CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I was hoping we'd get some Forge and Theater information by now.

Forge? Sure

Theater? Nah. They almost never talk about it before launch.

If their new Forge was really great they would have already shown it off. At least it would make sense that they would, why wouldn't they? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by smartscope at all.? I think it looks fine and it never caused me any problems in the Beta. Sure there was nothing wrong with the old system but I don't mind getting rid of the useless binocular weapons and giving all weapons a zoom of sorts. The player movement and gunplay is the same whether scoped or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If their new Forge was really great they would have already shown it off. At least it would make sense that they would, why wouldn't they?

Because they want to keep interest in the game up until launch? They always show forge close to release.

We could already see some big changes and tools just by playing the beta 8 months ago.

Sorry for the double post BTW not sure how to multiquote on mibile

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by smartscope at all.? I think it looks fine and it never caused me any problems in the Beta. Sure there was nothing wrong with the old system but I don't mind getting rid of the useless binocular weapons and giving all weapons a zoom of sorts. The player movement and gunplay is the same whether scoped or not.

I'm not bothered by it. I never got the point to the binoculars, either, rather than some sort of zoom. Just seemed weird.

Because they want to keep interest in the game up until launch? They always show forge close to release.

We could already see some big changes and tools just by playing the beta 8 months ago.

Sorry for the double post BTW not sure how to multiquote on mibile

Forge was revealed at RTX 2014 in July for MCC - four months before it released.

Two months to go until Halo 5: Guardians and not a peep.

Also, what did we notice in the beta that proved the new Forge was tons better?

Unrelated but I just watched your montage. Sick extermination! And you really like those triples :)

Haha thanks. Played mostly solo so there was no communication to get the overs(yes, I need the help). Hope you enjoyed!

Also, what did we notice in the beta that proved the new Forge was tons better?

The skyboxes were so sick, in fact, I'd go as far as to say they were blinding.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The skyboxes were so sick, in fact, I'd go as far as to say they were blinding.

h5 theme song confirmed  :kappa:

I think they said they toned it down somewhere, but gotta see the final product to believe it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

since each scope is different per weapon, my opinion varies on that basis.

Ar- fine, I'd go as far as to say it looks cool.

Pistol- absolutely not.

Dmr- fine, it's black edges are balanced out by its greater primary view compared to older games.

Br-bad on pretty much all levels.

Carbine- arguably the best one since all that can be seen of the gun itself is the ammo display, which itself is so far removed from the reticle. Could use a faster animation though.

Sniper- fine, but could be a tad taller.

Pp/boltshot- pls stop 343.

Suppressor- ok, but blocks more of the screen than the ar though.

Light rifle-interesting, and somewhat out of the way, but based on the beta, very slow.

Storm rifle-same as assault rifle so not a whole lot of complaints.

Rocket launcher- ugh, no.

Saw/hydra- block too much of the screen on the right side.

I don't really remember what other weapons were seen in scope, if there were any at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think they said they toned it down somewhere, but gotta see the final product to believe it.

If Eden's any indication, they have. Map looks so much better now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Eden's any indication, they have. Map looks so much better now.

if only the map was actually good.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Can confirm that (in the Beta) scoping in brought the weapon up to your face in third person. My friends and I discovered that if you scope in and out while T-bagging the character bobs his head around at the same time and we called this 'The Chicken Dance' it was our secret until now, I had 2 videos of it but didn't save them so they look to have been auto deleted unfortunately...

One thing that has always bothered me about smart-scope is that it makes zero sense from a gameplay and lore perspective, why would they degrade their technology when what they had before was already far superior?

Thanks, I thought this was the case based on how it looked in first person, but I had no way to show it. 

Thanks, I thought this was the case, but I had no way to show it. 

Well color me surprised. Was sure one of the 343 employees (GrimBrother maybe) gave that explanation... 

Empire is actually an ok map, too. Eden is just....what?

eh wasn't a fan of empire either. I liked most of the other maps though, definitely a step up from 4, I really want to play on fathom and colosseum, those two look promising.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

eh wasn't a fan of empire either. I liked most of the other maps though, definitely a step up from 4, I really want to play on fathom and colosseum, those two look promising.

Want me some more asymmetric maps, though. And Fathom would be great if the weapon placement was better. 

I feel like Eden was attempting an experience similar to Hang em' High, but fell short because of its imposing bases with far too much cover. It doesn't help that there is also bridges that have guard rails and sheets of steel that protect you when you're fighting. The only gametypes that would work well would be Hill, Strongholds, and 1 Flag; gametypes that promote map movement more than just Power Weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eden was a bad Slayer map. Imagine it with Extraction or Strongholds though...

:flames:

Or Ricochet  :kappa:

Oddball might be fun on Eden, though could get a bit campy since the bases seem easy to protect. 

Or Ricochet  :kappa:

Oddball might be fun on Eden, though could get a bit campy since the bases seem easy to protect. 

Depends how Oddball is in H5. If it's anything like Halo 4, it shouldn't even be in HCS.

Depends how Oddball is in H5. If it's anything like Halo 4, it shouldn't even be in HCS.

I would hope we didn't go from garbage, to somewhat improved, to garbage again for Oddball.

Then again, I can definitely see spartan abilities changing the dynamics a lot.

I would hope we didn't go from garbage, to somewhat improved, to garbage again for Oddball.

Then again, I can definitely see spartan abilities changing the dynamics a lot.

H4 to H2A to H5?