CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly? "Rightfully deserve"? Past the obvious "will it work", campaign tidbits, and multiplayer gameplay on the maps we've seen, which is a metric and imperial buttload of info already, we don't really "rightfully deserve" to know anything. If 343i, in Halo 4's case wanted an actual SURPRISE upon launch, as in, not have everything already shown so people could find something new, then I can entirely understand their disappointment. They had their maiden project of 3 years, leaked before launch, revealing things they obviously didn't want to be revealed at the time. To me, this just seems like entitlement.

My little rant was more so a general thing towards things like this in general, i.e: "relying" on leakers. That bothers me, a lot. Towards Forge? They said they're going to reveal it later. Doesn't need to be at PAX. We still have two months before launch.

Serious question, were you following Halo 4 before it released? It was a fucking disaster. Now I'm going to skip the parts where 343 literally changed the pre-order incentives, collector's edition incentives, console edition incentives about three times because they kept on adding more and more to give to exclusive retailers and the collector and console edition had different exclusive content and console edition owners didn't like that, so they had to fix that too. The amount of effort that went into preparing for that was god awful.

But lets get to the real stuff. When I say that 343 never mentioned Theater, I mean it. The only time they mentioned theater was when they were asked if Theater was going to be in the game and they said "Yes" since we legit thought it wasn't since they were so oddly silent about it. Was there going to be party viewing? Was there going to be a file share? Can we view campaign in theater? What about Spartan Ops in theater? If so, can we save clips and take screenshots in campaign or Spartan Ops? These are all questions that we deserve to know before launch and 343 refused to tell us, despite the game being gold.

I have never seen a dev straight up refuse to tell their fans about an intentional (not intentional technical faults) and negative part of their game that they're well aware of so they can have more pre-orders. The game was finished and they knew that Theater was not going to be available for Campaign or Spartan Ops, and party viewing wasn't in, making it the weakest Theater in the series, and they were seeing how long they could get away with it.

I'm so sorry that "relying on leakers" bothers you so much, yet what I described what 343 did is fine by your apparently. We will try to better consumers next time.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Serious question, were you following Halo 4 before it released? It was a fucking disaster. Now I'm going to skip the parts where 343 literally changed the pre-order incentives, collector's edition incentives, console edition incentives about three times because they kept on adding more and more to give to exclusive retailers and the collector and console edition had different exclusive content and console edition owners didn't like that, so they had to fix that too. The amount of effort that went into preparing for that was god awful.

But lets get to the real stuff. When I say that 343 never mentioned Theater, I mean it. The only time they mentioned theater was when they were asked if Theater was going to be in the game and they said "Yes" since we legit thought it wasn't since they were so oddly silent about it. Was there going to be party viewing? Was there going to be a file share? Can we view campaign in theater? What about Spartan Ops in theater? If so, can we save clips and take screenshots in campaign or Spartan Ops? These are all questions that we deserve to know before launch and 343 refused to tell us, despite the game being gold.

I have never seen a dev straight up refuse to tell their fans about an intentional (not intentional technical faults) and negative part of their game that they're well aware of so they can have more pre-orders. The game was finished and they knew that Theater was not going to be available for Campaign or Spartan Ops, and party viewing wasn't in, making it the weakest Theater in the series, and they were seeing how long they could get away with it.

If you want to justify that, go ahead. And I'm so sorry that "relying on leakers" bothers you so much, yet what I described what 343 did is fine by your apparently. We will try to better consumers next time.

I didn't say it was fine, at all. I followed Halo 4 quite feverishly. Don't remember them "altering" pre-order incentives at all (Although, the fact that you'd need a CHART to show all pre-order incentives was horribly stupid). Ironically though, theater was the last thing I'd looked into, as I myself barely ever used it (Well, up until the MCC, Goddamn I use it a lot now).

When I say I dislike things like leaks, I'll be specific in saying it's in reference to content we have an abundance of. Custom settings, like Moa said, understandable, they're never spoken of in lieu of other things. Theater? Understandable. Things like maps, weapons, levels, possible plot points, etc? That's the line, I mean to address with leakers.

I didn't say it was fine, at all. I followed Halo 4 quite feverishly. Don't remember them "altering" pre-order incentives at all (Although, the fact that you'd need a CHART to show all pre-order incentives was horribly stupid). Ironically though, theater was the last thing I'd looked into, as I myself barely ever used it (Well, up until the MCC, Goddamn I use it a lot now).

When I say I dislike things like leaks, I'll be specific in saying it's in reference to content we have an abundance of. Custom settings, like Moa said, understandable, they're never spoken of in lieu of other things. Theater? Understandable. Things like maps, weapons, levels, possible plot points, etc? That's the line, I mean to address with leakers.

I should have been more specific on the map part. I was referring more to 343's stupidity in making a week-by-week schedule of map fly through all the way up to launch, not thinking about the inevitable leak and how the last three fly-through would be worthless since we've seen matches on those maps already. I just want 343 to be done revealing what the want to reveal and what should be revealed 30 days before launch.

I should have been more specific on the map part. I was referring more to 343's stupidity in making a week-by-week schedule of map fly through all the way up to launch, not thinking about the inevitable leak and how the last three fly-through would be worthless since we've seen matches on those maps already. I just want 343 to be done revealing what the want to reveal and what should be revealed 30 days before launch.

