CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Lol no. When you can climb walls that you miss with the touch of one button, the keyword "skill" has no relevance anymore. 

Or you know... skill jumps now start at the point where the only way to make it is by using clamber, because it was impossible to clear without clamber in the first place?

So basically, it goes like this:

If you jump and would have been able to clear it without clamber but had to use clamber, then you're just a scrub.

If you use clamber because it's literally impossible to clear otherwise, then it's a skill jump.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or you know... skill jumps now start at the point where the only way to make it is by using clamber, because it was impossible to clear without clamber in the first place?

So basically, it goes like this:

If you jump and would have been able to clear it without clamber but had to use clamber, then you're just a scrub.

If you use clamber because it's literally impossible to clear otherwise, then it's a skill jump.

Or it's just another map-breaking feature  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Skill jumps are more than just crouch jumping......

You don't have to say it. The fact of the matter is clamber is in the game, therefore "skill jumps" are no longer skill based. It's a simple cause and effect principle.

Yeah, and what I described goes far beyond just crouch jumping.

Oh wait, you're just being intentionally obtuse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That ground pound clamber thing is pretty hard to do I thought. And since when was finishing a jump ruining skill jumping in general? I remember seeing on fathom somebody jumping on a steep incline to get up to top mid. He only clambered after that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because it's so uncommon to use memes on these forums......seriously, you're annoying me at this point. Welcome to the BE forums where we have a lot of freedom to express our opinions in the way we see fit. My meme is not unnecessary and it's not like using memes is something new on these forums. Everybody knows comparing Halo 5 to Halo 2 is laughable. Stop the social justice white knighting. It's really really annoying because of the fact I did nothing wrong yet you still find a way to cry about my post. 

Memes are fine when they're funny, like when used against an obviously wrong or misinformed comment.

All the guy did was state his opinion, which for the most part, there was nothing wrong with it.

He didn't say that Halo 5 has the same amount of skill as Halo 2, he only said that if things go as planned, he (personally) thinks that it'll be as good as Halo 2.

Yeah, and what I described goes far beyond just crouch jumping.

Oh wait, you're just being intentionally obtuse.

Or simply somebody who knows what works in Halo and what's designed for little kids. You wonder why this is the first Halo game that is T for teeny boppers 

• Downvote (-1) 6

Skill jumps are more than just crouch jumping......

You don't have to say it. The fact of the matter is clamber is in the game, therefore "skill jumps" are no longer skill based. It's a simple cause and effect principle.

The fact of the matter is clamber is in the game, therefore that does NOT mean skill jumps are not in the game anymore. There's certain areas of maps that can't be reached from another point, even with clamber, that's when skill jumps come in.

Or it's just another map-breaking feature  :lxthul:

I don't disagree that it's a feature that causes more problems than not, adding unneeded depth to the game. It also definitely has the unfortunate side effect of catering to people who suck at jumping (I wouldn't be as harsh on it if at least, "hold to clamber" wasn't a thing and it required proper timing, kinda like teching in smash). As of now, it just makes maps harder to design without adding to the skill gap. It makes me feel like it was more meant to add a cinematic/close-call effect to campaign than contribute something to MP. 

Regardless of this, I just wanted to point out that skill jumping is still a thing despite how much better clamber could have been. I'm still confident about the fact that Halo 5 will shine strong when it comes to creativity in map movement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or simply somebody who knows what works in Halo and what's designed for little kids. You wonder why this is the first Halo game that is T for teeny boppers

Now you're just proving my point further...
  • Upvote (+1) 2

you're kidding right?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Memes are fine when they're funny, like when used against an obviously wrong or misinformed comment.

All the guy did was state his opinion, which for the most part, there was nothing wrong with it.

He didn't say that Halo 5 has the same amount of skill as Halo 2, he only said that if things go as planned, he (personally) thinks that it'll be as good as Halo 2 .

spiderman_crying.gif

I'm done with you. 

you're kidding right?

No. This game is aiming right at that tweenwave kiddy garbo and it shines right through with these hand holding gimmicks that are making the skill gap shrink more and more with each Halo title that is released.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Memes are fine when they're funny, like when used against an obviously wrong or misinformed comment.

He didn't say that Halo 5 has the same amount of skill as Halo 2, he only said that if things go as planned, he (personally) thinks that it'll be as good as Halo 2.

His meme was funny. But I can see why you didn't think so.

Chill

• Upvote (+1) 3

Now you're just proving my point further...

And that would be what? That next we get Buzz Lightyear armor DLC to finish the illusion so 14 year old Timmy can relate to the game and sell another copy? YAY!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Sprinting into a jump then thrusting and holding down ground pound and then clamber takes away all the finesse of a perfect crouch jump. I realize there's more inputs and commands to do now to land a certain "skill jump" but it's infinitely easier, especially with clambers generous window of opportunity. The two aren't even comparable in skill.

• Upvote (+1) 6

No. This game is aiming right at that tweenwave kiddy garbo and it shines right through with these hand holding gimmicks that are making the skill gap shrink more and more with each Halo title that is released.

And that would be what? That next we get Buzz Lightyear armor DLC to finish the illusion so 14 year old Timmy can relate to the game and sell another copy? YAY!

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Sprinting into a jump then thrusting and holding down ground pound and then clamber takes away all the finesse of a perfect crouch jump. I realize there's more inputs and commands to do now to land a certain "skill jump" but it's infinitely easier, especially with clambers generous window of opportunity. The two aren't even comparable in skill.

A crouch jump isn't exactly difficult to pull off and the new skill jumps certainly aren't infinitely easier.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow, you are really obtuse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

T rating = more people playing

How in gods name could anybody interpret that as a bad thing?

We will literally (not figuratively) find ANYTHING to complain about huh

• Upvote (+1) 4

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

A crouch jump isn't exactly difficult to pull off and the new skill jumps certainly aren't infinitely easier.

the only thing easier is the finishing aspect. That's not even the entire jump itself.

m rated shooters are arguably more profitable than t rated ones, anyone trying to make the argument that 343 is selling out based on the rating is an idiot.

m rated shooters are arguably more profitable than t rated ones, anyone trying to make the argument that 343 is selling out based on the rating is an idiot.

tumblr_lxyp1gHcbQ1ql0y2m.gif

Wow, you are really obtuse.

So because I'm tired of your constant crying and everybody else who is forcing themselves to justify clamber with little to no substance, you're going to sit here and question my intelligence by using an online thesaurus to not only try and make yourself seem more in touch with your vocabulary, but beat around the bush instead of just saying I have low intellect. I must have really gotten under your skin without even attempting to do so. We're having a discussion here, and yet you're still barking at me like a dog. Just stop. 

T just tells me how many kids are going to be getting the game easier now. So no, I am not happy with this at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

So because I'm tired of your constant crying and everybody else who is forcing themselves to justify clamber with little to no substance, you're going to sit here and question my intelligence by using an online thesaurus to not only try and make yourself seem more in touch with your vocabulary, but beat around the bush instead of just saying I have low intellect. I must have really gotten under your skin without even attempting to do so. We're having a discussion here, and yet you're still barking at me like a dog. Just stop.

T just tells me how many kids are going to be getting the game easier now. So no, I am not happy with this at all.

I doubt it will be any different, kids buy m games in strides now. Why do you think cod is so popular?