CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I always liked how Halo CTF rewarded the more intelligent teams with better strategies... Now it looks like it's just going to turn into Team Slayer with flags.

That makes no sense at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or as funny as this

I thought that was cringy back then and my opinion hasn't changed. In terms of DLC trailers, the Heroic one was the best

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought that was cringy back then and my opinion hasn't changed. In terms of DLC trailers, the Heroic one was the best

Damn I love Bungie's attitudes during the time of Halo 3 and Halo Reach. They didn't take themselves or the game seriously. Like the Mythic trailer has a bunch of goofy sound effects. Now 343i is literally trying to be uber competitive in its attitude.

Damn I love Bungie's attitudes during the time of Halo 3 and Halo Reach. They didn't take themselves or the game seriously. Like the Mythic trailer has a bunch of goofy sound effects. Now 343i is literally trying to be uber competitive in its attitude.

Bungie is like that now :/

Yes, I get this, but what made CTF in Halo so good was the fact that the game essentially turned into a 3v4 when you were running the flag and you had to rely on your team mates to defend you. With the power of the magnum this is now a non-issue.

It completely changes what CTF in Halo unique to begin with.

I always liked how Halo CTF rewarded the more intelligent teams with better strategies... Now it looks like it's just going to turn into Team Slayer with flags.

The flagnum is loathsome. And so are the people who try and defend it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

According to the halo wiki "An average SPARTAN-IV in GEN2 MJOLNIR armor can take on an average SPARTAN-II in GEN1 MJOLNIR armor and has the capability of being a little better off due to the GEN2 armor being more advanced. However, without armor, SPARTAN-IIs are superior to most Spartan IVs"

Put in the same armor the S2's would win..

Halo wiki isn't an official source. Besides, I've always said that IVs are physically weaker than II. There's no denying that. However, considering that in Initiation, Palmer is able to achieve speeds about equal to a Spartan-II out of armor, it's a wonder why her enhanced arms wouldn't achieve the same boost as her legs did. An enhanced heart helps, but your legs still need to move that fast and propel you that far with every step to get you up to 50km/h. Not to mention that if the UNSC can seemingly make an adult grow almost a foot in height over the course of three weeks, and not have their skeleton shatter in the process, you really have to question why making an adult strong enough to lift three time their own weight would even be a challenge to these people.

But, honestly? It's probably because 343 COULDN'T make the IVs as strong as II, lest they feel the wrath of the II fanboys' rage. Seriously, there are people who become visibly upset (going off of their posts) when they find out that the IVs and even Noble Team, are all either the same height as the IIs, or taller.

Also, bit off topic, but any one else find the GEN2's existence questionable? Because like, the layer of the armor that multiplies the user's speed and strength was supposed to be the most expensive part of the armor. So, how the hell is the GEN2 being mass produced if it's got an even MORE advanced layer that would probably cost more to create and install than before? 

Not much a fan of the design, but I like how the surface looks more beat up, with scratches and marks on it. And to date, it's 343's best metal-texture work imo. Hoping for more armors with this kind of battleworn, metallic look. A Mark V with these features would be amazing.

il2Emau.jpg

Also this trailer.

Damn, MS marketing was insane in the 360 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are odst and deliver hope were amazing. Halo marketing campaigns are usually very good.

Not much a fan of the design, but I like how the surface looks more beat up, with scratches and marks on it. And to date, it's 343's best metal-texture work imo. Hoping for more armors with this kind of battleworn, metallic look. A Mark V with these features would be amazing.

il2Emau.jpg

Details are insane and the overal design is not bad. But it is so much overdone, so much curvature. I would welcome something little bit more...simple.

il2Emau.jpg

Approve of the decent metal texture, but it also looks like it was rendered on an Xbox with the gamma turned all the way up.

What happened to Halo 5 being the "darkest Halo yet?"

According to the halo wiki "An average SPARTAN-IV in GEN2 MJOLNIR armor can take on an average SPARTAN-II in GEN1 MJOLNIR armor and has the capability of being a little better off due to the GEN2 armor being more advanced. However, without armor, SPARTAN-IIs are superior to most Spartan IVs"

Put in the same armor the S2's would win..

debateable being that gen 2 was made with iv's in mind, and the gen2 blue team has are prototypes and not the default gen 2

Approve of the decent metal texture, but it also looks like it was rendered on an Xbox with the gamma turned all the way up.