Dude, at this point, we should all be worried about expected features being cut out entirely. Theater may not even be in the game, lol. I'm sure it probably will, but then again, splitscreen and BTB is gone. And if we get theater, we probably won't be able to use it in campaign or Warzone. -_-

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can I get a headcount of people who actually think that ADS on a Plasma Pistol makes any sense whatsoever?

I mean, for continuity purposes I guess it's okay but it's not really a weapon that I ever really factored zoom and accuracy into as I used it exclusively for the noob combo and vehicle EMP.

But but but.... It feels more like blops3 this way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can I get a headcount of people who actually think that ADS on a Plasma Pistol makes any sense whatsoever?

I mean, for continuity purposes I guess it's okay but it's not really a weapon that I ever really factored zoom and accuracy into as I used it exclusively for the noob combo and vehicle EMP.

I don't mind it.

It's a hell of a lot better than getting ugly binoculars when you try to zoom in with a non-zoom-able weapon.

Hello all.... I'm moving back home to the UK after living in the USA for 5 and a half years, I had my Xbox One since release. Will i be Allowed to take my Console on the Plane as Carry on and would i get charged Import Tax when i go through British Customs? Any help would be Very Appreciated. Didn't know where else to put this as I'm sorting stuff out lol.

Yes you can travel with your Xbox - as far as what British Customs are when you land in their territory, no clue.  But in the U.S. I have traveld with my Xbox a few times, no issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude, at this point, we should all be worried about expected features being cut out entirely. Theater may not even be in the game, lol. I'm sure it probably will, but then again, splitscreen and BTB is gone. And if we get theater, we probably won't be able to use it in campaign or Warzone. -_-

BTB will be in, only post-launch. :P It's not gone.

Meant to write at launch. 

Given that it's out due to Warzone's presence, which is basically a BIGGER BTB, is that exactly horrible that we need to wait just a few more weeks for BTB to be out?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The zoom on the po is so utterly pointless. It's not needed to charge, and I doubt it affects the spread. So you get a slight zoom and a large portion of the screen covered. Great.

Please @@Sal1ent. This is getting ridiculous.

The zoom on the po is so utterly pointless. It's not needed to charge, and I doubt it affects the spread. So you get a slight zoom and a large portion of the screen covered. Great.

Footage please. 

Given that it's out due to Warzone's presence, which is basically a BIGGER BTB, is that exactly horrible that we need to wait just a few more weeks for BTB to be out?

Among a fair amount of people being disappointed, this site can't run tournaments until BTB launches. Warzone has no customs or Forge, so it's not even an option. People who care for big maps but still want to control weapons, vehicles, etc. just have to wait. 

And at this point it'd be surprising to see BTB happen before months. I don't mean that out of cynicism, but 343 seems to be averaging somewhere between 5 to 7 months waiting time in terms of "post-launches features", given their track record.

I'm assuming DLC will also be a factor in this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Among a fair amount of people being disappointed, this site can't run tournaments until BTB launches. Warzone has no customs or Forge, so it's not even an option. People who care for big maps but still want to control weapons, vehicles, etc. just have to wait. 

And at this point it'd be surprising to see BTB happen before months. I don't mean that out of cynicism, but 343 seems to be averaging somewhere between 5 to 7 months waiting time in terms of "post-launches features", given their track record.

I'm assuming DLC will also be a factor in this.

Okay, never legitimately knew people actually ran BTB tournaments. Just seems really...  I dunno... "Cluttered"? I can't find the word. Disorganized maybe.

Okay, never legitimately knew people actually ran BTB tournaments. Just seems really...  I dunno... "Cluttered"? I can't find the word. Disorganized maybe.

See? Most people don't, and that's one of the reasons it deserves more spotlight... and not to lose options with each new release. MCC also ruined opportunities due to customs not supporting 16 people, a weak Forge, and an even weaker map selection.

But indeed, it can be cluttered, and it's part of the skill gap between teams to optimize communication in a non-chaotic way. 4 people talking at the same time can be awful, so imagine 8. It can be bad if you're not careful, but it's only disorganized to the untrained eye... or for teams who tend to lose.

Being part of the team who dominated over multiple seasons and shut down teams that pros put together, I can assure you that organization is a must. Keeping track of all the power items on the maps, knowing who goes for what, optimal timing for pushes, spawns, etc.

It's fun and a nice change from 4v4. If not for it, I wouldn't have touched Halo 4 after the first two months.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah it is. Some people prefer BTB over what Warzone is looking like. It's also an established game mode since Halo 2. And based on 343's track record, I find it hard to believe it'll be out "in a few weeks".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"A few weeks" loooooool

What are you saying exactly? That we cannot trust 343 to deliver a quality game?

What is this forum coming to?

You sound like perhaps they want to force btb players into warzone by not giving them any options at launch.

Hmmm

Inb4 there is no Halo 5 and they just took our preorder money for Halo 6.

inb4 343 doesn't exist, lizard people run Microsoft, and post-Bungie Halo is just an excuse to beta test Call of Duty engineering under a Halo skin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, it's going to get even more ridiculous. Remember when we were wondering what aiming down the sights of an Energy Sword could possibly do? It probably makes overcharged shots track better, or something redundant like that. And wouldn't it be cool if the normal shots were headshot-capable so you could noob combo without switching weapons? 'K, I'm done now.

inb4 343 doesn't exist, lizard people run Microsoft, and post-Bungie Halo is just an excuse to beta test Call of Duty engineering under a Halo skin.

inb4 there is no spoon