CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah I really enjoyed his videos about Destiny, but I do feel like I should mention the title says it's a speculation video... also it's 2 years old.

he's been uploading almost every day the past week or two, those are the ones I've been listening to

Halo 2 was a trend setter. Halo 5 blindly follows trends because "#immersion"

I think that, while Halo 5 won't be a trend setter, the gameplay and mechanics will allow it to be one of the best Halo games in terms of arena.

he's been uploading almost every day the past week or two, those are the ones I've been listening to

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to check out his more recent uploads if I have time!  :)

How can anyone like BDobbins? The kid makes a point in the first 5 minutes, then finds out at least 7 different ways of saying it for the remaining 25. Garbo.

Well he's well spoken and represents the competitive community and YouTube better than anyone else.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With a utility rifle identity crisis and gameplay gimmicks that serve to cheese the speed of matches instead of empowering players, what about Halo 5 do you think strongly benefits arena format games?

I think that Spartan Abilities+return to true arena gameplay show HUGE potential for increasing the skill gap.

Not to mention the aim assist/map design seems on par with the og trilogy.

I agree with the utility identity crisis though, and personally I'd rather the pistol get a RoF buff over becoming a 4sk, giving it a killtime closer to 1sec rather than the current 1.2. Maybe decrease the mag size to 10 rounds to compensate and allow a perfect 2 kills per reload?

I'm very back and forth about BDobbins videos. There good quality videos, however sometimes he can go a bit too much into "tinfoil hat" territory for my taste.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well he's well spoken and represents the competitive community and YouTube better than anyone else.

I don't think I have heard him represent the competitive community once in his videos. Pretty sure I heard him talk about long killtimes being good though, which probably made me shut off his video.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think that Spartan Abilities+return to true arena gameplay show HUGE potential for increasing the skill gap.

Not to mention the aim assist/map design seems on par with the og trilogy.

I agree with the utility identity crisis though, and personally I'd rather the pistol get a RoF buff over becoming a 4sk. Maybe decrease the mag size to 10 rounds to compensate and allow a perfect 2 kills per reload?

The only bad Spartan abilities are sprint and clamber. Thruster would be great if we could shoot at the same time. Ground pound can't be used defensively so there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't think I have heard him represent the competitive community once in his videos. Pretty sure I heard him talk about long killtimes being good though, which probably made me shut off his video.

He is against lowering the skill gap. That gives him 100% of my support.

He is against lowering the skill gap. That gives him 100% of my support.

He reminds me of OG Halo Follower with his titles. I would give him my support, but he takes it too far with the video spam with no new points being brought to the table.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He reminds me of OG Halo Follower with his titles. I would give him my support, but he takes it too far with the video spam with no new points being brought to the table.

You mean current ex-Halo Follower?

You and I either played an entirely different H5 beta or H3

it was obviously a different game but it had certain aspects that reminded me of halo 3, all the team shooting, the pacing, how the weapons felt, those kinds of things.

Halo 2 was a trend setter. Halo 5 blindly follows trends because "#immersion"

in that it allowed online matchmaking. If you're talking about individual mechanics than that's just wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The only bad Spartan abilities are sprint and clamber. Thruster would be great if we could shoot at the same time. Ground pound can't be used defensively so there is nothing wrong with it.

I love clamber lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was that really necessary?

Because it's so uncommon to use memes on these forums......seriously, you're annoying me at this point. Welcome to the BE forums where we have a lot of freedom to express our opinions in the way we see fit. My meme is not unnecessary and it's not like using memes is something new on these forums. Everybody knows comparing Halo 5 to Halo 2 is laughable. Stop the social justice white knighting. It's really really annoying because of the fact I did nothing wrong yet you still find a way to cry about my post. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Then you probably need glasses.

Skill jumps are still in the game.

Lol no. When you can climb walls that you miss with the touch of one button, the keyword "skill" has no relevance anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lol no. When you can climb walls that you miss with the touch of one button, the keyword "skill" has no relevance anymore.

There's stuff like ground pound stalling and weird thruster jumps. There's gunna a lot of really nerdy jumps going on in H5. Even in the beta we saw a bunch of cool jumps turning up.

Traditional crouch jumps have gone, but they've been replaced with brand new stuff. Crouch jumps will also still have a place, if you want to make a jump whilst still shooting for example.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You obviously just hate Halo 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol yeah. Did I say that clamber takes skill? No, I said that there's still skill jumps in the game, which there is, some of them even more intricate than what we've seen in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's stuff like ground pound stalling and weird thruster jumps. There's gunna a lot of really nerdy jumps going on in H5. Even in the beta we saw a bunch of cool jumps turning up.

Traditional crouch jumps have gone, but they've been replaced with brand new stuff. Crouch jumps will also still have a place, if you want to make a jump whilst still shooting for example.

Skill jumps are more than just crouch jumping......

Lol yeah. Did I says that clamber takes skill? No, I said that there's still skill jumps in the game, which there is, some of them even more intricate than what we've seen in the past.

You don't have to say it. The fact of the matter is clamber is in the game, therefore "skill jumps" are no longer skill based. It's a simple cause and effect principle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1