CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Looking at the new map fathom you can tell the possibility of map control isn't something the designers thought about much when designing Halo 5's maps. Fathom is just another example. Then again, sprint kills most of the strategy of gaining ground anyway.

which is partially why I was annoyed to hear that join in progress is gone from Arena in Halo 5 (Seriously? I can't join my friend if he's having a rough time in game, and needs help when people quit, and people can't join me?).

You cannot be serious. Have you ever played Halo 4 or any CoD game? Join in progress is fucking disgusting and should stay the hell out of MM games (war zone is fine because it's a huge clusterfuck anyways).

There are so many better ways to combat what your are describing than adding forced JiP for people who want to search for a fair match:

• A "quickmatch" feature to instantly JiP any social/unraked game is fine. For people that have limited time and just want to play one game before they have to go.
  • Add severe quit penalties that actually do something (looking at you H4 and MCC)
  • Add bots that replace quitters
  • People who quit after the first quitter get a less severe punishment
  • Surrender option for remaining players
  • Make the game actually fun to play. No bullshit like SMG starts on Coagulation, because anyone with an IQ above 30 WILL quit out
  • Quitters cannot start searching for another game until the one they have quit out of is over. It will throw them back into the same game if they attempt to use MM.

Join in progress has no place in halo except in custom games,campaign,forge and warzone.

Halo 3's join in progress was ideal.

Not necessarily true all the time. You may have died only 4 times, but don't underestimate the kills your teammates may get while dying more than you.

theres that but also in halo 1 and halo 2 if the other team knows where you are and you're the last one alive for your team in a slayer - you want to die. 

taking an extra 5 or 6 deaths can win your team the game in that way (in order to get them random spawns)

• Upvote (+1) 1

it kills in .6 seconds. Have we ever compared it to COD yet?

WhimsicalRelievedInganue.gif

saying we want the guns to kill faster also means it needs to be difficult to use (like the guns in h5). Come on man...you're better than this..

why can't we have that same kill speed in Halo anymore??

Put JiP in social and I think it will be fine.

If I buy an xb 1 and get mcc, will it work for me?

Honestly?

As long as you're not from AU you'll be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Put JiP in social and I think it will be fine.

We already know it's only going to be present for Campaign, Warzone, Customs and probably Forge. No chance we'll be seeing it in Arena customs.

If they want to add it in, fine by me but give it a bloody toggle.

This is why I started playing Destiny instead of Halo. Destiny obviously doesn't have a high skill ceiling, but the better player can make those huge plays. That CE gif on Prisoner looks similar to a duel with The Last Word. But that doesn't happen anymore because Halo is so focused on teamshooting and crouchwalking. There's no longer a way for an individual to make big plays and outgun lesser-skilled opponents. It's been too easy to 4 everyone and too easy to run away when you missed. Then once a player grabs a power weapon or a power position, the game stagnates because you have to wait for something to spawn or a lucky push to break the set up. 

So on the subject of kill times, if they aren't going back to CE, they're doing it wrong, especially with people Thrusting AND Sprinting away now. It doesn't matter if the guns are "harder to use" if kids aren't dying fast. 

So far, the only good change I've seen from the beta is reducing the radar to 18 meters.  

The problem with Destiny is that each gun has spread, hipfire is worthless and ADS slow movement down, aim assists (bullet mag, reticle stickiness and hitboxes are MASSIVE) lag compensation is ridiculous and makes people trade a lot (as well as empowering red bar connection) and grenades take less brainpower to place than it takes to use a noob combo in H2. That's just the similar stuff to Halo. Then there's shit like overshields for meleeing people, blinking, super long range shotguns, supers and because of those factors, the ever-so-small shooting skill gap isn't even a factor because of how rare 1v1 battles with no external factors are.

I'm almost offended that someone who understands the Destiny meta would compare shooting The Last Word, a weapon with a ridiculous amount of spread and randomness to CE. I mean the gun LITERALLY shoots as if you were holding the trigger down on the CE pistol.

However I don't disagree with the rest of your post, and I'm hoping H5 can bring some of the individual's power back. I don't like H2A for the reasons you describe, people don't get a chance to go off without a power weapon because the BR almost never misses. In the beta, I felt like the added movement options help empower the individual in tough situations (assuming they're used as offensive tools rather than just to escape). Coupled with a decent shooting skill gap, I'm looking forward to what sort of clutch plays will come out of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what about normal btb maps? Not all will be warzone edits.

BTB is part of the "Arena" subset as far as I'm aware.

Warzone is it's own thing and then everything else (standard 1-16 players) is "Arena".

I hope somebody smashed the fucking server in the back room, that's at least better than it crapping out yet again.