CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I doubt it will be any different, kids buy m games in strides now. Why do you think cod is so popular?

Because CoD has a formula their fans like and so they didn't break the core of CoD's experience. 

cute-gif-up-wow-Favim.com-238440.gif

Imagine that

• Upvote (+1) 4

Because CoD has a formula their fans like and so they didn't break the core of CoD's experience.

cute-gif-up-wow-Favim.com-238440.gif

Imagine that

they broke that formula with aw. People hated that game. Sold fine but lost a lot of players.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

A crouch jump isn't exactly difficult to pull off and the new skill jumps certainly aren't infinitely easier.

They're not even remotely comparable in my eyes. How can you honestly say crouch jumping isn't hard. There's so many basic jumps on H3 maps that pros would do consistently that I have trouble with to this day. G1 to G2 on guardian, s1 to s3. Lift narrows to top mid. Etc

• Upvote (+1) 8

they broke that formula with aw. People hated that game. Sold fine but lost a lot of players.

Okay then why are you using that as a reference then? It's popular but now it's dying in popularity? Which one is it?

If there WAS a Buzz Lightyear armour set I would wear the fuck out of that. Imagine if Tim Allen rerecorded dialogue for Spartan Chatter!

"To infinity and beyond!" - Before a spartan charge

"You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity" - for friendly fire

"This isn't flying, this is falling with style" - for a ground pound

"I am Mrs. Nesbitt!!" - not sure about this one, I just like the quote.

+1 for busting my gut on that one XD

T rating will certainly help us, or at least here in the EU. Recently the EU CoD scene has been split due to GFinity enforcing the legal 18+ age limit on Call Of Duty and the community has been slightly segregated. The pros/older community will playing at the major and highest level of cod at gfinity while the younger generation have to go to another event with a lot less age enforcements.

TLDR, the T rating is a great thing at least from an esports perspective!

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

m rated shooters are arguably more profitable than t rated ones, anyone trying to make the argument that 343 is selling out based on the rating is an idiot.

T >> M. M puts an age limit on games. T does not. It is more accessible. A T rated shooter is going to pump out sales more than an M rated game. 

"Oh honey, not that game, it's rated M. Here, let's get this game instead, it's rated T..." 

Okay then why are you using that as a reference then? It's popular but now it's dying in popularity? Which one is it?

+1 for busting my gut on that one XD

well I use it because in its heyday it was obviously more popular. Mw mw2, m games that sold well and were played out the ass.

Aw sold well but wasn't played by as many people, it being m didn't stop anybody from buying the game.

Kind of irrelevant but not really.

When I was at the Halo 4 midnight release at my local gamestop I was 18 at the time but didn't have any identification. The guy almost didn't give me my game that I had bought even with the preorder receipt lol. I had to get a friend that knew him to talk to him. And well long story short I almost didn't get to play Halo 4 for a while. I can imagine a lot of other 14-17 year olds being in a similar situation. T rating is really not a bad thing. I mean majority of people can get their parents to buy but that's besides the point. It will add more people to the game and being this is a competitive forum you shouldn't be worried. 

Oh so your playing competitive ranked Halo and a 14 year old is destroying you? Is this necessarily a bad thing? To your ego? Probably. Relevance to Halo? It's a good thing. Yeah there will be more players who aren't good at Halo sure. but those players or either bound to get better and move into competitive play, or move into casual play or other games such as CoD. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

T rating will certainly help us, or at least here in the EU. Recently the EU CoD scene has been split due to GFinity enforcing the legal 18+ age limit on Call Of Duty and the community has been slightly segregated. The pros/older community will playing at the major and highest level of cod at gfinity while the younger generation have to go to another event with a lot less age enforcements.

TLDR, the T rating is a great thing at least from an esports perspective!

Halo 2/3 were rated M and did absolutely fine in turn outs for competitive events because they were good games. Players/spectators 18 and under only needed to be accompanied by an adult I believe, not sure how it is in EU though. Teenagers having easier access to events certainly would help improve turn outs, but doesn't necessarily mean it'll make the events better.