Troll? Darkest as in mood. People are gonna die

Details are insane and the overal design is not bad. But it is so much overdone, so much curvature. I would welcome something little bit more...simple.

Agreed. The helmet has too many dents, curves, and indentations that I doubt could possibly serve to increase the functionality of the armor (although they might? I'm not a lorekid). Same with the chest armor, albeit to a lesser degree. It's too much. I'd prefer a more utilitarian look.

Didn't think about that. Many of the multiplayer maps are indeed pretty dark. Hopefully they'll transfer to dark maps well.

Would also be cool to me if we got a "damage adjustment slider" when choosing our armor that let us put more or less superficial damage marks on our armor for multiplayer. Doubt that'd ever come to be, though it'd be a pretty unique feature.

H5 is looking closer to H3 in terms of color, but textures could be a bit smoother and less complex. Liking the saturation of colors so far, improved a lot since Beta.

Nothing beats "We are ODST", "Landfall" comes as a close seccond! "Deliver hope" was OK but it never really touched me like the former two did, that panorama was great as well

Would also be cool to me if we got a "damage adjustment slider" when choosing our armor that let us put more or less superficial damage marks on our armor for multiplayer. Doubt that'd ever come to be, though it'd be a pretty unique feature.

I'd like that. We've got this battle scarred Mk VI armor as its own thing however, so as cool as that idea is, it probably won't be achieved in the foreseeable future.

I'd also like some way to "re-paint" your armor. Perhaps after achieving a certain rank, your Red/Blue color scheme (or just your secondary colors so that we don't screw things up more than they already are) can be shown in a Tiger stripe pattern, or something to that effect.

Troll? Darkest as in mood. People are gonna die

Lol.

That's just what they WANT you to think. https://i.imgflip.com/qcs07.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed. The helmet has too many dents, curves, and indentations that I doubt could possibly serve to increase the functionality of the armor (although they might? I'm not a lorekid). Same with the chest armor, albeit to a lesser degree. It's too much. I'd prefer a more utilitarian.

Definitely does not make any sense to have all that crap. I understand they want the armor look hi-end tech, but would hi-end actually look that way ? This is not some kind of show-off technology, this is war machine where functionality is at first place. Not even saying that the close up picture is the only way how to see all those details. I am sure 343 has tons of text describing every single piece of armor (Halo 4 visual guide does exactly that), but still.

I gues its just design choice to make obvious difference between Spartan 2 and Spartan 4 armours. Also, they have more power, therefore there is more details to everything. Yeah, they could have done a better job.

Edit: I dont understand how could the same guy (Robogabo) design both Halo 4 Masterchief armor (love it) and Halo 4 aquatic armor (what a piece of shit).

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is great.

280935800b631a6b1417945302e05ad7.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo wiki isn't an official source. Besides, I've always said that IVs are physically weaker than II. There's no denying that. However, considering that in Initiation, Palmer is able to achieve speeds about equal to a Spartan-II out of armor, it's a wonder why her enhanced arms wouldn't achieve the same boost as her legs did. An enhanced heart helps, but your legs still need to move that fast and propel you that far with every step to get you up to 50km/h. Not to mention that if the UNSC can seemingly make an adult grow almost a foot in height over the course of three weeks, and not have their skeleton shatter in the process, you really have to question why making an adult strong enough to lift three time their own weight would even be a challenge to these people.

But, honestly? It's probably because 343 COULDN'T make the IVs as strong as II, lest they feel the wrath of the II fanboys' rage. Seriously, there are people who become visibly upset (going off of their posts) when they find out that the IVs and even Noble Team, are all either the same height as the IIs, or taller.

Also, bit off topic, but any one else find the GEN2's existence questionable? Because like, the layer of the armor that multiplies the user's speed and strength was supposed to be the most expensive part of the armor. So, how the hell is the GEN2 being mass produced if it's got an even MORE advanced layer that would probably cost more to create and install than before? 

Actually, it's no wonder at all. Spartan-IIs are much stronger and better at running than Spartan-IVs, as the IVs have to put their gun down and use their arms to sprint fast, while the IIs don't (except with the GEN2 armor that actually makes the Spartan-IIs worse in this regard).

Am I doing it right?

• Upvote (+1) 7