CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What's your point? Are you telling me you're going to settle for watching someone else play through the campaign?

no, cutscenes are totally fine. If I didn't want to play the game, but was interested in the story, I could just do that. I haven't made up my mind about even getting this game at launch yet.

^ just realized the Scattershot is confirmed. So we have Light Rifle, Scattershot, Boltshot, Supressor and Incineration Cannon. Any word on the Binary Rifle coming back?

And yet the binary rifle was the only one I would keep.

It's not like, you know, you're giving 343i money to listen to audio on a Tumblr blog. Which does not require money to access.

Just saying. At least it isn't some obscure hack voicing the characters but actually well known actors and actresses. The plot is actually interesting because it acknowledges key lore from when Halo was still a young series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the lack of info released about this game to this point while being so close to launch, I'm expecting another IGN First type thing to happen (A month long look at the game, with one article released every day (like they did with MCC)). Ryan from IGN is basically in charge of that program and has pretty good relationships with MS/343 employees and is a Halo nerd. That's really the only thing that makes sense to me with how little we've actually seen of the game so far (Forge, new maps, weapons, skins, etc)

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the lack of info released about this game to this point while being so close to launch, I'm expecting another IGN First type thing to happen (A month long look at the game, with one article released every day (like they did with MCC)). Ryan from IGN is basically in charge of that program and has pretty good relationships with MS/343 employees and is a Halo nerd. That's really the only thing that makes sense to me with how little we've actually seen of the game so far (Forge, new maps, weapons, skins, etc)

One of the biggest Xbox launches of the year? Of course they're going to do IGN First on it. It's just an overall smart publicity move. I think that's where we're going to get most of our Forge and customization info

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forge info I can see being released during some special first look or vidoc, but I don't see any info coming out on customs, that's something we'll have to find out on launch day.

As long as they don't host a live stream and let people choose what customs to play.

The gametype/map combos they had for that one MCC stream was terrible.

Forge has been confirmed as a no show at PAX Prime via Frankie

63a19834095f8f4233bf7c0da1fddfd0.png

http://slaent.com/thread/317270/page/138/post/382049/

Deja vu much? Remember how we begged for Halo 4 Theater info and the rest of the unannounced maps a month before launch and we had to rely on leakers for said info and 343 had the audacity to say that they were disappointed in us for watching the multiplayer leaks to learn info that we rightfully deserved to know by that point.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen again. There's a surprising amount of info that we don't know about this game and they only have one more month to reveal it before it inevitably leaks.

If that happens again, whoever handles 343's "reveal schedule" needs to be straight up fired.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as they don't host a live stream and let people choose what customs to play.

I missed out - what were they?

One of the biggest Xbox launches of the year? Of course they're going to do IGN First on it. It's just an overall smart publicity move. I think that's where we're going to get most of our Forge and customization info

Agreed for sure. I know this is the program where they showed MCC forge so it makes sense.

Haha I think I remember that vaguely. But Ryan is a noob so don't be too surprised when he turns guns off, increases damage from Ground pound hits to 200%, and ups shield recharge rate to 300% and we just have to sit there and take it in

Deja vu much? Remember how we begged for Halo 4 Theater info and the rest of the unannounced maps a month before launch and we had to rely on leakers for said info and 343 had the audacity to say that they were disappointed in us for watching the multiplayer leaks to learn info that we rightfully deserved to know by that point.

Honestly? "Rightfully deserve"? Past the obvious "will it work", campaign tidbits, and multiplayer gameplay on the maps we've seen, which is a metric and imperial buttload of info already, we don't really "rightfully deserve" to know anything. If 343i, in Halo 4's case wanted an actual SURPRISE upon launch, as in, not have everything already shown so people could find something new, then I can entirely understand their disappointment. They had their maiden project of 3 years, leaked before launch, revealing things they obviously didn't want to be revealed at the time. To me, this just seems like entitlement.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly? "Rightfully deserve"? Past the obvious "will it work", campaign tidbits, and multiplayer gameplay on the maps we've seen, which is a metric and imperial buttload of info already, we don't really "rightfully deserve" to know anything. If 343i, in Halo 4's case wanted an actual SURPRISE upon launch, as in, not have everything already shown so people could find something new, then I can entirely understand their disappointment. They had their maiden project of 3 years, leaked before launch, revealing things they obviously didn't want to be revealed at the time. To me, this just seems like entitlement.

Eh. After having two games which had eh Forge, I want to see it well in advance, especially if they're claiming it's a lot better than past iterations.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Eh. After having two games which had eh Forge, I want to see it well in advance, especially if they're claiming it's a lot better than past iterations.

My little rant was more so a general thing towards things like this in general, i.e: "relying" on leakers. That bothers me, a lot. Towards Forge? They said they're going to reveal it later. Doesn't need to be at PAX. We still have two months before launch.

My little rant was more so a general thing towards things like this in general, i.e: "relying" on leakers. That bothers me, a lot. Towards Forge? They said they're going to reveal it later. Doesn't need to be at PAX.

You can totally understand where they're coming from though? After two eh games in a lot of corners, people just want to know as much as possible before dropping 60 bucks on the game. I personally want to know a lot more about custom games and what options will be available and these are almost never talked about before launch, so I'm usually relying on leakers and myself when I finally get the game to find out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hello all.... I'm moving back home to the UK after living in the USA for 5 and a half years, I had my Xbox One since release. Will i be Allowed to take my Console on the Plane as Carry on and would i get charged Import Tax when i go through British Customs? Any help would be Very Appreciated. Didn't know where else to put this as I'm sorting stuff out lol.

For those wondering what the Plasma Pistol looked like when using Smart Scope: https://twitter.com/Greenskull/status/634745435270316032/photo/1

Can I get a headcount of people who actually think that ADS on a Plasma Pistol makes any sense whatsoever?

I mean, for continuity purposes I guess it's okay but it's not really a weapon that I ever really factored zoom and accuracy into as I used it exclusively for the noob combo and vehicle EMP.

• Upvote (+1) 2