CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They tried ranked BTB in Halo 3 and once you got to 15+ matchmaking times skyrocketed. Doubt it will be ranked.

Had no problem searching ranked btb at any level in h2 though. I loved h2 btb was my first game ever on live lol.

Had no problem searching ranked btb at any level in h2 though. I loved h2 btb was my first game ever on live lol.

Ohhhhh I did. Enough for the both of us.

So I have been thinking about Warzone. I didn't think I'd be a gametype I play much but I thought about how there will be a version without AI. How will that play? 

Will it basically be moba styled gamemode without AI where we just get kills to level up and get better weapons and destroy the other team/destroy their base thing?

Playlists that are only available to new players (i.e <10 games played) are a good idea but locking out ranked playlists is just stupid.

And that whole new account and booster "problem" was so massively overblown it's not even funny. Slobbering derpers may have played 1 game in 25 against a second accounter. It's a non issue.

It was all the staff derpers and field spastics who could totally get a 50 if it wasn't for boosters that cried and made devs think there was a wider issue to try fix.

So I have been thinking about Warzone. I didn't think I'd be a gametype I play much but I thought about how there will be a version without AI. How will that play? 

Will it basically be moba styled gamemode without AI where we just get kills to level up and get better weapons and destroy the other team/destroy their base thing?

Think Reach invasion with more players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ever suggestion for ranking systems always presupposes that it won't work.

If you make a system that actually works then you don't need to base it on ELO and then you can't have boosters or deranking.

But nah fuck it, let's just have 100 placement matches.

Ever suggestion for ranking systems always presupposes that it won't work.

If you make a system that actually works then you don't need to base it on ELO and then you can't have boosters or deranking.

But nah fuck it, let's just have 100 placement matches.

Why would you assume that ELO automatically equals boosters or deranking?

That is going to happen no matter the skill based ranking system. Detecting and punishing boosters is going to be the only way to prevent it.

That said, any "ranking" system with placement matches is by default fucking awful. Toss a fucking coin 10 times and some how discover a players skill...

Then you didn't play in a full group or get high enough rank. Full team and partial team searching is when the queue times skyrocket. BTB should stay unranked.

I forgot, did they mention the ranking system will work in seasons, or are they permanent?

Here is the footage of the Plasma Pistol in use and Smart Scoped, which has just posted:

This is what the weapon looks like mid-shot, without overcharging said shot:

CNDf7bSUsAATq2G.png

When not mid-shot, the green visual effects around the weapon are not present.

Here is the footage of the Plasma Pistol in use and Smart Scoped, which has just been posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ7NHqVHY-k

CNDf7bSUsAATq2G.png

Blue team got rofl-stomped

So, extraction being added in late like in H4 :intel:

Extraction was always there.

Here is the footage of the Plasma Pistol in use and Smart Scoped, which has just been posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ7NHqVHY-k

CNDf7bSUsAATq2G.png

The video now says it's set to private. Anyone have a different link?

Extraction was always there.

Was it added to MM late then? I just remember some game mode was added in late other than ricochet.

Was it added to MM late then? I just remember some game mode was added in late other than ricochet.

It was added to matchmaking with the Crimson Map Pack on December 10th. Was available day one in customs.

The video now says it's set to private. Anyone have a different link?

I believe I've fixed the link. Let me know if it's still not working.

So Not only does the pistol itself block a sizable portion of the screen, you get this green blob for good measure.

343 you gotta stop this shit now. It's not funny anymore....

• Upvote (+1) 8

I haven't checked out much gameplay yet, what's the general consensus on how the game looks? Promising or is it looking like another disappointment?

I haven't checked out much gameplay yet, what's the general consensus on how the game looks? Promising or is it looking like another disappointment?

Promising. I'm really excited for it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Not only does the pistol itself block a sizable portion of the screen, you get this green blob for good measure.

plasma pistol didn't really looked finished. If it is then wow.

Did you watch the footage? The green visual effect only appears for an instant when a shot is fired, and the green/charged visual effect that was in the screenshot I posted previously only appears when overcharging the shot. Regardless, I don't see the Plasma Pistol being used much in Smart Scope; it's not really a ranged weapon.

Hopefully that includes a PvE Warzone variant similar to Firefight, perhaps with a community leaderboard for the longest times teams have survived the mode.

If you look around the forums you will notice that not a lot of people seem hyped. Doesn't even seem like a Halo game is going to come out soon.People just have a bunch of questions, most of which will not get answered and the rest will be disappointing answers.

More bite size news with no substance, some actually is substantial but since its nothing we want it we don't care. Stuff like spectator mode and more custom settings as well as no sprint are in but its in the wrong game and 5 years too late.

Other than that Halo 5 seems very promising...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1