CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Uuuhhhh... just because it's "radio" doesn't mean it can't be compelling and engrossing. Radio is just another medium of immersing yourself in a world. Give it a try

Radio is to 1920s like Internet is to 2000s. People couldn't get enough of it. It's a very reasonable form of entertainment. I've listend to books on tape my whole life and still love em to this day. I listened to like 3 books recently and it's a lot of fun. Series like HuntTheTruth are awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was examining the Warzone screenshots available on Waypoint, and it seems that there has been some slight redesigns to the Promethean Knight. For reference, here are the designs as present in Halo 4:

halo-4-alle-prometheaner-uebersicht_prom

And here is a shot of a Knight on the Stormbreak Warzone map in Halo 5:

h5-guardians-warzone-stormbreak-up-close

As you can see, it would appear that the rear section of the Knight's armor/carapace from which the Watcher spawned in Halo 4, has been made much smaller. Perhaps the spawning system for Watchers has changed, and instead of merely spawning from that section of the Knight's armor, they now are that section, and we're looking at a Knight that has already spawned its Watcher. Or they merely endeavored to make the Knight less bulky (and slow?).

It also appears that there is a new Knight design, which is great as the visual differentiation between the four Knight variants in Halo 4 was rather minimal. This may merely be the Warzone boss, 'Knight Strategos' (I can't say that I'm a fan of the naming of Halo 5's Warzone bosses so far) however, although I hope it is representative of an attempt to bring more variety to the Prometheans, as this was lacking in Halo 4.

h5-guardians-warzone-arc-combined-fire-4

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ just realized the Scattershot is confirmed. So we have Light Rifle, Scattershot, Boltshot, Supressor and Incineration Cannon. Any word on the Binary Rifle coming back?

I wish promethean weapons were more unique and its uses came from its uniqueness. scattershots bouncing shots was useless, bolt shot had no reason not to charge (really its just an instant KO plasma pistol with less range), Suppressor had less range but faster RoF, Binary is a single hit kill etc. nothing actually unique about it but some property differences.

All I see in h4 and it seems h5 so far, is a set amount of weapons filling one specific niche (CQC, Utility, Long range, Mid, etc) and having different properties for each races representation of said niche. I do think the LR is dope but I think weapons like Incineration cannon, Binary, Suppressor, etc are somewhat redundant

However, while I didn't like h4 in general, I have to say overall the weapons were relatively balanced. So I don't doubt 343 will balance them well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wish promethean weapons were more unique and its uses came from its uniqueness. scattershots bouncing shots was useless, bolt shot had no reason not to charge (really its just an instant KO plasma pistol with less range), Suppressor had less range but faster RoF, Binary is a single hit kill etc. nothing actually unique about it but some property differences.

All I see in h4 and it seems h5 so far, is a set amount of weapons filling one specific niche (CQC, Utility, Long range, Mid, etc) and having different properties for each races representation of said niche. I do think the LR is dope but I think weapons like Incineration cannon, Binary, Suppressor, etc are somewhat redundant

However, while I didn't like h4 in general, I have to say overall the weapons were relatively balanced. So I don't doubt 343 will balance them well.

Well now the Incineration Cannon has to be charged. I don't know if it behaves differently though. Haven't seen gameplay of it. Not sure if the Suppressor either. I know the Boltshot tracks now.

Well now the Incineration Cannon has to be charged. I don't know if it behaves differently though. Haven't seen gameplay of it. Not sure if the Suppressor either. I know the Boltshot tracks now.

whoa the boltshot tracks? Haven't been keeping up with the info lately but that sounds mad strong and it was good enough in h4 lol

whoa the boltshot tracks? Haven't been keeping up with the info lately but that sounds mad strong and it was good enough in h4 lol

It's like a burst fire Needler now. We don't know if it still has the charge shot or not.

It isn't anything like its Halo 4 version. No charge up shotgun and it fires 2-3 shot at once which have weak tracking.

Isn't hunt the truth literally just audio? People actually find that shit entertaining? I know it's a sneak peak into the story but I mean c'mon now...

