CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sorry but that wouldn't make sense, if you're playing Arena skins only effect the starting weapon, you choose your favourite Pistol skin and you start with it. Since everybody starts with a pistol you will constantly pick up amunition so picking up a diffrent pistol from an enemy is only usefull if you want to show off by killing him with his own weapon.

In Warzone you have diffrent card with diffrent stats, you don't have a "favoutite tank" so if you get into a tank that someone else "ordered", it will still be the same tank that person had!

See if you have 3 tank REQ card (red, blue, green) and the enemy has a black tank, how should the game know if it should turn the tank into a red, blue or green one if you enter it? It will just remain black!

Lets put it this way. (BF4 vehicle method)

In your menue you can choose a skin for each vehicle and weapon the sandbox has. A red pistol, a red tank and a red sniper.

Now if you start an arena match you will have a red pistol because thats the skin you own and choose. Now if you pick up a sniper it will get red (the skin you choose in the menue) the moment you pick it up. Now if you get killed the sniper falls to the floor and still has your red skin. And as soon as someone else picks up the sniper it gets blue/green/yellow whatever skin that person has.

The same goes for starting weapons or vehicles. There is no "your" or "my" vehicle. Only neutral objects that get the skin you choose in the menue as soon as you use it.

Basically: A red tank doesnt exist. Only neutral ones that get the skin theyre owner has choosen in the menue.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Watching CSGO for 10 minutes just shows me how much you can do with a GOOD spectator mode. I don't know much about the game, but through the spectator mode they have I feel as if I have a pretty good overview on whats going on.

I really hope the one they showed at gamescom is still being improved and they plan to add additional features because it greatly improves the experience for the viewers.

Lets put it this way. (BF4 vehicle method)

In your menue you can choose a skin for each vehicle and weapon the sandbox has. A red pistol, a red tank and a red sniper.

Now if you start an arena match you will have a red pistol because thats the skin you own and choose. Now if you pick up a sniper it will get red (the skin you choose in the menue) the moment you pick it up. Now if you get killed the sniper falls to the floor and still has your red skin. And as soon as someone else picks up the sniper it gets blue/green/yellow whatever skin that person has.

The same goes for starting weapons or vehicles. There is no "your" or "my" vehicle. Only neutral objects that get the skin you choose in the menue as soon as you use it.

Basically: A red tank doesnt exist. Only neutral ones that get the skin theyre owner has choosen in the menue.

Yes I get what you want but this is not how the REQ/Skin system works. There is no "Red sniper" in H5 there is a red sniper that has a faster ROF or a blue sniper that deals 20% more damage per shot and everytime you go to one of those REQ stations you have a certain amount of "red sniper+high ROF"-cards (you have to collect them through REQ packs), you decide to use one, you lose one card but spawn with this weapon.  (more like the BF4 weapon method rather than the vehicle method, only that you don't have an unlimeted amount of certain cards. you choose a specific weapon to spawn with and this specific weapon will drop when beeing killed)

The only weapons that have normal skins are starting weapons (pistol,ar,br,dmr,smg) but since we have equal starts again you will allways spawn with the skin of your choosing.

At least this is how I understand it

with the free dlc, tons of req packs and hcs tournaments, I think it's at least partly on their radar.

Those aren't even community features. We're talking a good fileshare browser (what we saw in the leak seems to be more of what we have in the MCC), something like Bungie's favorites, and stuff like double XP weekends. Halo 3 wasn't popular because the gameplay was amazing, it was king of Sexbox Live because of its community.

The only weapons that have normal skins are starting weapons (pistol,ar,br,dmr,smg) but since we have equal starts again you will allways spawn with the skin of your choosing.

Hmm ok. I assumed that every weapon has different "normal" skins which are attached to REQ cards that you once earn and then have forever. (Just like the BF skins)

I though that you can have the Bayonett AR card all the time and use the "Sniper with faster RoF" for example once. Like the Bayonett AR or the RoF Snipe are different weapons anyway.

Im not sure how the system works exactly and dont care how it does in Warzone.

I can only say I wish it would work like BF4 vehicle skins in Arena at least.

Yes I get what you want but this is not how the REQ/Skin system works. There is no "Red sniper" in H5 there is a red sniper that has a faster ROF or a blue sniper that deals 20% more damage per shot and everytime you go to one of those REQ stations you have a certain amount of "red sniper+high ROF"-cards (you have to collect them through REQ packs), you decide to use one, you lose one card but spawn with this weapon.  (more like the BF4 weapon method rather than the vehicle method, only that you don't have an unlimeted amount of certain cards. you choose a specific weapon to spawn with and this specific weapon will drop when beeing killed)

Simple solution is to make it so in arena, where skins are 100% cosmetic, your own skin preferences are applied to every weapon you pick up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Simple solution is to make it so in arena, where skins are 100% cosmetic, your own skin preferences are applied to every weapon you pick up.

