CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is fantastic! Now that CoD does it, 343 is sure to follow. Clamber allowing to retain fire confirmed for Halo 6.

I seriously believe that wall jumping/riding will be in Halo 6.

Forreal I'm actually surprised Halo still makes you pick 1 picture and a background. That's so lame.

If it ain't broke don't fix it remember? 

It was a joke but still...

wall jumping would be great if it replaced clamber. I doubt wall riding though, 343 had every reason to include it in 5 since titanfall had already come out. Maybe they tested it and didn't like it or something.

It definitely will. People will wonder why characters in CoD can do it but why can't Spartans? If BO3 is hugely popular then that will be all the more reason to include it. 343 are really pushing for mobility to be a huge part of the game, wall running is the next step.

So what's wrong with the idea of not being able to use sprint unless you have full shields?

If this is the design, then the getting away problem would be solved and the speed up the gameplay to get somewhere quicker would speed up. Best of both worlds perhaps? Just throwing ideas out there

don't ever speak negatively about five nights at Freddy's. Ever.

in all seriousness, destiny just lucked out. It had a good release date and has constant support so it's community is pretty active. I don't think we should be making comparisons until halo 5 is actually out though.

I honestly wonder if community support is even a goal for 343. Their primary goal is sales. To avoid cloud over use and fails I can see them wanting to thin the herds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly wonder if community support is even a goal for 343. Their primary goal is sales. To avoid cloud over use and fails I can see them wanting to thin the herds.

with the free dlc, tons of req packs and hcs tournaments, I think it's at least partly on their radar.

It definitely will. People will wonder why characters in CoD can do it but why can't Spartans? If BO3 is hugely popular then that will be all the more reason to include it. 343 are really pushing for mobility to be a huge part of the game, wall running is the next step.

THE NEXT STEP. HUE.

I'm pretty disappointed at what has happened to that franchise, cod 1, 2, 4 and 5 are actually good games, after that it just shit the bed, with blops1 single player being the only positive IMO. When I see the trailers they put out I kind of laugh, it's as if they think they're a respected franchise almost.

Blops 2 is by far the most competitively viable CoD game.

Blops 3 is actually pretty sick so far. The skillgap introduced from Glitch alone is crazy. Sadly almost everyone will view it as a get out of jail free card since that is what bad players will use it as.

Blops 2 is by far the most competitively viable CoD game.

Blops 3 is actually pretty sick so far. The skillgap introduced from Glitch alone is crazy. Sadly almost everyone will view it as a get out of jail free card since that is what bad players will use it as.

play cod 1 and 2.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

play cod 1 and 2.

While I've played both, I will admit my experience with CoD 1 isn't as in depth as the rest of the series. CoD 2 would be right after Blops 2 for me though.

While I've played both, I will admit my experience with CoD 1 isn't as in depth as the rest of the series. CoD 2 would be right after Blops 2 for me though.

the new game looks like it'll just be random like aw was, and by having ads weapons with enhanced movement abilities, it's possible that problems with combat will arise. I just hate the direction they're going in, it's far better for halo to have abilities than it is for cod, because cod was always about forcing teamwork by grounding players in realism, with halo, you can get away with it(halo 5 can do better in this regard though) because players are supposed to be powerful like that.

Like cod had already kind of stretched it with 4, and then stretched it one last time with aw. At least halo 5 has a significant portion of its past intact, cod has forsaken almost everything.

with the free dlc, tons of req packs and hcs tournaments, I think it's at least partly on their radar.

Yet their behavior with mcc says its all about sales and the need to limit the damage that non working dedis yield.

Am I the only one who wishes emblems went back to being able to pick primary, secondary and tertiary (and/or background) colors separately?

I feel like we're losing stuff that contributed a lot to individuality in customization... first armor pieces, now this.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yet their behavior with mcc says its all about sales and the need to limit the damage that non working dedis yield.

I don't think it's all sales with mcc, I just think they fucked up because the team was awful, at this point theyre playing clean up and it's not going well because, again the team is full of incompetent 3rd string developers. I'd imagine that a legitimate title in the series will get better treatment than a remaster.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who wishes emblems went back to being able to pick primary, secondary and tertiary (and/or background) colors separately?

I feel like we're losing stuff that contributed a lot to individuality in customization... first armor pieces, now this.

Depends on how they do it in the final game. Armor, I'm the same for. I feel like I'm the only one who was insanely indifferent to the extent of our customization. I know it made us "more individual", but it was never a problem in Halo 2, and even Halo 3, when arguably, it was to the same extent (Three options) as it is now. As long as the armor looks cool (*Cough* Heliosexiness- I mean skrill), I'll wear it, but I'm not going to get angry or even discouraged if I can't choose what my wrists look like on my own accord, or even my shoulders. *Shrug*

Wait, are we not gonna be able to choose separate colors for our emblem?

I'm pretty indifferent as far as armor customization goes, but I do understand it's very important to many people.

Wait, are we not gonna be able to choose separate colors for our emblem?

I'm pretty indifferent as far as armor customization goes, but I do understand it's very important to many people.

From the leaked images, it seemed like there were around 20-30 base colors, and every base color had a preset of sub colors to go with that color.

For example:

- base: red

-- sub1: red, blood red, white

-- sub2: red, orange, gold

-- sub3: black, red, blood red

etc.

If you're familiar with Destiny, it would be similar to how shaders work.

Depends on how they do it in the final game. Armor, I'm the same for. I feel like I'm the only one who was insanely indifferent to the extent of our customization. I know it made us "more individual", but it was never a problem in Halo 2, and even Halo 3, when arguably, it was to the same extent (Three options) as it is now. As long as the armor looks cool (*Cough* Heliosexiness- I mean skrill), I'll wear it, but I'm not going to get angry or even discouraged if I can't choose what my wrists look like on my own accord, or even my shoulders. *Shrug*

I consider it similar to losing your emblem as you transition from one game to another because it just wasn't kept in in the available choices. Sure, at the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal to most people, but for the people who care about it, it sucks. Mostly because it wouldn't have been that hard to keep it in the game.

It's just a situation where there's no reason not to just add more and more customization instead of moving backwards in some areas. It's kind of like how going from Reach to H4, we lost a ton of custom games options, Theater features, File Share, etc. for very, very questionable reasons. When a previous game innovates with cool popular features, it's ridiculous to scrap the said features without a valid reason.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So what's wrong with the idea of not being able to use sprint unless you have full shields?

343's excuse, as it has been for many things, is that it would be too hard to indicate to the player that that's how it works.

Which is ridiculous.

I'm not saying I like your idea, I think it doesn't make any sense, but for so many other methods of fixing problematic mechanics that have been suggested, its always the same thing. Which also explains why there is fuck all meta-game in h5's current state.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343's excuse, as it has been for many things, is that it would be too hard to indicate to the player that that's how it works.

Which is ridiculous.

I'm not saying I like your idea, I think it doesn't make any sense, but for so many other methods of fixing problematic mechanics that have been suggested, its always the same thing. Which also explains why there is fuck all meta-game in h5's current state.

actually they said they didn't like how problematic it made movement. The communication issue was just a problem josh raised when talking about sprinting/thrusting and being able to shoot with lower aim assisting properties.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh boy, the $1mil tournament race begins.

They should have done Super Smash Instead. Super Smash already has a super big following with thousands of contenders every year  counting only one event. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which is ridiculous.

My idea doesn't make sense? What's confusing about it?