CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did I miss the bit where the article,explained how the ground slam thing worked?

Or are we stistill talking about things when we have no clue how they work?

How it works? You mean apart fr making you feel like you are playing CoD?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

How is shooting and sprinting at the same time a good thing?

Well if you stop and think about it objectively instead of losing it because sprint is involved you'll see that it would actually solve some of sprint's issues. Not that I endorse sprint in Halo by any means but its main problem was that you could get away and escape because the only way to chase the person escaping was to sprint yourself and you couldn't shoot while doing that. Being able to sprint while shooting boils down to no sprint being in the game if its unlimited in some ways. It'll still be more clunky than it was and cause maps to stretch out somewhat so it still isn't overall a good thing but it is a better thing than how sprint was before.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"Halo is blessed with an amazing community. During these quiet times it is our truly passionate fans that shine the brightest. It's because of all of you that we get to work on something we love each and every day, we're grateful for that opportunity. Please continue giving us your feedback, both about Halo 4 and what you'd like to see in the next installment of the franchise. Because, while you may not know it yet, you're guiding our path for the future, and it's a bright one, indeed".

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Because we were all so vocal in our pleasure and love of sprint, right 343?

Unbelievable. This beta's their last test . . . when the overwhelming majority votes against sprint, what they do in response will cement Halo's failure future.

....I hate being this negative. But come on, it's been 4 years already . . .

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So here's everything. The map looks cool and speed seems to be pretty key to this game, but why can't they just boost the walking speed?

1415641792-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641797-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641795-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

1415641796-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-

Wow... Dev maps that look forged...

I didn't know they were onto Lego's.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

This shit makes me laugh:

Halo 5: Guardians doesn’t completely wipe the franchise’s core of dedicated multiplayer mechanics meant to define an even playing field, but it does play with it enough to feel truly different from past Halo games. So basically, it practically wipes clean the franchises core multiplayer mechanics.

Unfortunately, I’m nervous that Halo 5: Guardians doesn’t do enough to differentiate itself from multiplayer contemporaries. Firefall’s jetpacks, massively multiplayer quests, and groups don’t approach Halo 5’s graphical prowess, but you may have more fun fighting computer opponents with a guild of friends. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s boosts, exoskeletal abilities, and reliance on aim-down-the-sights mechanics can feel like they yank the player around, but Halo 5 has some of that in its added mantle mechanics and persistent boost-dashing. You know what would differentiate Halo from it's multiplayer contemporaries? HOW ABOUT NOT HAVING THE SAME SHIT IN THERE THAT ALL OTHER FRANCHISES DO.

Call of Duty...

I'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow... Dev maps that look forged...

I didn't know they were onto Lego's.

That map looks 2x as good as anything in Halo 4 I don't know what you are talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 4

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Because we were all so vocal in our pleasure and love of sprint, right 343?

Unbelievable. This beta's their last test . . . when the overwhelming majority votes against sprint, what they do in response will cement Halo's failure future.

....I hate being this negative. But come on, it's been 4 years already . . .

Overwhelming majority of beta testers, yeah, not everybody who plays.

It's the unfortunate truth that us forum goers and pros are a small percentage of the people who will play Halo 5 (and will like sprint).

So hopefully we can convince them everybody would like no sprint, not just us, they know that already.

however how much similar is Casual CoD to Competitive CoD? Still feels practically the same oppose to Casual Halo vs Competitive Halo. Might as well be its own standalone multiplayer game.

Competitive CoD is an oxymoron. Its all about who gets the drop first. Not any true skill at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That map looks 2x as good as anything in Halo 4 I don't know what you are talking about.

Also flat surfaces >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jagged unpredictable terrain

• Upvote (+1) 1

Call of Duty...

I'm done.

That was hands down the worst preview, guy can't even differentiate what Midship is... and you're gonna quit Halo because of this idiots opinion? lol

How is shooting and sprinting at the same time a good thing?

xYrimFW.gif

It's far better than the H4 situation where to chase someone I have one shot I can't shoot at him running away.  Allowing him to run away, get his shields back and turn on me.  If you can shoot whilst sprinting then Halo is back to being a run and gun shooter, rather than a run or gun.

Personally I would prefer maps with detailed environments (Halo 2/3) than maps that look like they are just next gen forged. 

But thats me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I would prefer maps with detailed environments (Halo 2/3) than maps that look like they are just next gen forged. 

But thats me. 

Nah that maps amazing. 

That map looks awesome. 

1. Its simple lke Halo maps used to be

2. The surfaces are all smooth which means smoother movement and better nading

3. Its 1 map, possibly even forged.

That was hands down the worst preview, guy can't even differentiate what Midship is... and you're gonna quit Halo because of this idiots opinion? lol

Agree with you there. The fact that person sounded like he didn't even know what Midship was makes his comments irrelevant.

But thats me. 

I'd actually prefer both. Although I agree, all a bunch of Tron maps would be lame and really doesn't fit Halo.

The way they improved Reach and 4 over a year gives me hope with what they can do with this timeline. That's all the hope I can muster. I don't have anything left for where this series has gone.

In all honesty it shows me they don't learn.whatever they had in reach v 7, why wasn't that h4 out of the box? Why didn't they learn what worked.

Because they love CoD and don't care for halo.

Put aside what the impact to gameplay all these clever little features add. What game do you feel like you are playing?what game feel comes to mind?

I haven't played it yet but already it feels like CoD.

Ask yourself why does h4 and h5 both feel like CoD ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

they have no excuse to not improve it to at least default Reach levels by launch.

You know that default Reach is a giant pile of shit, don't you?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't mind the map since I haven't played on it. Hang 'Em High aesthetically looked pretty awful back in the day, but I warmed up to it because it was well designed. Could be a catastrophic mess, I just don't know yet.