locke a little to hard? Am not hatein, I did like him at first but as times has gone on I feel that they been raming him down are necks. Am cool with new people coming into main parts of halo but as I talk to more people I find that they seem to be trying at every turn to hit us with more locke, I just think they should waited till halo 6 to be selling him this much to see how we all like him in a game or is that just me?

I think they're just introducing him and letting people get familiar with him. People who haven't watched Nightfall don't really have a clue about him IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I sill think H5 looks awesome..

At the very least it looks responsive. My biggest complaint with H2A besides bullet mag is the fact that it feels extremely sluggish. 

Hey dont ya'll think that 343 is selling locke a little to hard? Am not hatein, I did like him at first but as times has gone on I feel that they been raming him down are necks. Am cool with new people coming into main parts of halo but as I talk to more people I find that they seem to be trying at every turn to hit us with more locke, I just think they should waited till halo 6 to be selling him this much to see how we all like him in a game or is that just me?

I'd rather locke be the focus now rather than in the game. I'm sure blue team will get their own teaser closer to release. 

I still think locke is a really weird name though. Like they literally could have chosen any other name. But it's not like the rest of them are any better. Tanaka? Vale is okay I guess. Just sounds kind of out there to me. 

Recoil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bloom

it has like no recoil though, and every other auto has bloom.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Cortana has been confirmed dead many times fellas. She isn't coming back. In Chief's head, sure. He might see visions. But that's about it.

Gotta let go

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Nightfall even worth watching? I read most of the books and loved Forward Unto Dawn, but Nightfall looks awful.. :/

3/10

Is Nightfall even worth watching? I read most of the books and loved Forward Unto Dawn, but Nightfall looks awful.. :/

avoid it like the plague...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Quinn tweeted last night that a new post game stat will be in Halo 5 --Damage dealt

Nothing big but still pretty cool.

Fuck yes! I have been requesting this for a looong time. H5 gon be good to compete in :)

It's as awful as it looks, don't bother.

3/10

1 point because Colter has really great screen presence. 1 more point because Waddington was also great. 1 last point because some of the visuals were really cool.

Everything else was either middle of the road or mediocre.

@@Unyshek uploaded a new video of him wrecking on Fathom earlier today (I'm assuming from PAX). Was waiting for someone else to post it, but guess no one has yet. He gets quite a few triple kills and one overkill/exterm, so much better than our friends at Gamespot and IGN lol

Solid video though and great plays by Unyshek. It is nice watching H5 arena gameplay from people who know what they are doing

Anyone else annoyed by the grunting/panting sounds your spartan makes when he jumps or goes in and out of sprint?

I don't know but it'll definately be something I have to get used to...

@@Unyshek uploaded a new video of him wrecking on Fathom earlier today (I'm assuming from PAX). Was waiting for someone else to post it, but guess no one has yet. He gets quite a few triple kills and one overkill/exterm, so much better than our friends at Gamespot and IGN lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6O0GQOoTjQ

Things that I noticed was the pistol appears to be pretty difficult to use which is a good thing, but unfortunately the AR and SMG are not hard to use at all and seems like a lot of people realized that and didn't switch to the pistol too much. This could change as people play the game more of course and get used to the pistol (But these are observations we've noticed for a bit now I guess).

Solid video though and great plays by Unyshek. It is nice watching H5 arena gameplay from people who know what they are doing

I might be slightly color blind, it took me too long to see how much overshield he had left in a few scenarios. The shade of green they chose doesn't stand very far out from the shade of blue they chose.

1 point because Colter has really great screen presence. 1 more point because Waddington was also great. 1 last point because some of the visuals were really cool.

Everything else was either middle of the road or mediocre.

Maybe boost it up to 4 just because its halo

That powerup animation needs to go. Is anyone even arguing for the animation? Though, maybe it should stay in because it perfectly embodies 343's changes to the series; useless, hinder to gameplay, and only implemented for the sake of change.

If it's going to be in, then I feel like it should be dropped if the person dies before it's pushed into the chest.

That powerup animation needs to go. Is anyone even arguing for the animation? Though, maybe it should stay in because it perfectly embodies 343's changes to the series; useless, hinder to gameplay, and only implemented for the sake of change.

I'm arguing for it, only because it can be cancelled out and you can just continue fighting. If it actually hindered gameplay on a basic level to which everyone in combat would be punished for grabbing it, then yeah, I'd be against it.

I'll never understand "PC master race" people. Look at all that money you spend on a high end rig, only to beg for ports of console games.

Cheaper games that usually run better than their console counterparts. I got MGSV and Mad Max for $60 total on release day.

Also, mods and free online.