CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Saw someone playing it the other day and there was no killfeed and I don't remember seeing any medals. Might be a gametype thing?

Can definitely confirm the gametype has some issues. I played it once, and at first I wasn't sure if my teammates were stealing my kills or not because I wouldn't get any sort of feedback confirming kills. After a few kills, I picked up on it and noticed I had to pay attention to the scoreboard – which went up in multiples of 10 (reminiscent of Halo 4). Playing has as an infected seemed to drop the FPS in the 30-40 range too.

Saw someone playing it the other day and there was no killfeed and I don't remember seeing any medals. Might be a gametype thing?

Just realised this is the wrong thread. And yeah I think it may be another glitch.

Can definitely confirm the gametype has some issues. I played it once, and at first I wasn't sure if my teammates were stealing my kills or not because I wouldn't get any sort of feedback confirming kills. After a few kills, I picked up on it and noticed I had to pay attention to the scoreboard – which went up in multiples of 10 (reminiscent of Halo 4). Playing has as an infected seemed to drop the FPS in the 30-40 range too.

The reason the infected have frame rate drops is because of the silly screen effect they put on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The reason the infected have frame rate drops is because of the silly screen effect they put on.

You're just jealous of that badass red sword :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just lagging a little...

Okie. Also, was the framerate thing you encountered on a Halo 2: Anniversary map? Because, I just played a game of Infection in H4, and it was smoother than... Well, I really don't know anything hyper smooth, but you get my drift.

Okie. Also, was the framerate thing you encountered on a Halo 2: Anniversary map? Because, I just played a game of Infection in H4, and it was smoother than... Well, I really don't know anything hyper smooth, but you get my drift.

H2A, on Lockout. It's not because of the map though, I can tell it was a mixture of the sword and weird effects on the screen. Couldn't tell if the increased movement speed had to do with the jitter, but I assumed that's not what it was.

H2A, on Lockout. It's not because of the map though, I can tell it was a mixture of the sword and weird effects on the screen. Couldn't tell if the increased movement speed had to do with the jitter, but I assumed that's not what it was.

Wait, really? I played on that map yesterday, or the day before. Twas fun.

Just started playing the Black Ops 3 beta. While I easily enjoy Halo 5 a lot more from a gameplay standpoint, which is what matters most, Black Ops 3 is just so vibrant and it makes the experience more enjoyable to me. I'm sure I'll get over the doom and gloom of some Halo 5 maps as I dealt with and loved Halo 2, I just wish Halo 5 was more vibrant.

Sorry for bringing up the visuals again lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

I enjoyed the halo 5 gameplay a lot more. The cod presentation is amazing. The maps are beautiful, even though they suck

But wait, Elites run the War Games, too. So does this mean

*gasp*

343 IS PUTTING GAMEPLAY OVER LORE

Are you talking about Halo Online?

Just started playing the Black Ops 3 beta. While I easily enjoy Halo 5 a lot more from a gameplay standpoint, which is what matters most, Black Ops 3 is just so vibrant and it makes the experience more enjoyable to me. I'm sure I'll get over the doom and gloom of some Halo 5 maps as I dealt with and loved Halo 2, I just wish Halo 5 was more vibrant.

Sorry for bringing up the visuals again lol

I laughed my ass off when I realized the rocket launcher in the beta looks like the SPNKR.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I laughed my ass off when I realized the rocket launcher in the beta looks like the SPNKR.

That is the greatest thing I've seen all day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you talking about Halo Online?

Off topic, but speaking of Halo Online will it ever be available to non Russian people without any special modding or anything of that nature?

Off topic, but speaking of Halo Online will it ever be available to non Russian people without any special modding or anything of that nature?

I believe either 343 or MS said that if the interest is there, they'll consider rolling it out to more areas. It wouldn't surprise me if it came out in at least the US.

So after playing the Pax build. My thoughts

- Snipe zoom is 100% better, but I feel that the ROF is a tad slow.

- The distance between BR and AR becomes very apparent in Warzone. I felt that any kill with the AR was a lot more justified (I quit the H5 beta halfway through week 2).

- The banshee and whatever the forerunner air vehicle is felt a lot harder to use. It wasn't just launch a heavy attack and get a kill (which is what it seemed like to me in Reach and 4).

- I really wish you could have custom controller schemes. I love bumper jumper except that sprint is A and crouch is left thumb stick. I wish they were reversed.

- I'm still a little lost on how points work in Warzone. Blue team took out a enemy AI and they jumped like 200 points, Red team (my team) took out an enemy AI and we hardly jumped at all (around 50 points).

- Digging the pistol, but I think I would still prefer a BR start for HCS/HWC.

- I'm using Sprint a lot less than I did in the Beta. Not sure if it's just Warzone, but I'm finding a lot more success in my battles when I choose not to sprint if I'm even close to a battle.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So after playing the Pax build. My thoughts

- Snipe zoom is 100% better, but I feel that the ROF is a tad slow.

- The distance between BR and AR becomes very apparent in Warzone. I felt that any kill with the AR was a lot more justified (I quit the H5 beta halfway through week 2).

- The banshee and whatever the forerunner air vehicle is felt a lot harder to use. It wasn't just launch a heavy attack and get a kill (which is what it seemed like to me in Reach and 4).

- I really wish you could have custom controller schemes. I love bumper jumper except that sprint is A and crouch is left thumb stick. I wish they were reversed.

- I'm still a little lost on how points work in Warzone. Blue team took out a enemy AI and they jumped like 200 points, Red team (my team) took out an enemy AI and we hardly jumped at all (around 50 points).

- Digging the pistol, but I think I would still prefer a BR start for HCS/HWC.

- I'm using Sprint a lot less than I did in the Beta. Not sure if it's just Warzone, but I'm finding a lot more success in my battles when I choose not to sprint if I'm even close to a battle.

How was the maps

- I'm still a little lost on how points work in Warzone. Blue team took out a enemy AI and they jumped like 200 points, Red team (my team) took out an enemy AI and we hardly jumped at all (around 50 points).ing a lot more success in my battles when I choose not to sprint if I'm even close to a battle.

Blue team had killed a Legendary enemy that was worth 125 and harder to kill. You guys killed just a basic enemy that was worth much less

• Upvote (+1) 3

How was the maps

It is just a single map. It feels fine, but I have yet to see Red team win. I'm not sure if that's just luck of the draw of players or due to the map.

Blue team had killed a Legendary enemy that was worth 125 and harder to kill. You guys killed just a basic enemy that was worth much less

Ah makes sense now. Didn't know there was a difference. I'll have to pay more attention when I play tomorrow.