CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How long until they have BTB and will it be ranked? I heard Warzone will be social and everything else ranked...is that true?

How long until they have BTB and will it be ranked? I heard Warzone will be social and everything else ranked...is that true?

I can 100% confirm that some non-Warzone playlists will be unranked/social, but I'm also almost sure I can't explain how I know this. No idea where BTB would stand though.

Warzone won't be ranked, BTB PROBABLY won't be ranked.

Rest of Arena is unknown.

Well since Warzone is unranked, what would be their reasoning to leave BTB unranked? But I gotta remember, this is 343 we are talking about lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Warzone won't be ranked, BTB PROBABLY won't be ranked.

Rest of Arena is unknown.

I thought ranking was across all playlists. Is there a new memo talking about the playlists that aren't ranked or is this just speculation?

Probably not...meaning you have no clue, so why even respond?

Because it makes no sense to rank every single playlist? No need to get all aggressive bro chill out.

I thought ranking was across all playlists. Is there a new memo talking about the playlists that aren't ranked or is this just speculation?

Yeah, I thought it was across all playlists, except Warzone. Can't remember where I read that though and was hoping to find some clarity.

Because it makes no sense to rank every single playlist? No need to get all aggressive bro chill out.

Most playlists should be ranked. Social should be left for Warzone, Action Sack, and whatever other derpy playlists they're going to have.

Most playlists should be ranked. Social should be left for Warzone, Action Sack, and whatever other derpy playlists they're going to have.

I disagree having all of Arena ranked will severely limit playing with friends.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, but they better make BTB ranked. Tired of BTB getting the social shaft.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How? You'll want to play with friends, cause ranked play will require you to know/communicate with your teammates. 

Only things that should be unranked are rotational weekend playlists, Warzone, Infection, Grifball, & Action Sack.

Okay, but they better make BTB ranked. Tired of BTB getting the social shaft.

This I can agree with. BTB groups pubstomp the living shit out of people because it's 8 coordinated people against 8 (usually pretty casual) randoms. It would definitely be a better experience.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

This I can agree with. BTB groups pubstomp the living shit out of people because it's 8 coordinated people against 8 (usually pretty casual) randoms. It would definitely be a better experience.

They tried ranked BTB in Halo 3 and once you got to 15+ matchmaking times skyrocketed. Doubt it will be ranked.

How? You'll want to play with friends, cause ranked play will require you to know/communicate with your teammates.

Only things that should be unranked are rotational weekend playlists, Warzone, Infection, Grifball, & Action Sack.

Not everyone plays for competitive merit. And if your friends aren't as good as you, or don't care about trying to get super MLG you are gonna lose your own rank. There needs to be Social playlists even if it's just Team Slayer and Team Obj.

Not everyone plays for competitive merit. And if your friends aren't as good as you, or don't care about trying to get super MLG you are gonna lose your own rank. There needs to be Social playlists even if it's just Team Slayer and Team Obj.

Eh, just have an alt. account for games where you don't care about your ranks. W/ the XB One, you only need 1 gold account, then you can have as many online profiles as you want. 

Eh, just have an alt. account for games where you don't care about your ranks. W/ the XB One, you only need 1 gold account, then you can have as many online profiles as you want.

But people care about racking up kills on an account it looks nice. Plus making an alt just means I'm gonna wreck rank 1 kids and ruin their fun. There should be social I don't get why there wouldn't be. This is a brand new game only having a limited amount of playlists is just stupid. You should cater to a wide audience and then go from there.