CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If I have to wait for DLC to play classic gametypes like Oddball and Hill I will riot.

Unrelated but I just watched your montage. Sick extermination! And you really like those triples  :)

The thing about AI in MP, when I play MP I want to play against people. I find campaign very boring because it is against AI. Unless AI play the role of hostages or something neutral like that, they take away from what I want in MP.

343 thinks they are making something new and innovative. Like Dominion, completely new, innovative, and totally broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seriously hope extraction 2 plot is standard. 1 plot was really dumb and just easy mode KoTH

But top pros said it was good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing about AI in MP, when I play MP I want to play against people. I find campaign very boring because it is against AI. Unless AI play the role of hostages or something neutral like that, they take away from what I want in MP.

343 thinks they are making something new and innovative. Like Dominion, completely new, innovative, and totally broken.

How is it broken?

Your subjective dislike of playing against AI doesn't exactly break the game mode.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the game is promising. I played the Beta and enjoyed it. Better than H4 which isn't saying much but its definitely not a bad thing. In terms of information about the game I think we've gotten plenty to this point. We had a beta 8 months ago, we know what to expect gameplay wise for the most part. We know we will have tournament support with crowd funding and spectator features built in. The only things we don't really know at this point are custom game features and forge features. Both will probably be talked about soon.

In terms of balancing concerns, sure I'd love to know exactly how the sandbox will play out but they have said that they are still making changes based on feedback and data from the recent public hands on with the game. Hopefully we get that info soon but I would hardly say 343 hasn't told us anything. Still 2 months til launch.

I really like the plasma pistol design, I hated that fin and I'm happy it's gone. I'm sad that a highly trained super soldier is pulling a gun with no sights up to his face when he has a targeting system in his helmet to aim for him.

Seriously, that kind of zoom is both clunky and incorrect. With the sniper, dmr, light rife, and most automatics, the zoom makes sense. On every other weapon it doesn't make sense within the context of the universe because the player pulls the gun up to their face when they don't need to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was it added to MM late then? I just remember some game mode was added in late other than ricochet.

Race?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Either this gif is laggy as fuck or the thruster pack is really jarring

The gif is very laggy.

In the video he isn't even using thruster, it's at about 5:10

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plasma pistol seems to have a hefty amount of splash damage.

48d1d7c585dc971271fb9de59f618c37.gif

EDIT: I see people are looking for a full vid, here it is:

'Noob combo' medal confirmed (in Warzone at least).

I really like the plasma pistol design, I hated that fin and I'm happy it's gone. I'm sad that a highly trained super soldier is pulling a gun with no sights up to his face when he has a targeting system in his helmet to aim for him.

Seriously, that kind of zoom is both clunky and incorrect. With the sniper, dmr, light rife, and most automatics, the zoom makes sense. On every other weapon it doesn't make sense within the context of the universe because the player pulls the gun up to their face when they don't need to.

They're not actually pulling it up to their faces. It's just that the camera feed is from the iron sights - instead of showing just a circle, the camera feed also shows certain parts of the weapon. It's obvious on the BR, as there's a hologram/light that shines just before the horns. 

They're not actually pulling it up to their faces. It's just that the camera feed is from the iron sights - instead of showing just a circle, the camera feed also shows certain parts of the weapon. It's obvious on the BR, as there's a hologram/light that shines just before the horns.

We can't really confirm that that's the case without third person video of the animation in question, as the camera angles of the third person stills currently available make it difficult to tell with certainty. If it is merely the case that the camera feed now incorporates the weapon itself, then in-universe I would be complaining about the reduced visibility the new system affords.

Either this gif is laggy as fuck or the thruster pack is really jarring

Yeah the gif is just low FPS (though it's ideal to post here since it's a smaller file size). Thrusters aren't used, people just strafe this fast up close.

'Noob combo' medal confirmed (in Warzone at least).

I'd like to think medals that aren't objective-specific (E.G. Flag capture) carry across all game modes, including this one.

It's a nice touch though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it would originally show a feed coming from the sight itself, that's why in older games it was just a simplistic zoom, now there is a first person animation of the whole gun moving in front of the players face.

I don't have a problem with a lot of the zooms, but the ones like the pp has are just awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Somebody else? I fucking jumped for joy when I saw it was gone in the campaign screenshots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We can't really confirm that that's the case without third person video of the animation in question, as the camera angles of the third person stills currently available make it difficult to tell with certainty. If it is merely the case that the camera feed now incorporates the weapon itself, then in-universe I would be complaining about the reduced visibility the new system affords.

Can confirm that (in the Beta) scoping in brought the weapon up to your face in third person. My friends and I discovered that if you scope in and out while T-bagging the character bobs his head around at the same time and we called this 'The Chicken Dance' it was our secret until now, I had 2 videos of it but didn't save them so they look to have been auto deleted unfortunately...

One thing that has always bothered me about smart-scope is that it makes zero sense from a gameplay and lore perspective, why would they degrade their technology when what they had before was already far superior?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can confirm that (in the Beta) scoping in brought the weapon up to your face in third person. My friends and I discovered that if you scope in and out while T-bagging the character bobs his head around at this same time and we called this 'The Chicken Dance' it was our secret until now, I had 2 videos of it but didn't save them so they look to have been auto deleted unfortunately...

One thing that has always bothered me about smart-scope is that it makes zero sense from a gameplay and lore perspective, why would they degrade their technology when what they had before was already far superior?

Something something CoD crowd ADS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can confirm that (in the Beta) scoping in brought the weapon up to your face in third person. My friends and I discovered that if you scope in and out while T-bagging the character bobs his head around at this same time and we called this 'The Chicken Dance' it was our secret until now, I had 2 videos of it but didn't save them so they look to have been auto deleted unfortunately...

#Immersion

In my honest opinion though, I actually like smart scope.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

#Immersion

In my honest opinion though, I actually like smart scope.

What does it add to the game? Is there a single positive to smart scope over the regular zoom in past Halo games? 

It actually makes less sense in the Halo universe. Even today we have prototype guns that don't require a conventional sight, rather a camera/HUD system, some can even shoot around corners. It's a design choice by 343i to get more of the CoD crowd, no question about that. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

What does it add to the game? Is there a single positive to smart scope over the regular zoom in past Halo games? 

It actually makes less sense in the Halo universe. Even today we have prototype guns that don't require a conventional sight, rather a camera/HUD system, some can even shoot around corners. It's a design choice by 343i to get more of the CoD crowd, no question about that. 

Aesthetically, it looks very good.

New things don't always have to add to game-play, eye candy is still important. If it wasn't, we'd still be rocking with CE-era graphics for the sake of game-play performance.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Aesthetically, it looks very good.

New things don't always have to add to game-play, eye candy is still important. If it wasn't, we'd still be rocking with CE-era graphics for the sake of game-play performance.

Aesthetically, I think it looks horrible. 

Gameplay wise, it is horrible. 

Lore wise, it doesn't make sense. 
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1