CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, but that still has the Spartan Abilities enabled.

And AR starts in competitive play! Plus the H5 AR is the most powerful iteration in the series. I'm glad 343 gets it :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah, but that still has the Spartan Abilities enabled.

Come on, think about it... you could ground pound your teammates...

And AR starts in competitive play! Plus the H5 AR is the most powerful iteration in the series. I'm glad 343 gets it :)

As someone whose favorite weapon is the AR (no bully plz), this concerns me.

The design of the Guardian seems to have changed a lot since that trailer too.

Halo-Xbox-One-Reveal-03.jpg

h5-guardians-fp-campaign-battle-of-sunai

Isn't there more than one "Guardian", which would mean that they are just two different ones and looking different really isn't a big deal?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't there more than one "Guardian", which would mean that they are just two different ones and looking different really isn't a big deal?

Its been awhile since I've read Cryptum, but wasn't there some type of "Guardians" guarding the cryptum?

i don't care if Cortana's revival makes absolutely no sense. i just want my naked blue space waifu back in my head. 

it ain't a numbered Halo without Chief and Cortana. Halo 3 even felt awkward without Cortana for the first half of the game. 

Its been awhile since I've read Cryptum, but wasn't there some type of "Guardians" guarding the cryptum?

yeah, I haven't gotten that far with the books. I'm on the one about Johnson. I'm just going off the something I heard and don't have a source for... and the fact that it's called GuardianS. I would feel safe saying that there are more than one and they are each unique in their own way beyond just looks.

There are multiple guardians, yes. The cinematic trailer kind of says that there were five. But every piece of media we've seen so far shows this single one, even the scale model they showed a while back looked like the Halo 5 guardian.

I don't want to buy it, but I feel like I'm forced to, to fill my Halo addiction. The biggest reason why I don't want to buy it is because MCC sucks, which is also the same reason why I do want to buy it, to have a working Halo game other than Reach. Have played way too much Reach and I'm ready to move on to a new Halo title that works and is playable. The worst part of buying this game will be supporting 343 Industries, after they've screwed us over with Halo 4 and MCC.

Buy it used. That's my plan. If I'm impressed with it, I'll buy Halo 6/Wars 2 new. If I'm unimpressed, I'll continue to buy 343's games used until they DO impress. Everybody wins (eventually).

You know guys Cortana had line in H5 campaign demo right ? She is still present in some form, that is for sure.

Also, forerunner personal AIs, ancillas were also described as "blue". However they did not have problem with rampancy. Even Librarian calls Cortana ancilla and says she was also "part of thousands years of planning".

So yeah there is a posibility she got in contact with forerunner technology that alloved her to survive or even became part of domain, wich is entity itself and even predates forerunners.

@@Unyshek uploaded a new video of him wrecking on Fathom earlier today (I'm assuming from PAX). Was waiting for someone else to post it, but guess no one has yet. He gets quite a few triple kills and one overkill/exterm, so much better than our friends at Gamespot and IGN lol

Things that I noticed was the pistol appears to be pretty difficult to use which is a good thing, but unfortunately the AR and SMG are not hard to use at all and seems like a lot of people realized that and didn't switch to the pistol too much. This could change as people play the game more of course and get used to the pistol (But these are observations we've noticed for a bit now I guess).

Solid video though and great plays by Unyshek. It is nice watching H5 arena gameplay from people who know what they are doing

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Unyshek uploaded a new video of him wrecking on Fathom earlier today (I'm assuming from PAX). Was waiting for someone else to post it, but guess no one has yet. He gets quite a few triple kills and one overkill/exterm, so much better than our friends at Gamespot and IGN lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6O0GQOoTjQ

Things that I noticed was the pistol appears to be pretty difficult to use which is a good thing, but unfortunately the AR and SMG are not hard to use at all and seems like a lot of people realized that and didn't switch to the pistol too much. This could change as people play the game more of course and get used to the pistol (But these are observations we've noticed for a bit now I guess).

Solid video though and great plays by Unyshek. It is nice watching H5 arena gameplay from people who know what they are doing

Great video, but holy crap the range on that SMG. Might've always been that way but it looked long to me. Also looks like the shotgun got a nerf.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halsey dies and her brain is used to make an Alpha-Cortana. Chief then gets to spend all of Halo 6 with his mommy in his brain.

There, called it.

sweet crap, this was actually fun to watch, pretty sure this is th e3 build though, map items can also still spawn faster, we should see how the hydra is on this map.

According to my predictions, I am approximately 49 days away from having enough Bing Points to completely purchase Halo 5 without spending any of my actual money.

GG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

According to my predictions, I am approximately 49 days away from having enough Bing Points to completely purchase Halo 5 without spending any of my actual money.

GG.

WTF is bing points?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great video, but holy crap the range on that SMG. Might've always been that way but it looked long to me. Also looks like the shotgun got a nerf.

Yea I noticed that as well about the shotgun. Seemed like he was still doing some big damage with it, but no one got sniped this time lol

sweet crap, this was actually fun to watch, pretty sure this is th e3 build though, map items can also still spawn faster, we should see how the hydra is on this map.

Yea Hydra would be interesting to see, doesn't really seem like anyone is understanding the plasma caster yet. Hopefully it is just a power weapon that just takes some getting used to for it to be good. It would suck if its ends up being a pretty crappy weapon like people seem to think it is. I almost wish their new power weapon was just a cross-bow like weapon (kind of like just the alt-fire for the plasma caster, but projectiles shoot much faster)

Yea I noticed that as well about the shotgun. Seemed like he was still doing some big damage with it, but no one got sniped this time lol

my question is why the fuck does the smg have no bloom? @@Sal1ent?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

WTF is bing points?

It's a form of 'free currency' earned by searching through Bing, doing Survey's, cashing in for other deals and reaching "tiers" (reward levels) that can get you bonus perks.

WTF is bing points?

Apparently you can make an account with bing, and earn points for using it which you can spend on shit.

Or something like that.

The design of the Guardian seems to have changed a lot since that trailer too.

pics

I really hope the E3 guardian wasn't entirely replaced, that design is amazing.

Hey dont ya'll think that 343 is selling locke a little to hard? Am not hatein, I did like him at first but as times has gone on I feel that they been raming him down are necks. Am cool with new people coming into main parts of halo but as I talk to more people I find that they seem to be trying at every turn to hit us with more locke, I just think they should waited till halo 6 to be selling him this much to see how we all like him in a game or is that just me?