I like picking up weapons with other peoples' cosmetic items on them though. It just adds a little something to the game for me. Usually I'll like the skin I chose more, but picking up weapons with different skins on them at least let's me see how other skins look. Sometimes I find things I like more, and other times I find things I hate. It just adds to the game for me.

This was actually one of my favorite features of Black Ops 1. I remember either finding cool combinations of weapons skins and red dot sights and emblems which made me go "Damn, whoever owns this gun is stylish" or finding ugly-ass weapons with poop colored skins and giant, obtrusive sights that made me think "lol wtf am I using". It was fun. 

I remember having a cool Batman emblem in Black Ops and feeling proud whenever I would see someone using my gun. Like I said, it was purely entertaining and fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like picking up weapons with other peoples' cosmetic items on them though. It just adds a little something to the game for me. Usually I'll like the skin I chose more, but picking up weapons with different skins on them at least let's me see how other skins look. Sometimes I find things I like more, and other times I find things I hate. It just adds to the game for me.

This was actually one of my favorite features of Black Ops 1. I remember either finding cool combinations of weapons skins and red dot sights and emblems which made me go "Damn, whoever owns this gun is stylish" or finding ugly-ass weapons with poop colored skins and giant, obtrusive sights that made me think "lol wtf am I using". It was fun. 

I remember having a cool Batman emblem in Black Ops and feeling proud whenever I would see someone using my gun. Like I said, it was purely entertaining and fun. 

Fair enough. I think it's cooler in CoD where guns can be far more customized, whereas Halo is more just skins, but I see where you're coming from.

In regards to weapon skins, Loadout/Starting weapons (BR, DMR, and AR/SMG/Pistol for Arena) will have selectable cosmetic skins that you can pick to start with.

Power Weapons in Warzone don't have collectible skins like Starting Weapons. Each variation of a weapon has its own skin attached to it, so you recognize it for how powerful it is.

The tier 2 Shotgun or Linda's sniper will always look the same in Warzone, but in Arena and Warzone everyone's starting weapons will look different.

Whatever you buy within requisition will have camo or whatever you equipped i think

Starting weapons will spawn with the Skin that you equipped for that specific weapon.

Power weapons and each variation will have a default skin that you don't select.

So I started playing some halo reach today because why not, it works, the 360 platform is better for gaming, and everyone that still plays have very little skill so it makes me feel good about my average skill level. That is when it occurred to me.... Halo 5 might be alot more like halo reach than the other halos. The only playlist that has people in it now is team slayer and everyone is always starting with AR/Pistol and are choosing sprint as their loadout. The pistol is probably the equivalent of the pistol that will be in H5 and although it is powerful close range, it take quite a few shot in the long range. If H5 is going to stick to small range maps than this is fine, but if they ever want to increase the size of the maps they may have to reconsider changing the starting weapons. I keep getting Asylum with AR/P and it just isn't fun at all.

So I started playing some halo reach today because why not, it works, the 360 platform is better for gaming, and everyone that still plays have very little skill so it makes me feel good about my average skill level. That is when it occurred to me.... Halo 5 might be alot more like halo reach than the other halos. The only playlist that has people in it now is team slayer and everyone is always starting with AR/Pistol and are choosing sprint as their loadout. The pistol is probably the equivalent of the pistol that will be in H5 and although it is powerful close range, it take quite a few shot in the long range. If H5 is going to stick to small range maps than this is fine, but if they ever want to increase the size of the maps they may have to reconsider changing the starting weapons. I keep getting Asylum with AR/P and it just isn't fun at all.

The most popular load out seems to be either jetpack or armor lock.

And asylum with AR starts is great. I melt them with the turret. So much fun.

A 5Sk pistol with no range and bloom?

Yup.

Isn't hunt the truth literally just audio? People actually find that shit entertaining? I know it's a sneak peak into the story but I mean c'mon now...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Isn't hunt the truth literally just audio? People actually find that shit entertaining? I know it's a sneak peak into the story but I mean c'mon now...

listen to it, it's not like it only being audio is any indication of quality. using that view, only music videos are entertaining.

Uuuhhhh... just because it's "radio" doesn't mean it can't be compelling and engrossing. Radio is just another medium of immersing yourself in a world. Give it a try