CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Likely an Osiris mission.

A lot of people think that it's gonna be about Osiris fighting Jul and recovering Halsey, since I believe in the Campaign demo trailer, there were a few frames where Osiris were flipping around Jul, with Halsey looking spooked in the background. And if I remember correctly, Blue Team doesn't begin the game already declared AWOL, so if the first mission is an Osiris mission, then they gotta be doing something completely unrelated to Blue Team.

Boo 

LoL at Osiris trying to hunt the Blue Team

Kelly herself can wipe those idiots out in seconds

I think Frankie commented on it but in armour, Blue Team and Osiris are equally matched. Out of armour, Kelly would wipe the floor with them.

A lot of people think that it's gonna be about Osiris fighting Jul and recovering Halsey, since I believe in the Campaign demo trailer, there were a few frames where Osiris were flipping around Jul, with Halsey looking spooked in the background. And if I remember correctly, Blue Team doesn't begin the game already declared AWOL, so if the first mission is an Osiris mission, then they gotta be doing something completely unrelated to Blue Team.

Makes sense. Hopefully that's the case.

Their Introduction huh? 

That's Fine I guess

I'd rather have them not in the game though and just give Blue Team and the Infinity crew all the screen time

Their Introduction huh? 

That's Fine I guess

I'd rather have them not in the game though and just give Blue Team and the Infinity crew all the screen time

The whole concept of Osiris is to see Chief from an outsiders perspective. The campaign is still going to be full focused on Chief and Blue Team.

I dont believe for a second that osiris can compete with blue team in armor. Just from reading books, and what I've seen, there's no way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont believe for a second that osiris can compete with blue team in armor. Just from reading books, and what I've seen, there's no way.

The books are pretty inconsistent with a Spartan's physical abilities. Like, Mendez states that the Spartans can lift three time their body weight, but then, almost immediately after, we see John kick a trainer in a MJOLNIR Mark I exoskeleton, which would probably weigh as much as John's bench pressing max, if not more, a distance of like eight meters or so.

Then there's also the issue of his speed. Immediately after the augmentation, the IIs were apparently supposed to run at a speed of 55km/h, at least. And they're also supposed to get better as they grow older. But then we have John in Mark V, only managing to briefly run at 105km/h. If we assume that Mark V made him twice as fast, which isn't too unreasonable given that his strength is doubled (meaning, each time his feet pushes off the ground to propel him forward, the distance he is propelled is increased), and that he's supposed to move his limbs so fast, they would appear to be a blur, then John would have actually become SLOWER over the years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Frankie commented on it but in armour, Blue Team and Osiris are equally matched. Out of armour, Kelly would wipe the floor with them.

Makes sense. Hopefully that's the case.

The only single advantage spartan 4s ever had was their Gen 2 armor. But recent entries on waypoint tell us blue team upgraded to gen 2 during H5, so Spartan 2s should be back to wiping the floor with Spartan 4s.

The only single advantage spartan 4s ever had was their Gen 2 armor. But recent entries on waypoint tell us blue team upgraded to gen 2 during H5, so Spartan 2s should be back to wiping the floor with Spartan 4s.

The Spartan-IVs are pretty much leaner versions of the IIs (according to Initiation, IVs can run just as fast as IIs, and IVs are consistently stated to weigh less than IIs of similar height), with far more sustainability. They don't need to eat as much, sleep as much, they can survive in an inhospitable atmosphere for about an hour, and they're practically immune to toxins and poisons.

Frankie is pretty much the only source that's been ripping on the IV's abilities. He even calls their augmentations "mechanical", though as I think anyone could see, the IVs are not Adam Jensen from Deus Ex, and they've never been described as such in ANY official media. So, I REALLY have question Frankie here.

It could be that Gen 2 has diminishing gains for Spartan 2s.

For instance, let's consider two imaginary people: Adam and Bob.

Adam's power ranking is 100, while Bob's power ranking is 20.

There are two suits: X and Y.

When Adam puts on X, his power ranking rises to 400. When Bob puts on Y, his power ranking matches it at 400.

However, when Adam puts on Y, his power ranking only increases to 420.

The reason why Y isn't a major power bump for Adam is because Y may have been designed to make up for Bob's lack of enhancements in comparison to Adam.

However, Adam still gets an upgrade from X to Y because Y is newer, and thus, would benefit from modern improvements such as a better UI and support for new equipment.

Just had a dream that they revealed apex 7. My body is ready.

That's funny, I also had a Halo dream last night.

In my dream, Halo 5 was out, and people were just playing Matchmaking. The problem is, everyone spawned with a Boltshot as their secondary weapon (it wasn't even loadouts, everyone had it), and it was even stronger than it was in Halo 4. It was similar to the Halo 5 shotgun in terms of range. Needless to say, people were flipping shit and yelling about it left and right.

I'm was really glad when I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In my dream, Halo 5 was out, and people were just playing Matchmaking. The problem is, everyone spawned with a Boltshot as their secondary weapon (it wasn't even loadouts, everyone had it), and it was even stronger than it was in Halo 4. It was similar to the Halo 5 shotgun in terms of range. Needless to say, people were flipping shit and yelling about it left and right.

halo dreams are usually the more fun ones I have, I had one where I was mc with the cloak, fighting on like a desert world, with the infinity in orbit. These are the kinds of dreams that make me want to get good at lucid dreaming.

halo dreams are usually the more fun ones I have, I had one where I was mc with the cloak, fighting on like a desert world, with the infinity in orbit. These are the kinds of dreams that make me want to get good at lucid dreaming.

I hate dreaming about video games. Back when I played Runescape a shit ton, I'd sometimes dream about somehow either getting filthy rich or losing bank, just to wake up feeling uneasy and frustrated about it either way.

Lucid dreams are the shit though. Sleep paralysis isn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate dreaming about video games. Back when I played Runescape a shit ton, I'd sometimes dream about somehow either getting filthy rich or losing bank, just to wake up feeling uneasy and frustrated about it either way.

Lucid dreams are the shit though. Sleep paralysis isn't.

it's not that bad unless you see something, which is really common for some reason, I wonder if it's based on what you were dreaming about. Like I would be pretty freaked out if I saw 343s grunt standing at the edge of my bed, fuckers are creepy.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I once had a dream that Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess came out, little 10 year old me was having a blast playing the new game. Then I woke up, and felt pretty depressed since I believe at that point, Twilight Princess still didn't have a defined release date. Probably one of the few times I've ever dreamed about PLAYING a game, rather than like, living the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game dreams are always pretty strange. I can hardly remember the last one I had, though I do believe it was Halo related. It was Warzone and it was pretty boring.

I think I had one pertaining to Metroid once-- to cope for my need for a new entry (Federation Force doesn't count).

Aww my hilarious post got removed :(

Anyways I do think its odd we haven't gotten anything new about the game from Pax not even any new gameplay outside that GameSpot joke.

Aww my hilarious post got removed :(

Anyways I do think its odd we haven't gotten anything new about the game from Pax not even any new gameplay outside that GameSpot joke.

IGN First

IGN First

Good point but I still expected more than 1 gameplay video. Probably will get footage from attendees in the coming days if they were even able to get footage

Good point but I still expected more than 1 gameplay video. Probably will get footage from attendees in the coming days if they were even able to get footage

I might be wrong, but I think @@Unyshek has some Fathom footage to release after PAX.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sounds like a nightmare

• Upvote (+1) 1