CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Blinded?

Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?

Noooooooooo.

Yet the developers managed to evade our concerns, land on the sacred Halo, and desecrate it with their filthy footsteps.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This hour of warzone gameplay ... I dunno man.  It feels like a really shitty version of Invasion + Titanfall attrition.  I've never seen H5 gameplay that was EXCITING; I've thought, "well, this could be okay, I guess" but have never felt blown away by how awesome the game looks, I guess because it doesn't look awesome at all.  I dunno.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've never watched a match of Lockout TS and said "This looks Exciting!" But to each their own I guess. Invasion is perfect for people who want to play online but don't want to feel like they have to win or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've never watched a match of Lockout TS and said "This looks Exciting!" But to each their own I guess. Invasion is perfect for people who want to play online but don't want to feel like they have to win or whatever.

Well on the battlefield people lose and win battles. Its immersive to win a battle or lose a battle.

Well on the battlefield people lose and win battles. Its immersive to win a battle or lose a battle.

STOP

PLEASE

STOP

PLEASE

Im pretty sure 343i already thinks its ok for players to lose now, might as well make losing more immersive.

If you die in the game you die in real life.  Maximum immersion.

Noble Beyond forum goers, surely you understand that once the Immersion lords attacked...

You were right to focus your budget on the immersion, but this competitive gameplay, this "esports"...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Blinded?

Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?

Noooooooooo.

Yet the developers managed to evade our concerns, land on the sacred Halo, and desecrate it with their filthy footsteps.

Noble Beyond forum goers, surely you understand that once the Immersion lords attacked...

You were right to focus your budget on the immersion, but this competitive gameplay, this "esports"...

someone really should do an abridged video for this lmao

• Upvote (+1) 8

By the time I learned of the casual's intent, there was nothing I could do... (>~< D-did... Did I do the dew right?)

• Upvote (+1) 9

By the time I learned of the casual's intent, there was nothing I could do... (>~< D-did... Did I do the dew right?)

That's exactly what I would've typed for the next line.

Noble Frank O'Connor, this has gone on long enough. Make an example of this Beyonder. Upper management demands it!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I should have mentioned I wouldn't want or expect this change in Halo 5, at this point. It's too late. I'm annoyed at the movement abilities themselves but also at the way they're "balanced." Every single balancing factor creates another problem.

The point of forcing players to pick up energy to perform abilities is to achieve at least some positive result to make up for all the harm the abilities cause. Make people move across the map if they are going to have something powerful. Spawning a player with some energy is like spawning a player with full health, two grenades, and a ranged weapon, but you could allow significantly more energy to be picked up, the equivalent of getting eight grenades or an over shield. The abilities would still break the game, yes, but in the same way rockets or camo do: for a purpose. You could get away with designing maps for base movement, as the extra abilities would be the exception, not the rule.

I'd rather have a more natural and skillful movement set, limited to a godlike strafe and perhaps a wall kick that only acts perpendicularly to a surface, but giving players unbalanced, unlimited movement mechanics off spawn is like giving them a rechargeable over shield off spawn. It makes no sense.

if the ability is actually difficult to use to its maximum effectiveness, it's not necessarily like giving an over shield off spawn, since it has a natural trade off of being harder to use, this is better than spawning with an over shield because having an ability doesn't translate to instant advantage unless you know how to use said ability, with an over shield the work is done for you, it really isn't a good comparison. I think ultimately the best way to balance something like abilities would be to balance them through more natural means, such as map design, skill factor etc, not by restricting the actual abilities themselves, ergo lessening the skill gap, and dumbing down the game.

That said, I like the idea of spawning with something like ground pound and thruster, and only having a certain number of uses before you need to restock of energy. I'm just not convinced that unlimited abilities are inherently bad, I think they can work about as well, considering that when done right they encourage aggressive fast paced gameplay and would probably yield well designed maps.

I think the abilities in h5 have their benefits, some More so than others(except for sprint), but they have their detriments as well, and halo can certainly do better with the direction halo 5 is moving in.

Dino is Life.

Dino is Love.

I will laugh maniacally as I nom nom your BR time and time again.

I liked playing as a dino sometimes as well but the amount of attention this topic gets boggles my mind.

Any Halo news will be at Pax Prime?

No forge or theater, so probably not. But hey! You can get EXCITING NEW WARZONE GAMEPLAY on the same map! But seriously, just new gameplay, maybe some arena gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1