CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Red and Blue Spartan bros and bras. :3 Brosidon: King of the Brosian.

IT MATCHES. THAT'S AMAZING.

You win this one, too bad I can't give more than +1 per post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New Halo Bulletin shows footage of The Rig:

New Community Update also shows screenshots and gives development insight into The Rig. Bravo describes it as one of the favorites of the Pro Team. Looks pretty slick!

EDIT: Just noticed this when running back the footage at .5 speed on YouTube (highly recommended for Maximum Jay Frechetteness): 

6GzeEgR.png

:salt:  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

At first glance, the Rig map seems decent. But is almost every Halo 5 arena map going for that dark, gritty look? I hate to compare Halo 5 to BO3, but their beta maps are more vibrant and really seem to pop on screen. Imo thats more pleasant for spectators.

I think I'm going to enjoy the Rig. Gives me a very Unreal Tournament vibe with its layout.

It looks like jump and clamber paradise, which I kind of like.  It also gives me an adrift vibe, I guess it's just the colours and the UNSC look. 

After watching that gameplay Halo 5 just doesn't seem very noob friendly. The simplicity is gone.

and it's still easily the most simplistic shooter coming out on consoles later this year. It's certainly more simple than 4, maybe reach as well.

Bo3 looks like the most complicated shooter on the inverse of this. Partly the reason I'm turned off to it.

I'm liking the powerup placement of the Camo on The Rig. It's on that tiny hatch that the Bulletin video shows the guy clambering to. Reminds me of the precarious position of Dammy's camo, and it should be plenty launchable with plasmas!

I wish we could watch the pro team play on it instead of just seeing screenshots and 1 second clips of people clambering.

Why 343i doesn't film the pro-team in B-roll montages on these maps and release them to the public is Beyond me. 

Quick 4-5 minute videos of the pro-team stomping on guys in 343i, and bam, makes the game look amazing. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

It will be interesting to see if the 343 pro team can maintain it's edge on other pro teams once the game has been out for a while.

and it's still easily the most simplistic shooter coming out on consoles later this year. It's certainly more simple than 4, maybe reach as well.

Bo3 looks like the most complicated shooter on the inverse of this. Partly the reason I'm turned off to it.

It's very simple, just like all previous Halo's (expect 4), but it isn't really noob friendly, since theres barely any auto-aim in it.

Yeah, Rig does look like a scaled-down Adrift. One vertical central area surrounded by small enclosures (which look pretty cramped) and open floors with some catwalks above. At least Rig looks like it might encourage some creativity in how to approach it.

It's very simple, just like all previous Halo's (expect 4), but it isn't really noob friendly, since theres barely any auto-aim in it.

Yeah the shooting difficulty looks good in Halo 5.  

Mechanics like sprint, ADS, ground pound and clamber just become tedious for good players.  On the other hand the spartan abilities will be very confusing for new players to grasp.  My friend who sucks at Halo (but loves it and plays like the guy in that vid) tried the halo 5 beta and really struggled recalling what buttons did what, and it did put him off the game.  He does love sprint however, so unfortunately I do understand 343's reason for including it.

Why 343i doesn't film the pro-team in B-roll montages on these maps and release them to the public is Beyond me. 

Quick 4-5 minute videos of the pro-team stomping on guys in 343i, and bam, makes the game look amazing. 

Also really confused about that. No videos, no livestreams, nothing, just long articles and pictures. Bungie does it for just about every update (actual patch and/or DLC), and it's a great way to hype up content, establish a presence and make people look forward to it.

You know, even streaming vidocs, weekly bulletins or whatever else (just as pre-recorded videos) would be something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would love to see some 343 Pro Team scrims vs other top-tier HCS teams post-launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

343's environmental artists must have been depressed when designing the multiplayer maps. Every map so far is dark, dingy and depressing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm a bit concerned of the fact that almost every single map is made of this white/grey architecture. I get that it's arena and its probably a theme they're going for but all these maps look way too similar. Just as a spectator it's going to be boring to watch the same map over and over, it was bad enough watching only 3 maps in the HCS and at least they all had variety. When you compare the contrast Halo 3 had with huge differences between covenant maps, treetops, training grounds...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm a bit concerned of the fact that almost every single map is made of this white/grey architecture. I get that it's arena and its probably a theme they're going for but all these maps look way too similar. Just as a spectator it's going to be boring to watch the same map over and over, it was bad enough watching only 3 maps in the HCS and at least they all had variety. When you compare the contrast Halo 3 had with huge differences between covenant maps, treetops, training grounds...

It isn't even just Arena - the city map in Warzone uses the exact same stuff too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It isn't even just Arena - the city map in Warzone uses the exact same stuff too.

Maybe there's some big forge surprise comming with good reasons for it all.

Or they just have no imagination.  ;)