Best told story in the halo universe

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was examining the Warzone screenshots available on Waypoint, and it seems that there has been some slight redesigns to the Promethean Knight. For reference, here are the designs as present in Halo 4:

halo-4-alle-prometheaner-uebersicht_prom

And here is a shot of a Knight on the Stormbreak Warzone map in Halo 5:

h5-guardians-warzone-stormbreak-up-close

Man do I love the way Prometheans look. Hunchback aside, they have such an awesome style with the floating limbs and hazy orange mists and lines. I don't know who the artists of those enemies are, but give them a raise for awakening my latent Metroid Prime nostalgia and just being awesome. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Footprints are back :)

Now that is what I call next gen! Harnessing the Xbox One's power to its full potential.

Wait a second...

300px-Halo3_Snowbound-3rdperson-01.jpg

What is that...

e2b8229933b58c58b31f5c6e260e4008.png

FUCK

bb2ec84a80a0cc8c41f22460f278cf3f.png

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It isn't anything like its Halo 4 version. No charge up shotgun and it fires 2-3 shot at once which have weak tracking.

I thought the gun itself had no issue 

The problem was making the BoltShot(Pocket Shotty) a Loadout along with Promy Vision and Active Camo but the gun itself was fine and armor abilities are gone and the warzone maps are massive enough to discourage camping so why did they changed it?

The Boltshot in the game right now is significantly lamer that the one we had before 

Seriously who would choose a projectile based burst pistol when you have a hitscan pistol as an alternative

For those wondering what the Plasma Pistol looked like when using Smart Scope: https://twitter.com/Greenskull/status/634745435270316032/photo/1

Until Greenskull posts the footage from which that screenshot is taken, whether or not the visual effects around the weapon are simply part of the Plasma Pistol's smart scope or are present because the weapon is being overcharged is uncertain.

I wish they placed the gun model to the side and lower down, in a similar fashion to that used for automatic weapons like the Assault Rifle and Suppressor, or simply increase the vertical separation between the gun model and the reticle, as in their current state, Halo 5's pistols block important areas of the screen when using Smart Scope. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those wondering what the Plasma Pistol looked like when using Smart Scope: https://twitter.com/Greenskull/status/634745435270316032/photo/1

Until Greenskull posts the footage from which that screenshot is taken, whether or not the visual effects around the weapon are simply part of the Plasma Pistol's smart scope or are present because the weapon is being overcharged is uncertain.

I wish they placed the gun model to the side and lower down, in a similar fashion to that used for automatic weapons like the Assault Rifle and Suppressor, or simply increase the vertical separation between the gun model and the reticle, as in their current state, Halo 5's pistols block important areas of the screen when using Smart Scope. 

Looks ugly as fuck, both plain visually and from a functionality point of view! Putting pistols it to the right corner would improve SS so much...

• Upvote (+1) 4

I actually like the design of the pistol, really reminds me of the ce look without that stupid fin at the top. Ss mode looks bad as it does with all the pistols. Like, the side view the autos have is totally fine, it's unique and not nearly as obstructing. More weapons should have that kind of zoom, if 343 is so adamant on having the gun visible when zooming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

listen to it, it's not like it only being audio is any indication of quality. using that view, only music videos are entertaining.

Uuuhhhh... just because it's "radio" doesn't mean it can't be compelling and engrossing. Radio is just another medium of immersing yourself in a world. Give it a try

Best told story in the halo universe

Wow I really didn't think that many of you guys soaked up that immersion shit, to each their own I guess. I take it hunt the truth alone was enough to convince you to buy Halo 5 on day one as well? Good hunting gentlemen!

• Downvote (-1) 13

Wow I really didn't think that many of you guys soaked up that immersion shit, to each their own I guess. I take it hunt the truth alone was enough to convince you to buy Halo 5 on day one as well? Good hunting gentlemen!

I can't even begin to articulate the sheer amount of stupid in this one post.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

I can't even begin to articulate the sheer amount of stupid in this one post.

Really? I figured it was safe to assume anyone who finds fictional radio chatter to be entertaining must be itching to find out what happens in the actual plot asap.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hunt the truth actually is the ONLY thing that has me excited about the campaign. The whole 2x bigger, squad-based, etc. does nothing for me. 

Really? I figured it was safe to assume anyone who finds fictional radio chatter to be entertaining must be itching to find out what happens in the actual plot asap.

YouTube exists.