CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Without having to read all 1798 pages, can someone give me some information?

What old maps have been confirmed in H5?

Any new gametypes?

There is a midship remake called Truth, that's it at the moment.

New gametypes are Warzone, Strongholds, and Breakout. Warzone is a new BTB-esque gametype, Strongholds is territories, and Breakout is pretty much tournament speedball (paintball).

Seems like the guy that was actually in charge of that says no. So if we're going to believe someone it should probably be him

But don't you think he might lie? I doubt he would say "Ya, he went behind our backs, ignored the plan and made the game better.". I really doubt he'd admit that.

Whats wrong with the lens on the scope reflecting light? I don't get it. 

It just makes spotting snipers easier and draws way too much attention to them. It makes trying to find snipers easy, at least in my opinion. Plus, it's just uncessary. Same with the shotgun light.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But don't you think he might lie? I doubt he would say "Ya, he went behind our backs, ignored the plan and made the game better.". I really doubt he'd admit that.

There really is not any reason to assume anyone is lying. The guy that made the decision on the pistol said he did it for specific reasons and that is pretty much the end of the debate without someone having him on record saying something else. We can speculate about whatever if we want but that would be pointless

I don't ever remember seeing lens flare from the GC tourney. Are you sure this isn't just a specific case of the sun reflecting light onto the visor because of the map? Is it a warzone feature? 

Jason Jones did an interview with IGN in 2013 where Jason Jones admitted he changed the pistol damage output.

I'm linking to Polygon though because I was too lazy to read through the three part IGN interview to find the specific point Jason Jones said this. http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/8/4503242/bungie-co-founder-says-hes-to-blame-for-halos-overpowered-pistol

How do we know that isn't just a the shotguns light?

The spartan seems to be in the wrong position for a lens flare to happen. He also seems to stand in the shadow. I think the source is something else, but watching the original video should give the answer.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I mentioned the sniper glare earlier. In the video you can see its two snipers shooting at each other, it's not a shotgun

Found it...at 6:04...It do look like lens flare..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Artistically... And no it doesn't.

Getting your hand into more of your fov is harming game play even if just a little and I think it is more than a little.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

You mean you enjoy having this horrifying thing every time you zoom in with a non-zoom-able weapon?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'd rather have that than pointlessly shoving scopes on guns which don't need to be scoped and giving half of them bonus traits.

...Why would a sword and a shotgun have zoom... dude...

I'd rather have that than pointlessly shoving scopes on guns which don't need to be scoped and giving half of them bonus traits.

I wouldn't.

I would rather have weapons that can zoom in like the Magnum and BR get un-obstructive DMR-styled zooms, while non-zooming weapons like the Shotgun and AR should keep their ADS.

Replacing the ugly binoculars is a good thing, and as shown with the DMR and the Sniper Rifle, this isn't a matter of dogmatism. You can have both without completely removing one or the other.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Not every weapon needs a zoom. The sword doesn't, the pp/boltshot don't, and the shotgun doesn't either.

Sniper glare is odd but it's not the end of the world for team slayer. Team snipers will probably be ruined though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well boys, we've finally reached a new level of IMMERSION.

Lens flare/glint has been added. SO REALISTIC

kxPmpPI.jpg

This is a mechanic with a purpose in games like Battlefield, where player characters are hard to spot in the environment. It has no place in Halo though. I really hope this doesn't exist beyond whatever build (E3?) this was.

Not every weapon needs a zoom. The sword doesn't, the pp/boltshot don't, and the shotgun doesn't either.

If the Plasma Pistol, the Boltshot, and the Shotgun has an ADS that is purely aesthetic or serves an actual gameplay function besides being a pure bonus (I.E. instead of increasing accuracy, the PP zoom could remove tracking), then it's fine. Anything to get rid of the god-awful binoculars.

In the sword's case, zooming increased lunge range in the beta. If zooming was purely aesthetic or it did something special like allow lunging without a target, I would be completely fine with it.

So long as zooming isn't a straight up bonus (*cough* AR and SMG *cough* *cough*), I see nothing wrong with it.

If the Plasma Pistol, the Boltshot, and the Shotgun has an ADS that is purely aesthetic or serves an actual gameplay function besides being a pure bonus (I.E. instead of increasing accuracy, the PP zoom could remove tracking), then it's fine. Anything to get rid of the god-awful binoculars.

In the sword's case, zooming increased lunge range in the beta. If zooming was purely aesthetic or it did something special like allow lunging without a target, I would be completely fine with it.

So long as zooming isn't a straight up bonus (*cough* AR and SMG *cough* *cough*), I see nothing wrong with it.

even if it's just aesthetic I see no point. You get a slight zoom that blocks a large portion of the screen and it does nothing different, on the sword why not just have a fast base speed? Why does the shotgun have a zoom if it does the same thing unzoomed? Why do guns that TRACK have a zoom?