I don't see how it even matters. If you only played Halo because it was undeservedly rated M, I don't know what to say.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just hope the gp clamber glitch wasn't patched. Added a bit of skill to making not clamber able jumps.

Crouch jumping is definitely not as important but that doesn't mean skill jumping in general isn't part of the game. Crouch jumping isn't the only type of skill involved with jumps.

With m vs t, I don't think it will make a difference in terms of sales or popularity. You look at games like gta 5, or cod which are m rated but sell better than most t rated games(although the latter isn't played nearly as much anymore).

CAN WE SMART SCOPE WITH THE CINEMATICS?

:intel:

cinimatics only work if we can shoot during them.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

All 3 OG Halos were trend setters. I don't think Halo 5 will even be as good as Reach, let alone CE, 2 or 3.

What trends are there left to set? Everything's already been done and Halo has had to play catchup since Reach. We need a good Halo game before we get a trend setting one. 

What trends are there left to set? Everything's already been done and Halo has had to play catchup since Reach. We need a good Halo game before we get a trend setting one. 

Good Halo games and trend-setting Halo games usually go hand in hand. Then again, Halo 3's gameplay leaves a lot to be desired, but the customs games, community, forge, theater, and all that still make it my favorite one in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trend setting doesn't matter to me as long as the game is good. H5 may end up being the first good halo since 3, but I Still need to see more of it though to form a complete opinion.

Good Halo games and trend-setting Halo games usually go hand in hand. Then again, Halo 3's gameplay leaves a lot to be desired, but the customs games, community, forge, theater, and all that still make it my favorite one in the series.

Not necessarily. 60 fps, dedis, a mode with 24 players, different movement, changes to the gunplay, spectator mode - Halo hasn't added this much to the game since Halo 3. They're hardly new trends in the industry, but they're still big changes for Halo. It looks like Forge might become a full blown editor as well. I doubt it's going to redefine console shooters, but it might finally lift up Halo's bar. 

I just hope the gp clamber glitch wasn't patched. Added a bit of skill to making not clamber able jumps.

Crouch jumping is definitely not as important but that doesn't mean skill jumping in general isn't part of the game. Crouch jumping isn't the only type of skill involved with jumps.

With m vs t, I don't think it will make a difference in terms of sales or popularity. You look at games like gta 5, or cod which are m rated but sell better than most t rated games(although the latter isn't played nearly as much anymore).

Calling it a "glitch" is a little much I think. Also you should be able to tell from some footage, just find some recent footage of a groundpound and see if the player still goes up a bit during it. If so it is still there, if not it isn't.

I think the trend setting days are over in general fps games. The new trend (imo) will be games like Overwatch and Gigantic. 

While games like CoD haven't done anything new for years and it started to die. So they added 3D movement which is debatable whether it is a good or band thing (imo a bad thing). Though CoD did get stale. 

Would Halo get stale if it was a Halo 2 remake every 3 years? Would the market get stale? These are things you really have to ask yourself as it is a business. How do you improve without downgrading or adding unnecessary features? Pretty hard to do with vary degrees of playing styles.

Does Halo 5 do a good job at this? Maybe, at least a job of trying to balance this tipping scale of innovation and core gameplay.

While a lot of see sprint as a unnecessary feature, we still have imo good features added. Like thruster. If we could shoot with thruster it would be one of the best features added in halo. Again though that is my opinion. It's also a business. I believe that Sprint is one of these unnecessary features that was brought around because of the idea that modern is innovation. Which isn't always the case. Adding something because other successful games have isn't logic I would use. I am not a corporation though. But I do play Halo both competitively and casually and have been playing since early Halo 3 days.  

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

A crouch jump isn't exactly difficult to pull off and the new skill jumps certainly aren't infinitely easier.

H1 crouch jumps are cray.